Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 11:48 AM

45 posts, read 103,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellySR View Post
THANKS. We would want 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, fireplace, center hall colonial with some property. It would be great if the dev. had a pool and things for the kids. I cant be too far from necessities...shopping

Looking to spend up to $300K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 08:42 AM

431 posts, read 1,340,676 times
Hi Kelly

I cant vouch for all the proprty sizes cause that was also an issue for us....we have around 3/4 acre here so we have a large backyard and we didnt find that much there...

Taftton where Lauren lives has large lots....homes are really nice...I'm guessing 3/4 brs in the lower $200's properties are spaced out well....

Flowers Plantation.....Pineville east they are from $280's up the lots vary..pineveille will have a community club house with indoor outdoor pool and slide/fitness center and spa.....they will also be putting in a food store/postoffice/sometype of fast food shop all on outer part of the property but this is a gated community and it wont be anywhere near the homes.......the roads are nicely paved beautiful light posts curbs and real drains on the roads....(funny but that is a huge thing to me since that is what i'm used to......it still think its wierd to see those valleys in the front yards where the water just runs off and its not undergroud)
If you go to their web site click on the properties link at top and it will give you all their subdivisions within flowers with the prices specs etc (this is top on my list right now)

Tymber creek this is over in the cleveland area and the homes were also beautiful lots varied but prices were from the $200's - $260's 3/4/5br w/bonus rooms

Summerlyn.....go to their website and you can see tours of the homes....the properties seem alittle smaller here although they did a have a few lots ready to build that seemed alittle larger and flatter than others....(we're keeping an eye on this place) they are also building a huge community park accross the road......they have a pool in the development

we were only interested in homes that had a master suite 3 bedroms 2 baths and i needed a large bonus room plus and office or an extra br so that I could have an office and we're looking up $300 also but would gladly go alot lower...lol and as I said lot size is a big deal also.......most new developments dont give ya alot of property or you have it but it drops off or is not very usable.....

We saw soo many but as I said they all had beautiful homes but be props werent very big....I can give you info on those if ya want also just let me know

Hope this helps...

Suzanne

Last edited by JimnSue; 03-01-2008 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: I gotta learn how to type...lol

Old 03-01-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimnSue View Post
Hi Kelly

I cant vouch for all the proprty sizes cause that was also an issue for us....we have around 3/4 acre here so we have a large backyard and we didnt find that much there...

Taftton where Lauren lives has large lots....homes are really nice...I'm guessing 3/4 brs in the lower $200's properties are spaced out well....

Flowers Plantation.....Pineville east they are from $280's up the lots vary..pineveille will have a community club house with indoor outdoor pool and slide/fitness center and spa.....they will also be putting in a food store/postoffice/sometype of fast food shop all on outer part of the property but this is a gated community and it wont be anywhere near the homes.......the roads are nicely paved beautiful light posts curbs and real drains on the roads....(funny but that is a huge thing to me since that is what i'm used to......it still think its wierd to see those valleys in the front yards where the water just runs off and its not undergroud)
If you go to their web site click on the properties link at top and it will give you all their subdivisions within flowers with the prices specs etc (this is top on my list right now)

Tymber creek this is over in the cleveland area and the homes were also beautiful lots varied but prices were from the $200's - $260's 3/4/5br w/bonus rooms

Summerlyn.....go to their website and you can see tours of the homes....the properties seem alittle smaller here although they did a have a few lots ready to build that seemed alittle larger and flatter than others....(we're keeping an eye on this place) they are also building a huge community park accross the road......they have a pool in the development

we were only interested in homes that had a master suite 3 bedroms 2 baths and i needed a large bonus room plus and office or an extra br so that I could have an office and we're looking up $300 also but would gladly go alot lower...lol and as I said lot size is a big deal also.......most new developments dont give ya alot of property or you have it but it drops off or is not very usable.....

We saw soo many but as I said they all had beautiful homes but be props werent very big....I can give you info on those if ya want also just let me know

Hope this helps...

Suzanne
That is incredibly helpful. I have 1/3 of an acre which is big for this area so I would want about the same. I cant believe what you can get for $300K! Unreal. Anyway thanks again for all of your advice and help.
Kelly

Old 03-01-2008, 12:34 PM

615 posts, read 1,506,816 times
FYI---Tymber Creek(in the Cleveland area) is more like $190,000-$230,000. Some homes are even on a pond, however the houses on the pond are smaller( @1800 sq. ft.)

Old 03-01-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom5497 View Post
FYI---Tymber Creek(in the Cleveland area) is more like $190,000-$230,000. Some homes are even on a pond, however the houses on the pond are smaller( @1800 sq. ft.)

Thanks...we are looking for around 2500 sf.

Old 03-01-2008, 06:51 PM

Default re tymber creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom5497 View Post

We looked at most of these homes.....a bunch were open so we walked around......this subdivision is attached to "The Pointe" which is the Centex subdivision by a back road....

do you know if they are putting in a pool or anything like that? There wasnt anyone in the area or a model home to speak with anyone.....I really liked a couple of the corner props......

Suzanne

Old 03-02-2008, 03:07 PM

615 posts, read 1,506,816 times
JimnSue--We researched the Tymber Creek devlp. for a few weeks and did not hear anything about a pool. The only "recreation" would be the 2 ponds there with a possible walking path around the 2nd pond(not the one with the gazebo)

Its a cute development with pretty homes....worth investigating for the ponds alone IMO. We just did not care for any of the floorplans there so we opted for Twisted Oaks/Hunters Mill a bit further down on Cleveland Rd.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimnSue View Post
We looked at most of these homes.....a bunch were open so we walked around......this subdivision is attached to "The Pointe" which is the Centex subdivision by a back road....

do you know if they are putting in a pool or anything like that? There wasnt anyone in the area or a model home to speak with anyone.....I really liked a couple of the corner props......

Suzanne
So Suzanne...have you guys made any decisions? I have been hearing more and more about Flowers Plantation and how nice it is and will be even more so in the next year or two...

Old 03-09-2008, 08:24 PM

Hey Kelly

We're still waiting on his job......but we're doing lots of prep work here....so we can put our home on the market as soon as we get the right info........
We just redid the upstairs bath and are going to start the dining room this week and then start boxing up the non necessities and put them in storage.....

flowers/pineville east is definately top on my list and I'l go back and see how summerlyn is progressing...hubby came accross 2 more we never got to he said he'd llike to check out.....so we're gonna make another trip down in April/may and visiit the schools, etc.

We're coming its just a matter of how soon.....(not soon enough for me)

So everyone keep their fingers crossed we get good word soon and then a great market to sell the house in.....

Suzanne

Old 03-10-2008, 05:24 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,995,675 times
Just wanted to throw in Anderson Homes @ Cobblestone. VERY NICE floorplans, they are energy star homes (yes, you do save alot on electric bills!), tighter construction so there's better air flow (my allergies are not nearly as bad....which is great!) and the neighborhood is so family oriented. There is a community pool, tennis court, open spot near the pool which is fun to take a picnic & a soccer pool up there. There will be a nice walking path soon too which I'm excited about. I think houses start at 160k, check out their website for floor plans, they have something for everyone.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary