Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 07:13 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,344,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
I generally shudder anytime sharpton claims racism, but this time I do think it is somewhat validated. Historically, blacks were compared to apes, and the cop's statement seems to imply the chimp wrote the bill, therefore the chimp = obama. Mathematically:

Obama = black, black = chimp => obama = black = chimp = racism
Obama did not write the bill... The bill was mainly handled by the House under the guidelines of President Pelosi.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:16 PM

26,210 posts, read 19,716,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
If you want to believe that the cartoonist had racist motivation that is your opinion and no one will be able to convince you otherwise. Sharpton has some good moments, and has some really bad ones when he wasn't "dead on accurate" like the Tawana Brawley incident. Living in NY my whole life, I tend to think of him as an ambulance chaser, but that is just my experience of watching Rev Al evolve from an Addidas velour track suit wearing local hustler to a politically connected MSNBC commentator.
A 'race hustler' who had the graciousness to go to dinner with Bill O'Reilly, who, true to form, made incredibly bone headed comments about Harlem when discussing it on his radio show the next day. Some people cant help themselves, no matter how hard they try.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:16 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,888,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Obama did not write the bill... The bill was mainly handled by the House under the guidelines of President Pelosi.
Yes but if Obama is not the chimp please explain the quote I pointed out before?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:17 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,512,303 times
Quote:
This is Obama's stimulus bill. The Pelosi scapegoat spin tactic is very weak. The President is the one that sold this bill to the country.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Yes but if Obama is not the chimp please explain the quote I pointed out before?
What is the quote? And from whom?

Old 02-18-2009, 07:19 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,319,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Al Sharpton is an activist. I know people want to turn away from blatant racist things like this cartoon but old AL wont let you. That's basically why people deamonize him. He makes you see what you want to ignore. If you want AL out of business, stop defending junk like this. The reason cartoons like this are published is because there's both a racist and clueless (as seen on this thread) audience for them.
No, Al is a hustler who is only interested in attention for himself. He has completely failed in his promises to clean up rap music after the Imus fiasco. Once the cameras were off, he went back into his hole. Now he'll try to get another 15 minutes on camera while trying to shake down companies who advertise with the Post. For some under the table cash, he won't protest in front of the company's building.
That has been the guys MO for his "career".

Old 02-18-2009, 07:22 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,888,161 times
Quote:
What is the quote? And from whom?
Its from kootr

Quote:
A lot of Americans do compare Obama to that of a rabid chimp!
https://www.city-data.com/forum/7517423-post10.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ent-obama.html

8,087 posts, read 9,319,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
A 'race hustler' who had the graciousness to go to dinner with Bill O'Reilly, who, true to form, made incredibly bone headed comments about Harlem when discussing it on his radio show the next day. Some people cant help themselves, no matter how hard they try.
I'm not sure what going to dinner with Bill O'Reilly has to do with anything in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
This is Obama's stimulus bill. The Pelosi scapegoat spin tactic is very weak. The President is the one that sold this bill to the country.
I understand what you're saying, but Obama did not "write" the bill, which is what the caption in the cartoon says.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:26 PM

26,210 posts, read 19,716,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
I'm not sure what going to dinner with Bill O'Reilly has to do with anything in this thread.
But you didnt hesitate to inject Al Sharpton into it, did you? Reread the part about "people not being able to help themselves"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies