Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 05:32 PM

53 posts, read 145,923 times

Advertisements

If you have never read the book, “Taken into Custody” by Stephen Baskerville, Ph.D, you should. It will make you realize how many of men’s basic freedoms have already been stripped from them in this country and how dangerous marriage can be for a man.

Every husband, single guy thinking about marriage, or father who loves his son should read this book. A friend told me about it and I was almost physically ill after reading it. Please, share it with as many guys as you can. The more guys that are informed, maybe we can make changes.

Here’s a little of a summary in the author's own words from a news article:

“And yet I cannot, in good conscience, urge young men to marry today. For many men (and some women), marriage has become nothing less than a one-way ticket to jail. Even the New York Times has reported on how easily “the divorce court leads to a jail cell,” mostly for men. In fact, if I have one urgent piece of practical advice for young men today it is this: Do not marry and do not have children.

First, you do not have to agree to the divorce or commit any legal transgression. Under “no-fault” divorce laws, your spouse can divorce you unilaterally without giving any reasons. The judge will then grant the divorce automatically without any questions.

But further, not only does your spouse incur no penalty for breaking faith; she can actually profit enormously. Simply by filing for divorce, your spouse can take everything you have, also without giving any reasons. First, she will almost certainly get automatic and sole custody of your children and exclude you from them, without having to show that you have done anything wrong. Then any unauthorized contact with your children is a crime. Yes, for seeing your own children you will be subject to arrest.

There is no burden of proof on the court to justify why they are seizing control of your children and allowing your spouse to forcibly keep you from them. The burden of proof (and the financial burden) is on you to show why you should be allowed to see your children.

The divorce industry thus makes it very attractive for your spouse to divorce you and take your children. (All this earns money for lawyers whose bar associations control the careers of judges.) While property divisions and spousal support certainly favor women, the largest windfall comes through the children. With custody, she can then demand “child support” that may amount to half, two-thirds, or more of your income. (The amount is set by committees consisting of feminists, lawyers, and enforcement agents – all of whom have a vested interest in setting the payments as high as possible.) She may spend it however she wishes. You pay the taxes on it, but she gets the tax deduction.

You could easily be left with monthly income of a few hundreds dollars and be forced to move in with relatives or sleep in your car. Once you have sold everything you own, borrowed from relatives, and maximized your credit cards, they then call you a “deadbeat dad” and take you away in handcuffs. You are told you have “abandoned” your children and incarcerated without trial.

Evidence indicates that, as men discover all this, they have already begun an impromptu marriage "strike": refusing to marry or start families, knowing they can be criminalized if their wife files for divorce. In Britain, fathers tour university campuses warning young men not to start families. In his book, From Courtship to Courtroom, Attorney Jed Abraham concludes that the only protection for men to avoid losing their children and everything else is not to start families in the first place.”
By Stephen Baskerville, Ph.D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 05:38 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,300,843 times
Oh come on . Aren't we a little too old for scare tactics and conspiracy theories?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:41 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,683,101 times
I didn`t have to read it all.......
Apparently, you haven`t found the right woman yet huh?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:59 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,904,003 times
My advice...off shore accounts and don't be afraid to leave the country.

Bring it...

Old 07-24-2009, 06:02 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,324,364 times
And a crime boss for a father-lol.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:06 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,383,529 times
While I did leave my husband and cannot wait to be divorced fromt he jerk, I have never kept my children from him or taken a dime from him.

He, on the other hand, has kept them from me and done nothing but take my money and threaten me with everything under the sun.

This thread is insane.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:16 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,860,698 times
Default You'll Have No Luck Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc757 View Post
WARNING to men before you date or consider marriage!
The men have been outed as "pervs" and have all run for the hills.

Police are on their way, so I'd leave, if I were you!

Old 07-24-2009, 06:31 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,578 times
Yep, another disguntled loser in CD Relationship forum who rips "references" from other disgruntled/psycho so-called experts.

I'm sure there will be more of him or even worser than him too.

Now I'm really scared of him. He thinks that women are evil.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:03 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,586,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
The men have been outed as "pervs" and have all run for the hills.
These Men are falling into the arms of Women in Non-feminized countries who LOVE American Men that know that he will take Great care of her.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:05 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,683,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
These Men are falling into the arms of Women in Non-feminized countries who LOVE American Men that know that he will take Great care of her.
Isn`t that an awesome thought?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships