Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 05:57 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,941,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymaru View Post
This post is only for people who can handle the truth. All believers in fairy tales, should NOT proceed.

1. Liberals, because their fundamental inborn dishonesty
How delusional. You think people of a certain, ill-defined political ideology have have a "fundamental inborn dishonesty". In the same breath you say that people who believe in fairy tales should not proceed. The cognitive dissonance is stunning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 06:03 PM

46 posts, read 40,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
No and no from where I sit. Where the heck are you?
About 150 miles north of the Big Island.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:04 PM
DSO DSO started this thread

57 posts, read 76,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
1. Nobody, not even Obama, thinks the current deficits are sustainable. Drastic actions needed to be taken to prevent the economy from tipping into a prolonged depression. A lot of spending up front (including billlions in tax cuts) seems have pulled the economy back from the brink. Next step is paying down the deficit, which Obama has promised to cut in half by the end of his first term.

2. I don't know any liberal that supports prolonged dependence on free money if it's not necessary. There are people who abuse the social system and they are wrong. Just like there are people who abuse the capital system and they are wrong (i.e. the banks and such that collapsed our economy).
For the sake of my grandchildren, I desperately hope things go this way. My problem is the way this administration is keeping their promises - - to say no tax increases on those earning less than 250K, then create a scheme to increase or impose new taxes on everything else seems disingenuous, if not dishonest. This is most certainly going to be a huge tax increase on everyone, even those not currently paying income taxes.

Old 04-18-2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
How delusional. You think people of a certain, ill-defined political ideology have have a "fundamental inborn dishonesty". In the same breath you say that people who believe in fairy tales should not proceed. The cognitive dissonance is stunning.
You are getting better at joining phrases you hear other people use together. Unfortunately, they don't make sense. Instead of just memorizing the words, perhaps you could glean the meaning therefrom and use them intellig..., no, that wouldn't work at all.

Last edited by bennymaru; 04-18-2010 at 06:13 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 04-18-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
Your wrong, Republicans say they are for smaller government, but they have never or will the ever deliver on these promises, they love power too much. See Reagan and Bush.
I am hopeful that once the conservative grass roots effort at correcting / re-directing the republican party is achieved this will no longer be the case. No argument with me that things have gotten out of hand - - But how does the direction of the current administration equate to smaller government?

Old 04-18-2010, 06:19 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,941,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymaru View Post
You are getting better at joining phrases you hear other people use together. Unfortunately, they don't make sense. Instead of just memorizing the words, perhaps you could glean the meaning therefrom and use them intellig..., no, that wouldn't work at all.
You did not actually respond to my comment and your post makes far less sense than anything I've posted in this thread.

You think that people of a particular political ideology have an innate dishonesty. That is a stupid, indefensible position, especially since political ideologies are not necessarily permanent in a social sense or fixed within a particular individual. Is that simple enough for you to digest? Do you know what cognitive dissonance is?

Old 04-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
I'm curious why conservatives NOW care about deficits and debt? I seem to recall Dick Cheney stating that deficits don't matter? Most of the current debt was created under Bush and Cheney. Seems kinda hypocritical for Conservatives to now complain about Obama trying to fix the disaster he was left by the previous administration.
I think conservatives got busy with life and work and grew comfortable with the status quo. Trust me, getting involved with politics and attempting to re-direct the republican party is the last thing I have time for. But I think it is critical that we take action.

Why does everyone express that since the previous administrations increased the debt, that it is OK for Obama to increase it even more? I am still left wondering how more of a bad thing is the solution? By supporting Obama's spending, one basically defuses his argument that the spending of prior administrations was a problem. More of a bad thing is worse! If I am in debt, I need to spend less and try to earn more. Simple - right?

Old 04-18-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSO View Post
I am hopeful that once the conservative grass roots effort at correcting / re-directing the republican party is achieved this will no longer be the case. No argument with me that things have gotten out of hand - - But how does the direction of the current administration equate to smaller government?
I am with you mate. Too many RINOs.

The current administration is deliberately running the ship of state aground, for their own political gains. They are like one huge Hanta Virus.

Last edited by bennymaru; 04-18-2010 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 04-18-2010, 07:15 PM

15,115 posts, read 8,647,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The Saudi's were another problem and indeed part of it. Most of the hijackers were indeed Saudi's. The attacks were however based out of Afghanistan, but we should have put more pressure on the Saudi's right from the start, which we did not do.
And you know this to be true ... how? Oh, from the guys who said we needed to invade Afghanistan to get the boogie man, Bin Laden?

Fact is, ALL OF IT is a load of BS .... 911 was a pretext ... an excuse ... not a reason, that's why it lacks reasonableness ... Saudis are the ones who allegedly attacked us, so we invade Afghanistan and Iraq? That makes sense?

The debate taking place here is false, on both sides, so both sides are wrong.

The bottom line is that the Taliban were created by the Pakistani ISI as directed by the CIA. Their sole purpose was to provide a stable government that would facilitate oil and gas pipeline construction across Afghanistan, and negotiations for that had been on-going since 1998. The Taliban were being difficult, and as frustrations with them mounted, they were informed that they could either be carpeted in money or bombs. The Taliban also made few friends by their almost total destruction of opium-herione production which is a very lucrative business for the international banker gangsters. So they really had to go.

The plans were formed to invade Afghanistan several months before 911, and certain US allies in the region were notified as early as March of 2001 that military intervention was planned for the fall of that year.

So, the war Afghanistan had nothing more to do with 911 than the Iraq war did. Both wars were based on lies.

And neither war can be made legitimate simply because Obama is in the White House.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSO View Post
I am a conservative, and am seeking an understanding of how liberals view the future of this country in light of the debt being incurred by the country's current direction. Specifically, I'm looking for your ideas on things like:

1.) what are we going to do about the debt / what happens when the percieved cash cow of the rich people's money runs out?

2.) how do entitlements help people? I am of the opinion that entitlements enslave a person to dependency - I have seen this and lived it first hand. Do you have any experiences where this was a positive thing that helped a person become all they could be? I'm referring to able bodied people here.
First, check out your state's welfare policies. I think you'll see that the hordes of freeloaders you imagine dont exist, and havent since about 1996.

Second, a five percent rise in "the rich people"'s taxes isnt the only tool to lower the debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies