Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2012, 10:57 PM

864 posts, read 1,455,951 times

Advertisements

Here's another good article about the benefits of waiting until marriage, which was sent to me by my BOYFRIEND, lol (who, BTW, has had sex in previous relationships but knows that I will wait until marriage, and respects that)...

The Top 11 Awesome Benefits of Waiting Until Marriage | Waiting till Marriage.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2012, 11:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,906,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Oh I wish there were a lot more men like you who were willing to wait for that special person who will be their wife before having sex. Due to my religion, I don't do that either. I also don't believe in living together before marriage. People can call me old-fashioned all they want. I have my standards & I don't care if it's 1975 or 2075, there's certain things I won't do or prefer not do to. So, I sure wouldn't mind dating someone like you at all. There's a lot more to life than sex. For all those men (& women) who say they can't go without it for a week or even a couple of days, I say buck up & have a lot more will power & inner strength.
Are you a man or a women, because if you were a man that would just make your screen name { Forever Blue } SOOOOOOOOOOOO hilarious!!!!!

Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,394,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
Here's another good article about the benefits of waiting until marriage, which was sent to me by my BOYFRIEND, lol (who, BTW, has had sex in previous relationships but knows that I will wait until marriage, and respects that)...

The Top 11 Awesome Benefits of Waiting Until Marriage | Waiting till Marriage.org
Summarized:

"When you wait until marriage to have sex, you preserve your innocence."

That sex in and of itself makes you guilty (responsible for a reprehensible act; deserving blame, as for an error) is unfounded. You preserve your innocence by being sexually irresponsible, which doesn't require abstinence.

"When you decide to wait until marriage to have sex, you are willingly becoming the obedient child, the lovelorn conquerer."

I read this section over and over, and I still can't find any intrinsic value mentioned therein.

"As long as you maintain your virginity (original or re-claimed) the values and character that come with it will remain alive as well."

People can do this simply by maintaining their sexual responsibility. On a daily basis, not having sex with someone who isn't my gf maintains the value of making sex exclusive to one person.

"People who have big hearts wait until marriage, and people that wait until marriage have big hearts. One will usually cause the other."

There is no proof or evidence of this.

"STDs... pregnancy... abortion"

This means you don't have sex with someone you don't know and know well. There is nothing about legal marriage in and of itself that protects people from all this. Married couples are assuming based on knowing the person they're married to that everything will be okay, same as committed couples who aren't married.

"People who wait till marriage tend to prioritize meaningfulness in all relationships much more than other people."

Again, proof? This section defines 'meaningful' as pulling the maximum potential out of every relationship. I don't agree with this definition. Neither that this is the best way to define it, nor that doing this is a good thing. Sounds like a one-way ticket to Burnout City to me.

"(The wedding night of those who didn't wait) doesn’t feel special enough.
Because they’ve already committed themselves fully to the person they’re marrying. They’ve been in love, having sex, and (usually) living together for years now."

Exactly. Meaning they were already a married couple. The only "special" thing they were missing was for some stranger to say "Okay, the church/law recognizes your marriage". Whether the wedding feels special or not depends on your view of marriage in general, not on whether you waited to have sex.

"When you get married, you’ve got a whole lot of awesome sex that you haven’t ever had yet. And now you get to catch up, instead of just burning out."

So it buys you a few years, tops. And then you're "caught up", ready to burn out. Then what?

"Waiting till marriage means that you do not dilute this piece of yourself by giving it to a lot of people."

Except for those who were married a lot of times. Really, marriage has nothing to do with this either. Waiting until you are in a committed, exclusive relationship is enough. At best, this is arguing that people should wait for quite some TIME before having sex. And I can agree with that.

"A great example for your kids"

See above. THAT'S a great example. Giving them one more reason rush into legal marriage, no.

"You have stepped outside the conventions of world and said “No. I’m going to be different.”"

I certainly have. And I didn't need a preacher or the State of Texas to do it.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 PM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Funny, you're arguing something that I didn't say.
If you're interested in her and she rejects you, it certainly is your problem.
It's not her problem, you become past tense because of her preference.

The teachings don't support pedophile priests, either. Of course, it's pretty widely accepted and practiced.
Just because some people accept it doesn't meant the teachings support it. As a Catholic I am going to stand by my decision to wait until marriage. I never said sex was a bad thing. I said it should be saved for MARRIAGE. If a woman rejects me for sticking to my morals, I don't see myself as having a problem. I see her as having a problem because she refuses to respect my morals.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:55 PM

5 posts, read 9,310 times
As someone who believes in waiting till marriage for personal moral reasons I would be thrilled to find a man who is on the same wavelength (and is over 30) Where are they all hiding?

Old 03-20-2013, 08:34 PM

60 posts, read 100,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Funny, you're arguing something that I didn't say.
If you're interested in her and she rejects you, it certainly is your problem.
It's not her problem, you become past tense because of her preference.

The teachings don't support pedophile priests, either. Of course, it's pretty widely accepted and practiced.
No, because it's just one person. There's always the next person.

I don't date women anyways, because I'm cheap, antisocial and happy being single.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:40 PM

456 posts, read 1,170,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I don't want to have sex until marriage but I'm worried that women won't date me if we don't have sex.

I'm doing this for personal rather than religious reasons.

I've casually hooked-up (no sex) with girls in the past and I've never felt fulfilled being intimate with people I don't really like. So I've decided to remain a virgin until marriage.
It's a cute thought and all, but what if you have sex and it's TERRIBLE and you have to live with that person for the rest of your life?

Old 03-20-2013, 08:45 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,028,557 times
I would not have dated such a man, and I'm not sure why. I think, in a very pragmatic way, I would want to know we were compatible that way too, before marriage. It's not the only thing and it's not even the most important thing. But that type of connection with a partner is important, to me.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:43 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,900,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I don't want to have sex until marriage but I'm worried that women won't date me if we don't have sex.

I'm doing this for personal rather than religious reasons.

I've casually hooked-up (no sex) with girls in the past and I've never felt fulfilled being intimate with people I don't really like. So I've decided to remain a virgin until marriage.
Yes I would date a man waiting until marriage. I am not a virgin but years ago made the vow towait until marriage.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:05 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,068,701 times
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships