Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:48 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,012,023 times

Advertisements

OH my god the places this could take us.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:56 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,315,645 times
"In a brief phone interview with CNN, Delonas called the controversy "absolutely friggin' ridiculous."

"Do you really think I'm saying Obama should be shot? I didn't see that in the cartoon," Delonas said.

"It's about the economic stimulus bill," he added. "If you're going to make that about anybody, it would be [House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi, which it's not."

Col Allan, the Post's editor-in-chief, said the cartoon "is a clear parody of a current news event."

"It broadly mocks Washington's efforts to revive the economy. Again, Al Sharpton reveals himself as nothing more than a publicity opportunist," Allan said in a written statement."

Sharpton blasts Post cartoon linking stimulus bill to chimp - CNN.com

Old 02-18-2009, 08:03 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,857,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
"In a brief phone interview with CNN, Delonas called the controversy "absolutely friggin' ridiculous."

"Do you really think I'm saying Obama should be shot? I didn't see that in the cartoon," Delonas said.

"It's about the economic stimulus bill," he added. "If you're going to make that about anybody, it would be [House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi, which it's not."

Col Allan, the Post's editor-in-chief, said the cartoon "is a clear parody of a current news event."

"It broadly mocks Washington's efforts to revive the economy. Again, Al Sharpton reveals himself as nothing more than a publicity opportunist," Allan said in a written statement."

Sharpton blasts Post cartoon linking stimulus bill to chimp - CNN.com
She realizes that the country doesn't take lightly to her crap. Can't cahnge whats done like your chimp remark. I have it quoted so you can't ignore it. Like I said in my first post on this thread I hope that you remove that hate from your heart its toxic.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:17 PM
miu

17,771 posts, read 40,227,414 times
As was posted on another board:
Quote:
You guys are missing the joke here:

Picture refers back to police shooting of the crazed chimp a few days ago.
The "punchline" is that this crazed chimp is the one that wrote the current stimulus bill.

The monkey isn't Obama, the joke is that the stimulus bill look as if it could've been written by a crazy monkey.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
She realizes that the country doesn't take lightly to her crap. Can't cahnge whats done like your chimp remark. I have it quoted so you can't ignore it. Like I said in my first post on this thread I hope that you remove that hate from your heart its toxic.
Who is this person you refer to as "she" and "her"?

I hope you will somehow find a way to remove the constant thoughts of racism from your mind. It must be terribly troubling to constantly think about one thing 24/7/365. I feel sorry for you... I really, honest to God do because it is people like you that bring down others. Sad......

Old 02-18-2009, 08:31 PM

18,145 posts, read 25,349,905 times
Quote:
This is the way I read that cartoon,

What actually happened:
- Police officers kills an almost human animal to save a human who thought he/she was pretty much a human.

What the cartoon shows:
- Police officer kills a supporter of the bill (a democrat) who is represented by a "almost human dark savage animal". And all the "real americans" are happy now because there's one less "almost human dark savage animal" to worry about.

Racism? What color is the biggest supporter of the bill? (Obama)
Preaching hate towards democrats? No doubt about it.

It was just a few months ago when republicans were crying out load sexism
because Obama used the worn out phrase: "You can put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig"

Old 02-18-2009, 08:36 PM

18,145 posts, read 25,349,905 times
Quote:
I think the chimp portrays Congress (who definitely wrote the stmulus bill) based on what the police officer in the cartoon said; "They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill."
Stop the BS of saying "The chimp is congress, because congress wrote the stimulus bill"

99% of republicans were against the bill,
so there is NO DOUBT at all that the monkey is a democrat that supported the bill

Old 02-18-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Stop the BS of saying "The chimp is congress, because congress wrote the stimulus bill"

99% of republicans were against the bill,
so there is NO DOUBT at all that the monkey is a democrat that supported the bill
You have no friggin' clue what you're even trying to say!!!

The bill was written by a handful of Dumbocrats in the House (Congress).

Old 02-18-2009, 08:53 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,801,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Excatly..The toon was a crude attempt to depict Obama as a chimp being bad in writing the Stimulus bill prompting the cops to shoot him.

Where do some of you shop for you're "clueless blinder googles". They must make things a lot easier.
Soooo......is Obama the first politician to be compared or depicted as a chimp?

Of course not. When the politicians stop acting like monkeys, they'll stop being compared with monkeys.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:55 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,801,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
I generally shudder anytime sharpton claims racism, but this time I do think it is somewhat validated. Historically, blacks were compared to apes, and the cop's statement seems to imply the chimp wrote the bill, therefore the chimp = obama. Mathematically:

Obama = black, black = chimp => obama = black = chimp = racism
Yeah right. So what was with all the Bush = chimp cartoons and pictures over the last 8 years? Get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.