Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2012, 10:12 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,385,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
I can't imagine loving someone and then having sex with them and not being satisfied. Sex is not a sport, it's an expression of love and intimacy. If you care for them and love them, the sex will be great. It may not be great the first time, but if you have deep feelings for the person, it will become great.
I agree with this also.... Just my opinion and experience. I understand that it differs from others on this thread.

I feel confident I can ascertain sexual chemistry before completing the entire act. I have not had one bad lover. I waited quite awhile with my hubby, but I just knew. And the first time... WOW... fireworks... unbelievable... the best I ever had. But I already knew it would be that good from how we touched each other, how we talked together, and how we loved each other. I also am confident I could teach my man exactly what I need if there are some areas that could be improved upon. I am a good teacher. And I am confident that he would respond to that need because he loves me. And I would do the same for him.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 03-13-2012 at 10:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 10:48 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,054,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
A lot of the thread seems like people trying to convince other people, which I don't really think was the point of it. It was more about would you or wouldn't you.... that's it, I beleive.
Exactly, I notice this too.

Old 03-14-2012, 10:42 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,121,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I agree with this also.... Just my opinion and experience. I understand that it differs from others on this thread.

I feel confident I can ascertain sexual chemistry before completing the entire act. I have not had one bad lover. I waited quite awhile with my hubby, but I just knew. And the first time... WOW... fireworks... unbelievable... the best I ever had. But I already knew it would be that good from how we touched each other, how we talked together, and how we loved each other. I also am confident I could teach my man exactly what I need if there are some areas that could be improved upon. I am a good teacher. And I am confident that he would respond to that need because he loves me. And I would do the same for him.
T'aint always so. I married a virgin. First time was a fireworks display - when the second time came long afterwards, there wasn't even a bell. Convincing him to have more sex became more and more like petitioning for clemency for a long-dead convicted murderer - fruitless and pointless. I spent so much time and energy trying to convince a man with little sex drive that sex was wonderful and fantastic, a way to bond, a thrilling way to exercise, anything!

I'm a VERY hot-blooded woman and was NOT a virgin. It had never before my now ex-husband even dawned on me that there are men not driven wild by even the thought of sex with me. I should have known - not having sex with me was easy for him. Not having sex was easy for him.

NEVER again a virgin. A man who can remain a virgin has way too little sex drive, if any.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,387,249 times
Quote:
I can't imagine loving someone and then having sex with them and not being satisfied. Sex is not a sport, it's an expression of love and intimacy. If you care for them and love them, the sex will be great. It may not be great the first time, but if you have deep feelings for the person, it will become great.
Wow. Are you a virgin?

Sex can be awful...with anyone. I've had bad sex with a man I was completely head over heels for and fantastic sex with a guy I didn't love at all.

Perhaps that's your experience but not everyones.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 AM

1,197 posts, read 2,280,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
T'aint always so. I married a virgin. First time was a fireworks display - when the second time came long afterwards, there wasn't even a bell. Convincing him to have more sex became more and more like petitioning for clemency for a long-dead convicted murderer - fruitless and pointless. I spent so much time and energy trying to convince a man with little sex drive that sex was wonderful and fantastic, a way to bond, a thrilling way to exercise, anything!

I'm a VERY hot-blooded woman and was NOT a virgin. It had never before my now ex-husband even dawned on me that there are men not driven wild by even the thought of sex with me. I should have known - not having sex with me was easy for him. Not having sex was easy for him.

NEVER again a virgin. A man who can remain a virgin has way too little sex drive, if any.
Well I think it all depends on your station in life. If you're in your 30's and dating a guy in his 30's then I could see there being a problem. The truth is I can't imagine a man not being into sex with a beautiful women. So if there are men out there that have that little of a sex drive, then of course a women would want to know that ahead of time before marrying them.

But if you are both young and have never been married before I don't see why it would be an issue. I think too many people are answering this based on being older and having already had multiple partners. If you were in your early 20's as a women and had a few partners, I would be surprised if you would exclude a guy because he said he wanted to wait until marriage.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:18 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,740,027 times
Quote:

This is an assumption & and an untrue one to boot. Possibly 'Superman like self control' but automatically equating to a low sex drive? I know this to be false.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:23 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,284,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
This is an assumption & and an untrue one to boot. Possibly 'Superman like self control' but automatically equating to a low sex drive? I know this to be false.
Agree. Self-control doesn’t necessarily mean someone has a low sex drive.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 AM

770 posts, read 1,178,482 times
Quote:
Well I think it all depends on your station in life. If you're in your 30's and dating a guy in his 30's then I could see there being a problem. The truth is I can't imagine a man not being into sex with a beautiful women. So if there are men out there that have that little of a sex drive, then of course a women would want to know that ahead of time before marrying them.

But if you are both young and have never been married before I don't see why it would be an issue. I think too many people are answering this based on being older and having already had multiple partners. If you were in your early 20's as a women and had a few partners, I would be surprised if you would exclude a guy because he said he wanted to wait until marriage.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:31 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,385,096 times
Quote:

Interesting... But was he a physical, sexual person (although still a virgin) before you got married and then he changed? Does that make sense? Can't one gauge sexuality by things other than the act - e.g. talking, kissing, heavy petting, other forms of activity/intimacy?

Can't one figure out sexual drive without "going all the way" (LOL, haven't said that in awhile). Another poster mentioned a lot of red flags from a guy before they attempted sex (e.g. thought touching her was dirty, was religious extreme). Those would be deal breakers for me before I married a guy as I would assume it would negatively affect his sexuality.

I also have not had the experience that certain penises "don't fit right" as another poster brought up. To me, it is more about intimacy, movement, and how you work it.

I do think a woman is taking more of a risk if marrying a virgin and should assess if the risk/reward is worth it and what the contingency plan would be.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:38 AM

1,197 posts, read 2,280,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Wow. Are you a virgin?

Sex can be awful...with anyone. I've had bad sex with a man I was completely head over heels for and fantastic sex with a guy I didn't love at all.

Perhaps that's your experience but not everyones.
I'm not talking about sex one time. I've had bad sex before. I'm saying that if you love the person and there is proper communication the sex will get better and I can't see a couple being deeply in love and incapable of having good sex even after years of trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships