Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:47 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,251,812 times

Advertisements

The sign on the pole appears to read "Beware of the Dog". Hmmm, civil rights protests, dogs, cops. Dead monkey in the street.

Yeah no racism there folks.

Uh huh. MMkay.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:48 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,293,587 times
[quote=redwine;7528224]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post

I tell you what. As a white person we are walking on egg shells in this country. We can't criticize, joke or anything at all about a black person. It is always about race and it always will be. As long as their are people out their analyzing EVERYTHING it will never ever go away. And who is to blame for that?
I KNOW!!! We white people have it so HARD!!!

Old 02-18-2009, 10:52 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,251,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
I tell you what. As a white person we are walking on egg shells in this country. We can't criticize, joke or anything at all about a black person. It is always about race and it always will be. As long as their are people out their analyzing EVERYTHING it will never ever go away. And who is to blame for that?
Easy, the racists who keep giving them reason to analyze in the first place.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:53 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,987,986 times
Black, White or Purple, it was very bad taste. Thats all I will say.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:16 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,607,905 times
LOL haaaa..and the liberals are mad at this...If I remember correctly for the last 8 yrs you LIberal nuts have been hoping and wishing for Pres. Bush to die...Take a joke you clowns.

Cry me a river. Talk about little baby B.S.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 PM

18,145 posts, read 25,353,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
LOL haaaa..and the liberals are mad at this...If I remember correctly for the last 8 yrs you LIberal nuts have been hoping and wishing for Pres. Bush to die...Take a joke you clowns.

Cry me a river. Talk about little baby B.S.
Find a news article that says that
unless you consider internet blogs to be a reliable source of information

Old 02-19-2009, 12:06 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,541,917 times
I'm just amazed that folks in the USA, grown adults, are STUPID enough to not know about the historical and sad stereotype of blacks, especially by the KKK, compared to and being called monkeys.
I'm not buying the "it was congress who wrote the bill" argument, so there's no racism.
Congress wrote the bill alone eh?
If Obama is not elected, the version of this bill is not even written, so it is his bill.
The writer was trying to represent Obama and did it in a racist way (or at least did the same as walking a tightrope, it was close enough).
But again, though, consider the source, the left hating, neocon Newscorp.
You think they would have done this against Keyes, Steele or Thomas?
In addition, they could have used, even the GEICO caveman, or anything else instead of a chimp, or maybe even the Blago fiasco, if they wanted to sickly tie a tragic accident into a news event. But it would not have united their GOP base as much, right?

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 02-19-2009 at 12:17 AM..

Old 02-19-2009, 12:20 AM

7,331 posts, read 15,413,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I'm just amazed that folks in the USA, grown adults, are STUPID enough to not know about the historical and sad stereotype of blacks, especially by the KKK, compared to and being called monkeys.
I'm not buying the "it was congress who wrote the bill" argument, so there's no racism.
Congress wrote the bill alone eh?
If Obama is not elected, the version of this bill is not even written, so it is his bill.
The writer was trying to represent Obama and did it in a racist way (or at least did the same as walking a tightrope, it was close enough).
But again, though, consider the source, the left hating, neocon Newscorp.
You think they would have done this against Keyes, Steele or Thomas?
In addition, they could have used, even the GEICO caveman, or anything else instead of a chimp, or maybe even the Blago fiasco, if they wanted to sickly tie a tragic accident into a news event. But it would not have united their GOP base as much, right?
Do keep in mind that there had been an escaped chimp, shot by police, all over the news in the NYC suburbs days before this cartoon appeared. It wasn't as if the chimp imagery was random.

Just throwing that out there.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:31 AM

799 posts, read 1,447,718 times
I'm looking at the chimp drawing right now. It's stupid but it is not racist. I think some black people and white people are looking for something that isn't there.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:37 AM

922 posts, read 1,911,649 times
If you understand how goverment works you SHOULD know CONGRESS wrote the bill as it is with all the changes and pork thats in it. THEY are a group of idiots, a monkey could do a better job at what was wrote. its not Obamas bill just because he was voted prez. Its his because he signed off on it. its that simple, enough of this white folk indignation BS .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.