Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:24 AM

546 posts, read 2,418,028 times

Advertisements

Have your realtor take you through Broadmoor and Broadmoor West too. It is off of Cleveland School Road and is a great neighborhood. It is in very good school districts and close to them as well! Good luck with your house hunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 10:03 AM

850 posts, read 3,626,560 times
Also, when you're in the Archer Lodge area (flowers, glen laurel, etc) check out River Hills S/D. I just discovered it recently online...it has a community pool and the lots are from 1/2 acre and up. Never been there but its off a nice road.

Lauren

Old 02-15-2008, 11:15 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,881 times
Oh, just something we observed when we were house shopping..we *almost* bought at Centex Magnolia Village. The house plans are gorgeus, the houses are a bit too close for my taste and there was the issue of a lack of a yard (for the house we were looking at). Anyway, we did our little "test" and drove around Midnight on a Friday/Saturday night. Lots of teens, it was actually pretty loud. This was last year about this time so maybe by now things have settled.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:17 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,984,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priorityonecb View Post
). You'll pass Walmart. On the left hand side is White Oak, its a really nice shopping center. Pretty much everything you could possibly need is there.

Except a bookstore!! We moved to Clayton last summer and we *really miss having a close bookstore. A Borders or Barnes and Noble would be fabulous to have at White Oaks!
YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!
I did hear that a Fridays (restaurant) will be popping up next to Wendys at White Oak. Oreo madness people! Woo-hoo! (there goes my diet! lol) I think the huge lots of land at White Oak and also next to Walmart would be IDEAL for a B&N. I think we should start a petition or something. Who do we need to write to?

Old 02-15-2008, 05:43 PM

431 posts, read 1,338,491 times
Wow thanks everyone.....

Once we get there tomorrow night I will jot down all the info from this forum......I already have a bunch of pages printed of subdivisions we wanted to take a look at.....and I actually got a package in the mail today from an agent....(who I havent spoken with but I guess I gave my info somewhere.......anyways it was packed with lots of magazines/maps/info on all the counties etc.....so there was alot more info on builders than I had mapped out already and now you've all spun my head around a bunch more....lol

I'm going to atttempt to cover as much area as we can in the 3.5 days we have.....wish we were a little closer so we didnt have such a long ride there and back but we'll make it work.....

Any ideas on someplace we can go and take the boys for a break from all this home searching????

I know theres supposed to be a bullwinkles and some other place my husband came accross (cant remember it right now) and I made sure we booked a hotel with a pool to keep them busy at night......

I'm in the middle of packing now and still have to run to target to get a bathing suit.....Everytime we go away my bathing suit is missing......(and I actually like my bathing suit).../oh well.......just a pain in the butt......

So we will be heading out around lunchtime tomorrow so we wont be there until night time tomorrow So I'll sign on then and check to see if theres any new info......

thanks again for all the info....you guys are awesome.......

Suzanne

Old 02-15-2008, 06:27 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Default Also try Hunters Mill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nclover View Post
Have your realtor take you through Broadmoor and Broadmoor West too. It is off of Cleveland School Road and is a great neighborhood. It is in very good school districts and close to them as well! Good luck with your house hunt.
Also try Hunters Mill which is the next development on the same side of Cleveland Rd after Broadmoor. Great builder and great value.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Oh, just something we observed when we were house shopping..we *almost* bought at Centex Magnolia Village. The house plans are gorgeus, the houses are a bit too close for my taste and there was the issue of a lack of a yard (for the house we were looking at). Anyway, we did our little "test" and drove around Midnight on a Friday/Saturday night. Lots of teens, it was actually pretty loud. This was last year about this time so maybe by now things have settled.

Same here, Heather. We love the Centex homes but their lots are always tiny. It was a tough choice.....but we passed too.

Lauren

Old 02-15-2008, 06:42 PM

420 posts, read 1,398,053 times
"I think the huge lots of land at White Oak and also next to Walmart would be IDEAL for a B&N. I think we should start a petition or something. Who do we need to write to? "

We've written to both Borders and B&N...they both said they don't have any future plans to build here dang it!!!

Old 02-15-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!
I did hear that a Fridays (restaurant) will be popping up next to Wendys at White Oak. Oreo madness people! Woo-hoo! (there goes my diet! lol) I think the huge lots of land at White Oak and also next to Walmart would be IDEAL for a B&N. I think we should start a petition or something. Who do we need to write to?

Someone told me that that little package store on 70 (toward Clayton on the right) is going to house another Target. Not sure if its true but it was a business owner who was told by builders.

I sure would love a bookstore too! I miss browsing...though paperbackswap has my heart now.

Lauren

Old 02-16-2008, 11:20 PM

431 posts, read 1,338,491 times
Hey all,

Well after a long ride (10 hours) we made it here safely from long island......we're staying in cary......We got so excited when we saw the Welcome to NC sign but it was so dark we couldnt make out much (checked in at 11:50pm)

Anyways...cant wait til morning to start our adventures.........I will keep all the information you all have give me and i'm sure I'll be checking in for extra help.........

Talk to you all soon.......Thanks again for all your help up to this point.....

Suzanne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary