Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2008, 06:13 AM

18 posts, read 75,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
That does seem to be an area that some of the business around here are slow to get to...websites. One of the dance schools, Carolina Dance is around the corner from me. I should talk to the owner about a site as I see her at the gym all the time. (I can build websites).

Lauren
PS..this is the sort of place where you can call to speak to a human and they will be more than happy to answer any and all of your questions.
Thanks Lauren!
BTW, which gym do you go to?
Maybe they have a website I could take a look at.
I currently go to a gym that offers group classes
(Group Power, Group Active, and Zumba) that I love!
Also, is there a link to your neighborhood?
Sounds really nice. I've looked at so many homes on realtor.com that I can't even keep them all straight now. LOL
As soon as we find out where my husband can get a job and it's secured we will visit and look at all the towns and some homes so we can choose which one suits our needs best. My husband is familiar w/ the area as he attended NC State and grew up in Fayetteville.
Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 11:01 AM

214 posts, read 701,708 times
We use Carolina Dance Productions right by Flowers. It's a nice studio- brand new and my daughter sure is learning alot. It is our first year there. She takes tap/jazz/ballet but they offer other types of classes as well. Competitive prices I would say. Not sure why none of these places have a website. As for gymnastics, I have friends who use Morgan's Gymnastics(one in Smithfield and the other is on the Cleveland side). They have a website. The other place I know people who have used is Premier Athletics by CLayton Middle School- I think this is more cheering/tumbling than gymnastics.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:48 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshel88 View Post
We use Carolina Dance Productions right by Flowers. It's a nice studio- brand new and my daughter sure is learning alot. It is our first year there. She takes tap/jazz/ballet but they offer other types of classes as well. Competitive prices I would say. Not sure why none of these places have a website. As for gymnastics, I have friends who use Morgan's Gymnastics(one in Smithfield and the other is on the Cleveland side). They have a website. The other place I know people who have used is Premier Athletics by CLayton Middle School- I think this is more cheering/tumbling than gymnastics.

I'm here to pipe in about the dance/gymnastic conversation taking place.

Never heard of Carolina dance but now I will look into it! My daughter was taking hip hop classes at Premier Athletics @ Riverwood, but it became more "ballet" like (no idea why) so we took her out. She is taking cheerleading classes at the other Premier Athletics location (Off of Guy Rd near hwy 42) and she LOVES it. She took two years of gymnastics in Raleigh and I swear, she has learned more in Cheer 1 then she did in those two years. They start off learning alot of tumbling/flips, etc before they move onto the cheer part. She loves it, we highly recommend Premier Athletics!

Heres a link to Morgan's Gymnatics, we have heard great things about them:
Morgan's Gymnastics Academy | Smithfield Clayton Garner Raleigh NC North Carolina

Heres a link to Dance Art, its in Garner near the Cleveland area, I heard it was excellent!
danceart - dance lessons garner north carolina

There is also another dance studio in downtown Clayton, I forgot the name of it though. I heard they were good too.

There's another gymnastics location on Angier (about 30 mins from Clayton) that people from Raleigh even travel to. I guess they are more competitive gymnastics and they have been labeled as "the best" in the area. You can check with the Moderator cut: url removed except for Johnston County.

Hope that helps!
Heather

Last edited by autumngal; 02-20-2008 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: no competitive links please, ty

Old 02-20-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
We use Carolina Dance Productions right by Flowers.
Wait..I just googled Carolina Dance Productions and its coming up at Riverwood. Is that correct?

Old 02-20-2008, 01:34 PM

214 posts, read 701,708 times
They used to be at Riverwood but she built a new studio right by Food Lion near Flowers.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:28 PM

62 posts, read 258,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post

She is taking cheerleading classes at the other Premier Athletics location (Off of Guy Rd near hwy 42) and she LOVES it. She took two years of gymnastics in Raleigh and I swear, she has learned more in Cheer 1 then she did in those two years. They start off learning alot of tumbling/flips, etc before they move onto the cheer part. She loves it, we highly recommend Premier Athletics!
My daughter loves Premier Athletics on Guy Rd. too. She is taking a tumbling class there and the instructors are great. My daughter has taken classes at other places, and we used to get frustrated at how much time was spent just standing around waiting in line-very little tumbling. But at Premier, they really seem to get so much done, and I feel like I'm getting my $'s worth!

They also seem to have a lot of tumbling clinics too (mainly during school breaks) that are a good value.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:46 PM

850 posts, read 3,624,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie Perkins View Post
Thanks Lauren!
BTW, which gym do you go to?
Maybe they have a website I could take a look at.
I currently go to a gym that offers group classes
(Group Power, Group Active, and Zumba) that I love!
Also, is there a link to your neighborhood?
Sounds really nice. I've looked at so many homes on realtor.com that I can't even keep them all straight now. LOL
As soon as we find out where my husband can get a job and it's secured we will visit and look at all the towns and some homes so we can choose which one suits our needs best. My husband is familiar w/ the area as he attended NC State and grew up in Fayetteville.
Thanks again!
Hi Tracie,
I belong to Riverwood Athletics and they have a gym but we joined mostly for the pool for the kids.

But the main place I work out is with a personal trainer that I use in the Flowers area and its sort of a unique set up. Its a small homey sort of place where you commit to personal training rather than join up and then you can go whenever you want to work out (outside the personal training you commit to). Not sure if I'm allowed to post the site link so DM me if you want it, but its Woodall's Fitness...though the sign says Fitness, Massage, Tanning on the corner of the strip mall building across the way from Food Lion.

There's no link the neighborhood I live in; Tafton but you can go to most realtor sites and search via subdivision for homes. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer. There's already one other CD person who learned of Tafton and moved in with maybe more on the way? If not, there are TONS of S/D's in the Clayton area that I'm sure will fit with what your family is looking for.

Lauren

Old 02-20-2008, 07:51 PM

850 posts, read 3,624,898 times
Quote:
They used to be at Riverwood but she built a new studio right by Food Lion near Flowers.
Yep, I pass it almost daily...its on Neuse River Pkway (which if you are coming from Covered Bridge is S.Murphreys Rd - just past the firehouse...it turns into Neuse further on).

A stand alone building on the left before the Food Lion SC.
Lauren

Old 02-20-2008, 09:18 PM

48 posts, read 298,088 times
Default Also just got back from Clayton, NC.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving From Michigan View Post
DW and I interviewed this weekend with Johnston County Schools...fingers crossed.

Absolutely loved the area! Ate lunch at the Grocery Bag, drove the entire area, fell in love with Tafton, Knolls at the Neuse, and the surrounding countryside. Probably can't afford Knolls at the Neuse, but what a beautiful and unique S/D! Tafton, though, is everything I hoped for. Before the trip, my wife and I loved one particular house, even though there were no pics of the interior. The inside was even better than anticipated!

BTW, tonight is going to feel like 7 degrees here in MI.

Brady
Moving From Michigan,
I understand where you are coming from, my husband and I live in NH (freezing!) and are in love with NC. Absolutely loved Tafton. I agree, what nice interiors! I almost don't want to be "advertising" for the S/D in case others buy all the houses before we get there . I am in love with 477 Barrette. I have also seen pictures of Edinburgh, which seems great, but could not locate where it was (with so any new streets, the GPS systems can't keep up). We called a realtor for directions, but nobody knew where it was. Good luck on selling your home.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:08 AM

Quote:
I will have to check it out!
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary