Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be a sugar daddy, giving up a more loving, committed relationship for fresh meat?
Yes 36 30.00%
No 84 70.00%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:24 PM

630 posts, read 1,051,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Sounds like a SD/SB relationship is much more honest then the "Gold digger" type, Anna Nicole Smith in my previous example or even hugh Hefner. Women using old men for their money and pretending to love them seems pretty low. Unless they have an "Old man Fetish". Sean Connery not included.
lol true in those cases the motives are hidden under the guise of a "loving marriage"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 PM

31,359 posts, read 22,341,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
lol true in those cases the motives are hidden under the guise of a "loving marriage"
From an overall societal standpoint this is more acceptable, why? Because the word marriage is involved? Apparently "Marriage" gives more credibility to any couple

Old 02-19-2013, 01:35 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,278,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenaus View Post
I just don't agree. However if a prostitute wants to call herself a SB fair enough. In my opinion it's wrong and degrading and also very embarrassing.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:43 PM

326 posts, read 479,719 times
I would not be a sugar daddy for any reason.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:05 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,020,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Most normal, healthy romances form between people with similar demographics from a school, work, or common interest setting, and earlier in one's life. Sorry, but that's what I've seen.
Nah, a healthy romance can form at any age since people are or can be single at any age and youth is not a prerequisite of healthy romance. Also when you say similar demographics, such as work, common interest, etc. what you are really talking about is simple proximity. Romance occurs with the people you meet, not the people you don't. This is why "most" healthy romances are from among this pool, because you will not have a romance with someone you never met and you meet people where you are, work, school, common interest setting... lol

You can of course have a healthy romance with someone outside of this sphere but it is uncommon because events most transpire that lead you to meet someone that ordinarily you would not. Think Elizabeth Taylor and a certain carpenter at rehab for a famous example. These two people never meet in the ordinary scheme of their lives but when events transpired that brought them into proximity romance became possible.

I would agree that romance tends to fizzle among those that do not share at least a moderate amount of things or activities to which they have a care or are passionate about.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:08 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,126,261 times
I bet you are wrong! I had the chance to marry and live with a younger beautiful woman when I was in my forties. I didn't because anyone who would marry for money would also be willing to file for divorce if she didn't receive what she thought she was worth. Many of those women think they are a real prize, when in reality they are not. Knowing what I know now, I would never ever marry a woman who was in her twenties, I would wait for her to grow up and become more mature.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:11 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,975,722 times
I only read the OP, but so far the OP contradicts the whole, "I would never do that!" theory on younger women, older guys and money.

Some people believe the idea is morally wrong, and NOBODY would do such a thing. There it is, in black and white though. I just wish I saw the post when it was first posted, and bought a ticket and popcorn at the beginning of this one.

Oh, and to answer the OP.

No. No sugar daddy here.
And flowers? Who buys flowers anymore anyway?. Every time I hear someone mention flowers, I lol. Flowers are for funerals and weddings. That's all folks !

Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,278,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I only read the OP, but so far the OP contradicts the whole, "I would never do that!" theory on younger women, older guys and money.

Some people believe the idea is morally wrong, and NOBODY would do such a thing. There it is, in black and white though. I just wish I saw the post when it was first posted, and bought a ticket and popcorn at the beginning of this one.

No. No sugar daddy here.
And flowers? Who buys flowers anymore anyway?. Every time I hear someone mention flowers, I lol. Flowers are for funerals and weddings. That's all folks !

I prefer to date older guys but not for money.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:45 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,699,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
From an overall societal standpoint this is more acceptable, why? Because the word marriage is involved? Apparently "Marriage" gives more credibility to any couple
I think adding the word marriage to makes for a good veil. Couples who relationships don't fall under was is considered proper by society would use the "marriage" label to avoid scrutiny. The whole SD/SB thing just doesn't bother with and is more upfront about it.

Old 02-19-2013, 03:11 PM

12,335 posts, read 17,212,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post

No. No sugar daddy here.
I used to say the same thing. Then I met my GF after several years not being in a committed relationship. Guess what i do now?

Flowers. Fresh cut flowers LOL. It's all good though she likes them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships