Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:04 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,121,569 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't even date a man who's a virgin.

As for marry a man who isn't a virgin but will not have sex with me until after the govt says we are unioned, hell to the no. If I don't excite him enough that he can't NOT have sex with me, we are done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 01:06 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,155,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I know it's rare, but I was one of them. (I say 'was' since I haven't been 21 in a long time.)
My girlfriend is too. 25 and waiting until marriage. We've been going out for almost 2 months now. I'm not saying she will be my future wife, but I can also say it hasn't been as difficult as I imagined. I'm a guy who use to sleep with any woman that moved so I've surprised myself.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:10 PM

607 posts, read 1,217,627 times
I went to a fairly conservative religious college so I knew (and still know) a number of people who were virgins after age 21. Most waited or are continuing to wait until marriage.
I'd date a guy who made a decision to wait, as long as he's Christian and was waiting until marriage as an exercise of his faith. I wouldn't date the OP. No offense. So you wouldn't like someone until you were married to them?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:13 PM

142 posts, read 506,041 times
I would not marry a man before being intimate with him. Sex is high on my list of priorities, and if I ended up with someone who wasn't sexually compatible, the entire relationship would surely suffer.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:14 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,033,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
My girlfriend is too. 25 and waiting until marriage. We've been going out for almost 2 months now. I'm not saying she will be my future wife, but I can also say it hasn't been as difficult as I imagined. I'm a guy who use to sleep with any woman that moved so I've surprised myself.
If you work the tongue real good, you can probably get her to give in.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:18 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,389,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
No and I'd recommend against anyone waiting until marriage unless you subscribe to a strict religious way of life in which your sexual satisfaction isn't important and sex is strictly for procreation.

It's just a bad idea. Sexual compatibility is one of many important factors to consider when choosing a life partner and you can't know if you're compatible until you dive in. Doesn't mean you have to sleep with every chick who comes along, just find someone who satisfies the non-physical aspects of a relationship, then explore the physical, then get married.
A logical way to proceed.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:21 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,906,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I don't want to have sex until marriage but I'm worried that women won't date me if we don't have sex.

I'm doing this for personal rather than religious reasons.

I've casually hooked-up (no sex) with girls in the past and I've never felt fulfilled being intimate with people I don't really like. So I've decided to remain a virgin until marriage.
One of my friends did. She just got married to her also virginal husband. They are early 30s.

Not everyone will, but I know a few women who are expecting that now in their late 20s.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:22 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,394,742 times
Never. But generally because 99% of men who would have this rule are religious fanatics. And I have zero interest to be around those types.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:22 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,385,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Maybe he can find a woman that is so special that she's worth waiting for until marriage .
He didn't give that option though. That's why I questioned him. He just said, "I've never felt fulfilled being intimate with people I don't really like."

What if he is with a person he really likes (even loves)? Won't he have a better chance of being fulfilled?

Old 03-12-2012, 01:31 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,733,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I don't want to have sex until marriage but I'm worried that women won't date me if we don't have sex.

I'm doing this for personal rather than religious reasons.

I've casually hooked-up (no sex) with girls in the past and I've never felt fulfilled being intimate with people I don't really like. So I've decided to remain a virgin until marriage.
Keep to your standards. When you find a woman who can accept this standard from you, at least you'll know you're with someone you can trust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships