Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:40 PM

228 posts, read 421,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
No and I'd recommend against anyone waiting until marriage unless you subscribe to a strict religious way of life in which your sexual satisfaction isn't important and sex is strictly for procreation.

It's just a bad idea. Sexual compatibility is one of many important factors to consider when choosing a life partner and you can't know if you're compatible until you dive in. Doesn't mean you have to sleep with every chick who comes along, just find someone who satisfies the non-physical aspects of a relationship, then explore the physical, then get married.

I would never date a man that wouldn't have sex until marriage. I would also assume that someone that wanted to do this would be too conservative in other areas of their life, so we probably wouldn't be compatible in many of the non-physical aspects of the relationship anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 02:00 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,736,042 times
No, never have, never will. Sex is important to me and there is no way I'm waiting around. Try before you buy is my motto

Old 03-12-2012, 02:11 PM

313 posts, read 727,971 times
No way would I wait until married to find out too late that the only thing that turns him on is whips and chains and pain - or to find out that he has a very small sex drive, either of which you will now be living with every day too. Pass, thanks. Lack of compatibility in that area will shred a relationship.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:12 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
Would you date a man who won't have sex until marriage?
No way. Having sexual compatibility is very important to me in a long term relationship. And I am also a fan of living with a boyfriend for several years before deciding to get married. I'd also like to add that I don't think it wise to get engaged sooner than three years of dating, and married after five years of being together. I'd want to make sure that it was true love and not honeymoon period infatuation driving our relationship.

Otherwise, I could see a possible compromise as having sex after the couple are engaged and serious about getting married to each other. But no way would I gamble getting married without trying out the goods... so to speak.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:17 PM

227 posts, read 420,529 times
I would. I am a virgin, but I am not waiting for marriage per say. However, if a man wants to wait, why not?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,753 times
It's taken as a big joke if you're a woman -- so assuming it's going to be a joke if you're a man as well....They all need to hop into bed together pronto to figure out if a person is worthy of being with long term, since you know, the whole relationship hinges on sex. If you're not 'good enough' they need time to test out the next partner and so on and so forth.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:25 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,742,040 times
I'm a guy and I'd wait until after marriage to have sex. But if I'm dating a woman who is very pretty and has a great career - a real good catch, - and if she insists on sex to try me out before marriage, then maybe I'd give in. But if I have sex with a woman I'd like straight, pretend lesbian, and role reversal sex with her. Would test out oral sex but no anal sex too.

I think Gina Lima or some Victorias Secret model stayed a virgin until marriage too.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:40 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,374,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
I'm a guy and I'd wait until after marriage to have sex. But if I'm dating a woman who is very pretty and has a great career - a real good catch, - and if she insists on sex to try me out before marriage, then maybe I'd give in. But if I have sex with a woman I'd like straight, pretend lesbian, and role reversal sex with her. Would test out oral sex but no anal sex too.

I think Gina Lima or some Victorias Secret model stayed a virgin until marriage too.
No offense Jesse (enjoy your posts on the Chicago thread), but you are like the poster child for why a woman may not want to date a man who won't have sex before marriage.

You do enjoy cross-dressing in women's clothing and role reversal, pretend lesbian sex. That is something a girl should know before marrying a guy, don't you think? It works best if the man is very up-front about these desires before marriage and the woman is good with that. Many women are not good with that. Do you think most men would be upfront about that sort of thing before marrying/having first time sex with a woman?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:44 PM

22,327 posts, read 29,411,685 times
No way

Old 03-12-2012, 02:47 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,719 times
Considering that we live in a different time now, I reckon most won't go with a person who won't have sex until marriage. That's how sexual active this society is right now.

I fully respect those who wait till marriage, whether it be for personal or religious reasons. I give credit to the OP for that. But being a virgin is frown upon nowadays, especially after you get older.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships