Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2022, 02:22 PM

40,998 posts, read 18,372,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
There is no shortage of fathers. Unfortunately many of them are dead beat dads.
That women chose to have kids with. Poor choices equal consequences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Ideally, yes, it would be great to have two-parent households, parents who both love their children and each other. However, there are way too many households who have fathers who are there in name only, who either abuse their children, or cause such turmoil because they themselves are unhappy. I used to ask my mom why she didn't leave my dad because they fought all the time. The only times we were happy in our home was when he was at work. Sometimes having fathers at home isn't always for the best.
Or they’re unhappy because their wives make them that way…and let’s not act like the woman didn’t have a choice who to mate/marry. It’s a 2 way street, but funny how only the man is blamed…and many don’t leave because they can’t make it on their own. Again, poor planning on not looking ahead to consequences that can occur, yet there’s sOOO many examples to learn from.

Old 06-17-2022, 02:26 PM

36,953 posts, read 31,221,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What is it about modern society that a man cannot earn enough money to properly support his wife and kids? Have men gotten lazier?

We didn't seem to have this problem many decades ago.
I think its more they don't stick around as well the dollar does not go as far so both parents have to work.
We need to impress upon young people the seriousness of having children and the importance of both parents being all in and working together as a team.

Old 06-17-2022, 02:31 PM

38,759 posts, read 22,555,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Ideally, yes, it would be great to have two-parent households, parents who both love their children and each other. However, there are way too many households who have fathers who are there in name only, who either abuse their children, or cause such turmoil because they themselves are unhappy. I used to ask my mom why she didn't leave my dad because they fought all the time. The only times we were happy in our home was when he was at work. Sometimes having fathers at home isn't always for the best.
And of course their are women who are horrible people, terrible and abusive mothers to their children. Everyone's life experiences are different, but I personally know more marriages where it was the women who destroyed the marriage by committing adultery, by being selfish and spent the family into debt or bankruptcy, and were physically and mentally abusive to their children and husband.

Old 06-17-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And of course their are women who are horrible people, terrible and abusive mothers to their children. Everyone's life experiences are different, but I personally know more marriages where it was the women who destroyed the marriage by committing adultery, by being selfish and spent the family into debt or bankruptcy, and were physically and mentally abusive to their children and husband.
Bingo…it’s hilarious how folks act like it’s a one way street and blame the meanie men for everything, especially when women choose who to mate and/or marry…while so many are so desperate to be married with children and choose poorly.

Old 06-17-2022, 02:42 PM

38,759 posts, read 22,555,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…it’s hilarious how folks act like it’s a one way street and blame the meanie men for everything, especially when women choose who to mate and/or marry…while so many are so desperate to be married with children and choose poorly.
I know so many friends who had a horrible wife. Some of these women seemed like nice people, then out of the blue they cheat on their husband, demand a divorce and then turn into the most devious and mean spirited people you'd ever meet. Granted many of these instances were while I was in the military, but it's not limited to just military wives.

The worst was when a guy was overseas fighting in the war, and his wife sent him a video of her cheating on him. The poor guy blew his brains out with his own service pistol

Old 06-17-2022, 02:42 PM

6,074 posts, read 6,080,498 times
He caught a lot of flack for this, but in retrospect, I think he was on the money on this one.

Nike Air commercial Charles Barkley - I am not a role model

Old 06-17-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I know so many friends who had a horrible wife. Some of these women seemed like nice people, then out of the blue they cheat on their husband, demand a divorce and then turn into the most devious and mean spirited people you'd ever meet. Granted many of these instances were while I was in the military, but it's not limited to just military wives.

The worst was when a guy was overseas fighting in the war, and his wife sent him a video of her cheating on him. The poor guy blew his brains out with his own service pistol
There’s obviously a lot of scorned and angry women who would never believe or admit this was the case. They’ll blame the man no matter what even though it’s an obvious 2 way street. It’s hilarious that when many put themselves in these situations, that they not only cry for divorce, at least 1/2 of everything, child support, etc…, because they can’t make it on their own, and even worse how they do everything they can to keep the father from seeing their children. The divorce numbers don’t lie. Anyone that doesn’t get a pre-nup can expect huge consequences and lawyer fees. My buddy’s a family law attorney and the horror stories we hear are crAAAzy, in addition to folks we know that have gone through a divorce.

Last edited by erieguy; 06-17-2022 at 03:06 PM..

Old 06-17-2022, 02:56 PM

24,229 posts, read 15,297,372 times
My mom was able to take care of 3 kids on a department store clerk's salary 75 years ago. There were things we did not have that other kids had. But we all had dinner together every night. And we had a mom who knew the difference between right and wrong.

Old 06-17-2022, 03:06 PM

23,649 posts, read 14,227,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
He caught a lot of flack for this, but in retrospect, I think he was on the money on this one.

Nike Air commercial Charles Barkley - I am not a role model
Mmmmm, this sort of came up at a psychology conference in the first decade of this century. Not him directly but about how the athletes wear all the gold jewelry and ought to be better role models.

But the thing about using someone you don't know as a role model is that you don't know what does on in their life for them to have the image that one sees. Such as, someone might see me as a great role model in my focus, my alertness, of how nothing depresses me........and not realize at all the loneliness generated to achieve that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies