Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 06:22 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,355,140 times

Advertisements

[quote=redwine;7528224]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

I tell you what. As a white person we are walking on egg shells in this country. We can't criticize, joke or anything at all about a black person. It is always about race and it always will be. As long as their are people out their analyzing EVERYTHING it will never ever go away. And who is to blame for that?
I'm a white person and don't feel at all like I have to "walk on egg shells".

Old 02-19-2009, 06:26 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,534,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The cartoon makes no sense. What does a single chimpanzee have to do with the Congress? What does shooting the chimpanzee have to do with criticism of Congressional passage of a bill? Nothing, that's what.

Nice racist try on your part. But you missed it. By a long shot.

The only people that are racist are the ones that immediately thought it was racist. What...do you all think of chimps when you see black guys?

Old 02-19-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Gotta love it? Only if you are a redneck, brain dead, booger eating Republican, then you gotta love it.

You're the one that immediately thought about the monkey being a black person. Do you always see black people as monkeys?

Funny...you try to call someone a racist by being a racist yourself. "Redneck"...really?

Old 02-19-2009, 06:44 AM

Lets see....its mostly libs that see it as racist. That would lead you to think that the libs equate black people with monkeys. Why do you lefties automatically think black people when you see monkeys?

And I thought the lefties were the artsy type? I look at it as the monkey being the government and the police being the people. The government trying to shove everything down the people's throat. We've had enough.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:45 AM

874 posts, read 2,777,362 times
Wow, their is alot going on in that cartoon and for those that enjoy the imagery, more power to you. For me, I find it in poor taste and I do believe the imagery can be considered racist. The connection there that it appears the artist intended by his "bubble" indirectly references Obama in most people's mind, and I am sure Mr. Sean Delanos knows that. By utilizing that reference and the remaining imagery he appears to be making a statement that I find appalling. But that is me and even if you don't find it in poor taste or racist, I don't quite understand how you cannot see that it can be interpreted as such by many.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Still, no one has said what the police shooting of the monkey "or congress" (for the sake of argument) metaphorically represents.

The monkey (the government) tried to ram the bill through....the people (police) shot it down in the court of public opinion.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:03 AM

53,610 posts, read 35,461,860 times
i'm sure someone pointed it out by now, but it's pretty simple: the author considers the stimulation bill so stupid that it could have been written by a monkey. in light of the fact that there's a woman in critical condition after being attacked by a monkey, it's rather tasteless. but racist? oh, please.

more fake outrage from the usual suspects. some folks just aren't happy unless they're squalling about something.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Right wingers are often inherently racist, just dont expect them to admit this (much less recognize it)

It's why that douchebag who wrote the "cartoon" has so many supporters.

And why someone as ignorant as you immediately associated the monkey with a black person. Sounds like some inner demons on your part. I thought of it as congress/governement as a whole.

You see monkey...you think black people. That tells a whoooooollle lot more about you than anyone else.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:31 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,137,260 times
I thought it was funny.

Of course, the leftists on here don't seem to mind when bush is portrayed as a monkey.

http://freemanpress.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/obama-sock-monkey.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-19-2009, 08:18 AM

1 posts, read 5,409 times
Red face Where were the racial issues when Bush was compaired to a chip?

[url=http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blbushchimpanzee.htm]Bush Chimp Pictures - Funny Pictures of Bush and Chimps[/url]
We are all human and we all put our pants on one leg at a time. Get over the black/white issue and just live in peace. We have enough issues over sea's we need a United front in the United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies