Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 09:11 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,343,568 times

Advertisements

I think its a play on the Infinite Monkey Theorem. You know, 535 "monkeys" on 535 typewriters producing an infinite amount of unintelligent babble that nobody is going to ever read anyway.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:13 PM

18,248 posts, read 25,581,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But it IS racist when it's comparing a black man with a chimp?????
But how is that logical?
Did a newspaper do that?
or some college kid with photoshop?

Old 02-18-2009, 09:13 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,879,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
There are a lot of Dumbocrats with hate for Bush over the last 8 years that only increased. I strongly suspect that includes you, right?
people hate politicians true but this is racist.....and isnt acceptable and the only thing you can say is people hated bursh for 8 yrs so, you like liars as long as they ar conservative and hate liars when they are democrats

the dumbing down of america continues

Old 02-18-2009, 09:15 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,599,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
people hate politicians true but this is racist.....and isnt acceptable and the only thing you can say is people hated bursh for 8 yrs so, you like liars as long as they ar conservative and hate liars when they are democrats

the dumbing down of america continues
I think you're pretty dumb to see this as racist when it obviously isn't

Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute
So it's NOT racist when it's comparing a white man with a chimp:

But it IS racist when it's comparing a black man with a chimp?????

But how is that logical?
its logical because black people are called and have been called monkeys by [SOME] WHITES throughout history in the US. thats the difference.

call a white guy/gal a monkey it has no connations to it historically, its like cooking on a non stick pot/pan it doesnt stick

Last edited by city414; 02-18-2009 at 09:39 PM..

Old 02-18-2009, 09:18 PM

171 posts, read 329,107 times
I do remember newspapers showing pictures of apes and chimps hanging from trees, all the time referencing people of color in their article. That was in good ole' Northern Arkansas. And, believe it or not, racism still abounds all over the place there.

The cartoon had a purpose.

I think tomorrows internet discussion should be the home address(s) of Rupert Murdoch, owner of the Post, and Col Allan, Editor in Chief of the Post, and Sean Delonas, the artist of the cartoon. I say POST their names, addresses, telephone numbers, companies Murdoch is associated with and then let the public express their views personally to each of them.

Murdoch is associated with News Corporation. You can Google it and get lots of information. He is associated with FOX TV, FOX Sports, CBS News and owns The Wall Street Journal and Times Hearld Record. He's asociated with National Geographic Channel. Oh yes, CBS News also is on that list.

So, if you feel any objection to the New York Post's rancid cartoon, then take action!

For Republican Bush lovers: I have decided the foundation for the Bush / Hitler association must have stemed from his Grandfather, Prescott Bush and his support, via his business, of Hitler. You can also Google a 1941 newspaper article about the Feds ceasing his funds.

Research is good. I do believe we might be headed back to the age of destruction.

Oh yes, I heard Murdoch is trying to obtain Direct TV. Can you imagine the spewing of crap if he does get more media outlets. After all, doesn't he own the satellite in the heavens that is requiring a change to pay-tv.

Get smart. We're all in this together.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
I think you're pretty dumb to see this as racist when it obviously isn't
think what you want be my guest. do i care what u think, you have the same mindset of kootr.

the way i see this; you wont plain and simple.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:27 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,701,770 times
Default Pulitzer Prize IF

... Bush was still in office -- and that cartoonist gets a chuckle from Dems & Repubs alike. That cartoon runs regardless of who's Prez. The guy was obviously busting on the Plan.

People need to get a grip. O won't have it 1/10000th as bad as GW. (Or McCain would have; that Conn, chimp would have been depicted an "Old Senile" chimp with Dementia or some other diss for that matter.)

Old 02-18-2009, 09:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 70,163,096 times
I think all of you who see a chimp depicted and jump to the conclusion someone is making fun of black humans are actually the racists. Why do you think blacks look any more like monkeys than whites? That's your own problem I think.

I always thought Bush did have certain expressions and facial features of a chimp -- but so does Obama. Just like Bush said "I'm the Decider" and Obama constantly boasts "I won", and neither one see a problem with the government spending trillions of dollars it doesn't have, the two seem very very much alike.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:31 PM

4,064 posts, read 5,666,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Right wingers are often inherently racist, just dont expect them to admit this (much less recognize it)

It's why that douchebag who wrote the "cartoon" has so many supporters.
Prejudiced much?

Racism is a form of prejudice. So while you may not be racist, you're obviously prejudiced.

Dooshbag means what?

BTW, I'm not a "right winger". I try not to use labels, you seem to prefer them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies