Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2008, 06:57 AM

850 posts, read 3,625,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving From Michigan View Post
DW and I interviewed this weekend with Johnston County Schools...fingers crossed.

Absolutely loved the area! Ate lunch at the Grocery Bag, drove the entire area, fell in love with Tafton, Knolls at the Neuse, and the surrounding countryside. Probably can't afford Knolls at the Neuse, but what a beautiful and unique S/D! Tafton, though, is everything I hoped for. Before the trip, my wife and I loved one particular house, even though there were no pics of the interior. The inside was even better than anticipated!

BTW, tonight is going to feel like 7 degrees here in MI.

Brady
Brady, glad you and your family enjoyed your trip AND loved Tafton. Which house did you end up liking...the resale you mentioned?

Good luck on your job interviews! There's such a demand for teachers and other school workers here.

Lauren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie Perkins View Post
Lauren,
Can you give some specific info on dance and gymnastics in the area?

Thanks!
If you google "dance studios clayton nc" this is what comes up;
dance studio loc: Clayton, NC - Google Maps

There are at least 2 gymnastic places that I KNOW of. The Kung Fu place (and there are karate too I believe) is off of 70 in Clayton.

And some more links;

Downtown Clayton

Clayton Youth sports

Clayton Recreation Programs

Archer Lodge

Plus all the athletic gyms/pools offer classes to all; swimming, exercise for kids, etc.

Lauren

Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelluvschuck View Post
Hi...I'm thinking of relocating my family to Clayton from Maryland. We are about 15-20 minutes from Baltimore City now, so we are used to being able to get to the busy city but still get away from it. I would love to move somewhere, where it is not so busy and my husband likes to be able to get places fast, so it has to be a little of both. I originally found Cary, NC online and thought it looked nice. Then found Clayton and that seems like it would work better. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions to someone who has never been there?!!!!!!!!!!!! Or any suggestions of areas in Clayton that are better?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much,
Rachel
Hi Rachel,
So much of the answer depends on you and your family and what fits. You can be in Clayton and get to parts of Raleigh, Garner, etc....within 20 minutes but other places could be 30 or 45 minutes. It depends on where you end up and where you want to go. I'd say you should plan a trip here and take a look see around! Also, have you searched for all the photo threads on Clayton?

Lauren

Old 02-19-2008, 08:20 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelluvschuck View Post
Hi...I'm thinking of relocating my family to Clayton from Maryland. We are about 15-20 minutes from Baltimore City now, so we are used to being able to get to the busy city but still get away from it. I would love to move somewhere, where it is not so busy and my husband likes to be able to get places fast, so it has to be a little of both. I originally found Cary, NC online and thought it looked nice. Then found Clayton and that seems like it would work better. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions to someone who has never been there?!!!!!!!!!!!! Or any suggestions of areas in Clayton that are better?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much,
Rachel
Rachel, I am familar with where you are coming from and where you are thinking about coming. We live in Clayton now and get almost anywhere within 30-35 minutes during non rush hour. The key is how close you are to 40 or how quickly you can get there. Where you are now a five mile drive can take 30 minutes during rush hour. You won't find that here. The best way to explain it is the eclipse tomorrow night. Unless there are clouds in the sky and clouds are not the norm. I will have a crystal clear view of it and the stars. You have to look hard to find the sense of openess in the Baltimore Metro area. If you value that then look at Johnson County and look for an area that has great access to 40. I would look in the Cleveland area of the county. It has great schools and is close to 40 and tons of shopping within a very short distance. You can get to White Oak shopping in 15 minutes and be in Cary in 30ish. You can have the benefits of both worlds if you want both.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:17 AM

439 posts, read 1,748,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Website for the Town of Clayton if anyone is interested.
Welcome to the Town of Clayton, North Carolina
Thank you!!!!! Giving you a rep point if I can.

(and it wouldn't let me...grrrr)

Old 02-19-2008, 07:07 PM

26 posts, read 93,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
Brady, glad you and your family enjoyed your trip AND loved Tafton. Which house did you end up liking...the resale you mentioned?

Good luck on your job interviews! There's such a demand for teachers and other school workers here.

Lauren
Hey Lauren,

Yeah, 535 is the house we loved. The floorplan is amazing...my wife's dream house! Truly the only thing standing in the way right now is selling my house in Michigan...anyone?

Old 02-19-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimnSue View Post
We are very interested in flowers plantation....(the new section ) Pineville East......the area is just what we want.....I absolutely love the subdivison what it offers with the club house and those amenities.....there a couple custom models that we can choose from that fit exactly what we need and want.......
Great news that you've found some place you really like! I remember the feeling!

I did want to put out one word of caution or just something to think about (and this might be the NJ in me) but just be sure to check out where in Pineville you will be in comparison to the HUGE new shopping center they are building there on the corner of Buffalo and 42. The back of the center will back up to Pineville, if I'm not mistaken. It might not even be an issue here but in NJ, it wasn't even a consideration (backing up to a SC). Figured I'd mention it in case you didn't know what was being built there. It probably isn't anything but I'd feel terrible if I didn't mention it and read a year from now that you hated your house.

Lauren
<sending SELL SELL SELL vibes to you!>

Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 AM

18 posts, read 75,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren4521 View Post
If you google "dance studios clayton nc" this is what comes up;
dance studio loc: Clayton, NC - Google Maps

There are at least 2 gymnastic places that I KNOW of. The Kung Fu place (and there are karate too I believe) is off of 70 in Clayton.

And some more links;

Downtown Clayton

Clayton Youth sports

Clayton Recreation Programs

Archer Lodge

Plus all the athletic gyms/pools offer classes to all; swimming, exercise for kids, etc.

Lauren
Thanks Lauren. I had already done the google search and was disappointed to find none of the ones in Clayton had a website. So, thought I would see if anyone had any first hand experience with those dance schools.

Thanks for the other links as well. Very helpful!
Still researching Clayton as well as Raleigh, Holly Springs, and Apex.

Tracie

Old 02-20-2008, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie Perkins View Post
Thanks Lauren. I had already done the google search and was disappointed to find none of the ones in Clayton had a website. So, thought I would see if anyone had any first hand experience with those dance schools.

Thanks for the other links as well. Very helpful!
Still researching Clayton as well as Raleigh, Holly Springs, and Apex.

Tracie
That does seem to be an area that some of the business around here are slow to get to...websites. One of the dance schools, Carolina Dance is around the corner from me. I should talk to the owner about a site as I see her at the gym all the time. (I can build websites).

Lauren
PS..this is the sort of place where you can call to speak to a human and they will be more than happy to answer any and all of your questions.

Last edited by lauren4521; 02-20-2008 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: Added PS

Old 02-20-2008, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving From Michigan View Post
Hey Lauren,

Yeah, 535 is the house we loved. The floorplan is amazing...my wife's dream house! Truly the only thing standing in the way right now is selling my house in Michigan...anyone?
YAY...glad it was as good in real life as it was to you on paper! I remember when we first started looking and I was so scared that all that we saw on paper was just too good to be true IRL!

I hope your house sells FAST! And keep in mind that even if this particular house sells, you can build the same model (with whatever upgrades and choices YOU make) on a different lot - if there are still buildable lots. There are many uncleared lots but not sure if they are buildable at this time (due to drainage issues....at least over by me).

Also, FYI....I've heard that a new street is going into Tafton. When you make your right onto Annali....there's a big lot on your left after the 2nd house. That actually is a tract of land that goes back behind and will become a cul de sac.

Lauren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary