Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 04:24 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,506,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
They did?

They do?
Yes, they did. We acted when confronted with a threat, despite how uncomfortable and risky it may have been at the time. The willingness to throw down the gloves and not take the easy route out of things showed other countries that we mean business. Don't mess with us and we won't harm you.

10 reasons why George W. Bush was a smarter world leader than Barack Obama – Telegraph Blogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 04:30 PM

22,205 posts, read 19,494,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Yes, they did. We acted when confronted with a threat, despite how uncomfortable and risky it may have been at the time. The willingness to throw down the gloves and not take the easy route out of things showed other countries that we mean business. Don't mess with us and we won't harm you.

10 reasons why George W. Bush was a smarter world leader than Barack Obama – Telegraph Blogs
LOL. The idea that we were respected under Bush is asinine. The message it sent btw was mess with us, we will semi fight back against you, but mainly focus on someone that had nothing to do with you.

2,125 posts, read 1,941,921 times
Quote:

Don't mess with us and we won't harm you...unless we mistakenly think that you have weapons when you really don't....unless you are an innocent family that happens to live where our bombs fell...unless....

P.S.

1,089 posts, read 656,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSO View Post
1.) what are we going to do about the debt / what happens when the percieved cash cow of the rich people's money runs out?
Do you realize that 400 of the richest Americans saw their incomes double and tax liabilities cut in half under Bush?

Do you realize that the National Debt doubled with Bush at the helm?

In fact Reagan and Bush have been the biggest spenders in recent times. Don't give me that excuse that it's the House that spends the money, its the president that sets the agent.

Cash cow, what an effing joke.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunks_galore View Post
Don't mess with us and we won't harm you...unless we mistakenly think that you have weapons when you really don't....unless you are an innocent family that happens to live where our bombs fell...unless....

P.S.

You apparently can't see the bigger picture in all of it. I'm sorry.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
LOL. The idea that we were respected under Bush is asinine. The message it sent btw was mess with us, we will semi fight back against you, but mainly focus on someone that had nothing to do with you.

Spoken like a true liberal.

A bunch of fluff with no reasonable, concrete arguments. Prove me wrong and I might actually take you seriously. I challenge you to.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
You apparently can't see the bigger picture in all of it. I'm sorry.
I most certainly do see the bigger picture of it all, and I see it beyond the wars we've waged in the past 10 years. Our action in Iraq and Afghanistan was predicated on false information, and right now it is bleeding us dry, killing innocents, fueling terrorism, and ruining our reputation. We don't have enough troops so we deploy PMCs, who in turn act irresponsibly and make us look even worse. Our leader in Afghanistan publicly laments the number of innocents we kill at checkpoints, even as plenty of our soldiers die for noting.

If you have an alternative view, provide an intelligent response instead of some empty garbage punctuated with emoticons.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:42 PM

22,205 posts, read 19,494,856 times
Quote:

A bunch of fluff with no reasonable, concrete arguments. Prove me wrong and I might actually take you seriously. I challenge you to.
Coming from someone who posted an opinion piece from a conservative commentator as their 'evidence'.....

As far as no reasonable concrete arguments?? We focused more on Iraq than we did on Afghanistan. That is a fact.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:

This is hilarious, since you have literally made no intelligent comments in this thread. You think that George W. Bush was a good President, despite the fact that he was almost universally maligned in the global community and at home, which is exactly why the Republicans suffered such an incredible defeat a few years back.

I especially love your nonsensical line that "That is the result of maintaining freedom". What freedom? Who's freedom is maintained? This is such empty rhetoric, especially considering Bush's actions regarding detention and wiretapping, especially considering the conditions for the citizens of Iraq and Afghanistan.

You'll never be proven wrong because you'll never listen to anyone with an alternative viewpoint. I don't think Obama's war policies are good, but Bush was an absolute disaster.

Old 04-18-2010, 04:45 PM

Oh well, at least we captured Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban are out of power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies