Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2008, 10:22 AM

26 posts, read 94,036 times

Advertisements

DW and I interviewed this weekend with Johnston County Schools...fingers crossed.

Absolutely loved the area! Ate lunch at the Grocery Bag, drove the entire area, fell in love with Tafton, Knolls at the Neuse, and the surrounding countryside. Probably can't afford Knolls at the Neuse, but what a beautiful and unique S/D! Tafton, though, is everything I hoped for. Before the trip, my wife and I loved one particular house, even though there were no pics of the interior. The inside was even better than anticipated!

BTW, tonight is going to feel like 7 degrees here in MI.

Brady
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 10:35 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,988,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving From Michigan View Post
DW and I interviewed this weekend with Johnston County Schools...fingers crossed.

Absolutely loved the area! Ate lunch at the Grocery Bag, drove the entire area, fell in love with Tafton, Knolls at the Neuse, and the surrounding countryside. Probably can't afford Knolls at the Neuse, but what a beautiful and unique S/D! Tafton, though, is everything I hoped for. Before the trip, my wife and I loved one particular house, even though there were no pics of the interior. The inside was even better than anticipated!

BTW, tonight is going to feel like 7 degrees here in MI.

Brady
Good luck with your interviews!

I think its going to be in the 60s today here in Clayton. Move down soon, its getting warmer!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:45 PM

26 posts, read 94,036 times
Default Weather

Yeah, I know, Heather. Hey, did you get much rain on Sunday? It was sprinkling right as we were loading up to leave (over at the Comfort Suites).

I was pulling for much rain for you...God knows there was a TON at the Virginia/NC border!

Old 02-18-2008, 12:50 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,988,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving From Michigan View Post
Yeah, I know, Heather. Hey, did you get much rain on Sunday? It was sprinkling right as we were loading up to leave (over at the Comfort Suites).

I was pulling for much rain for you...God knows there was a TON at the Virginia/NC border!
Not really, it was sprinkling mostly. We need the rain, send it!
It kind of makes me laugh that we are having this water shortage problem..considering the ocean is really not that far away...

Old 02-18-2008, 01:46 PM

18 posts, read 76,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
Hi Kelly,
Just so you know, when I say "rural", I just mean that there is more country/land here. It does NOT mean that there is nothing to do, AT ALL. Each area has lots going on. There are dance studios, gymnastics, kung fu, scouts, and various town activities along with sports. Clayton has things like Tball, soccer and many other things for both adults and kids. Where I live...considered the "Archer Lodge" section of Clayton (Wendell PO in some cases) - there is also a volunteer run community center with Tball and Soccer among other family oriented events, scouts, etc. There's a YMCA as well and tons of parks.

So in my mind, rural just means it might take longer to get where you are going. My dh commutes to RTP and it takes im 45 - 50 minutes....that's just too much for some (but its half our old NJ commute) but for us its fine.

Lauren

Lauren,
Can you give some specific info on dance and gymnastics in the area?

Thanks!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:10 PM

615 posts, read 1,504,848 times
I think by "rural" I moreso meant that if you are offended by seeing some mobile home parks/trailers on your way to/from work or to your subdivision, you may want to stay away from Johnston Co.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:10 PM

431 posts, read 1,339,183 times
Oh my gosh ......I typed up like a page of info on all how our search has gone and it disappeared .......(crying)

Old 02-18-2008, 07:14 PM

Anyways.....

I just wanted to first thank you all who offered up help and information on different locations we should check into........i actually felt like I knew where I was in some locations since you guys had described things so thoroughly......

In the past 2 days we have hit quite a few subdivisions

Lee forest, Hunter Mill, Broadmoore and Broadmoore W. , The Pointe, Tymber Creek, Cobblestone, Summerlyn, Taft Woods, Flowers Plantation, and a few more...

Old 02-18-2008, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,492 times
Default Thinking of moving to Clayton from Maryland

Hi...I'm thinking of relocating my family to Clayton from Maryland. We are about 15-20 minutes from Baltimore City now, so we are used to being able to get to the busy city but still get away from it. I would love to move somewhere, where it is not so busy and my husband likes to be able to get places fast, so it has to be a little of both. I originally found Cary, NC online and thought it looked nice. Then found Clayton and that seems like it would work better. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions to someone who has never been there?!!!!!!!!!!!! Or any suggestions of areas in Clayton that are better?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much,
Rachel

Old 02-18-2008, 07:34 PM

We definatley ruled out a few and were interested in a few also.......but you were all right about finding one a it just feeling right........We are very interested in flowers plantation....(the new section ) Pineville East......the area is just what we want.....I absolutely love the subdivison what it offers with the club house and those amenities.....there a couple custom models that we can choose from that fit exactly what we need and want.......

So we are very excited.........I think we're going to put it into foward drive when we get back home and possibly trying putting the house on the market earlier than planned and see what happens......

Maybe while we wait for his retirement papers to finish we can sell the house and if it hopefully happens b4 school is over we could stay with my parents or maybe come here and rent till the house is built.....

I know someone had posted about rentals (6 month) before.......if anyone has any info on that I'd really appreciate........I'm even contemplating maybe refinancing at home if it would cover my down payment and like 6 or so months of payments here while we sell since I do have family in the same town at home that could help out showing and handling things if we came down early.......

Again if anyone has any rental info that would be great;.......thanks again for the help it really did make a huge difference while we were searching around.....

Suzanne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary