Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2022, 03:18 AM

24,985 posts, read 9,722,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It's hard for people who don't grow up in that kind of environment to understand what causes people to become this way.

Maybe some people are ill-fated and can't help themselves from behaving in certain ways.
Not really. Boy grows up without a father, is never taught or shown how to become one, then has his own kids and becomes the negligent absent father his own father was.

It’s not rocket science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2022, 03:24 AM

24,985 posts, read 9,722,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
If you generate more revenue and the employer is not increasing your pay, that is theft. Period..
And the employee is free to leave to find an employee that will increase his pay. It’s called a 2 weeks notice.

I’ve quit perfect jobs in perfect locations with perfect leadership, all so I could purse higher paying ones.

Old 06-18-2022, 09:01 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,170,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because no one is there for guidance. No one is there to listen to the kids problem.

So glad to have my role as a mother defined. Apparently, mothers are incapable of listening and guiding, just driving carpool and making sandwiches. Thanks for clearing that up!

Old 06-18-2022, 09:24 AM

1,613 posts, read 894,746 times
I find it incredibly ironic that Juneteenth (June 19th, annually) has been made a Federal holiday (yay, no mail or banks!) and will pretty much always fall over Father's day weekend. This for an ethnic group that compromises 12% of the US population but from which 70% of births are out of wedlock.

I wish irony was a drug I could freebase right about now.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:40 AM

40,998 posts, read 18,372,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
There is no lack of fathers. The are plenty of absent biological fathers not taking co-responsibility for the little human they made with their lover. The story goes: as soon as she says she's pregnant, guy puts pressure on her to get an abortion while he exits stage left.

I know not all men are like that but we all know it is a prevalent problem.Guys if you don't want to have a child get a reversible vasectomy. Anti-abortion lobbyists would not have to protest any more. Vasectomies would tend to eliminate abortion. There are instances of guys with vasectomies getting their partner pregnant but it's rare.

Methods of birth control available for women are not 100% effective. Condoms are the least effective of all of them.

It really is weird that men tell us women it's our fault we got pregnant because we did not keep our knees together or we wore short skirts or we bent over in low rise jeans and our thong showed. Yet, all the while the end goal of a man's pursuit is intercourse, using every tactic they can dream up to persuade us to spread 'em after we have already refused.

Do guys ever say "No"?
Vasectomies are over 99% effective, not 100%.

Tubal ligation is 99 effective…and women choosing to have sex with a man that doesn’t use birth control is asking to get pregnant.

Don’t want to get pregnant, plan accordingly. Blaming men isn’t going to keep from getting pregnant.

It takes 2, so it’s obvious that women aren’t saying no, either.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:47 AM

73,232 posts, read 63,127,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Danial Moynahan told us about 60 years ago. It's only gotten worse.

When you lower standards society suffers.
Black sociologist Dr. E. Franklin Frazier noted that Black families had higher rates of fatherlessness than any other demographic, in the 1930s. The panic button was being pressed over 80 years ago. This is how I see it. For what the rest of society is seeing, Black people have been dealing with this for almost a century. The canary in the coal mine allegory.

Old 06-18-2022, 10:57 AM

25,927 posts, read 16,655,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Black sociologist Dr. E. Franklin Frazier noted that Black families had higher rates of fatherlessness than any other demographic, in the 1930s. The panic button was being pressed over 80 years ago. This is how I see it. For what the rest of society is seeing, Black people have been dealing with this for almost a century. The canary in the coal mine allegory.
Well, we are all dealing with it now since they did such a fantastic job of “dealing with it”

Old 06-18-2022, 10:59 AM

1,213 posts, read 575,105 times
America’s crisis is infestation of liberals.

Old 06-18-2022, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
There is no lack of fathers. The are plenty of absent biological fathers not taking co-responsibility for the little human they made with their lover. The story goes: as soon as she says she's pregnant, guy puts pressure on her to get an abortion while he exits stage left.

I know not all men are like that but we all know it is a prevalent problem.Guys if you don't want to have a child get a reversible vasectomy. Anti-abortion lobbyists would not have to protest any more. Vasectomies would tend to eliminate abortion. There are instances of guys with vasectomies getting their partner pregnant but it's rare.

Methods of birth control available for women are not 100% effective. Condoms are the least effective of all of them.

It really is weird that men tell us women it's our fault we got pregnant because we did not keep our knees together or we wore short skirts or we bent over in low rise jeans and our thong showed. Yet, all the while the end goal of a man's pursuit is intercourse, using every tactic they can dream up to persuade us to spread 'em after we have already refused.

Do guys ever say "No"?
It isn't just the men who are culpable in many cases. While men should be held responsible, women need to be held responsible too. There is a reason why I think withholding sex until marriage is underrated. There is a reason I practice this. It's 100% effective. No sex = no unwanted pregnancies. It isn't just the men having sex. Women are having sex too. We have plenty of promiscuous women who do not say "NO".

There are women out there sleeping with multiple men, just as there are men sleeping with multiple women. Sexually infidelity is almost as high among women as it is among men. With with women sleeping with multiple men, there leaves this issue. You mention absent biological fathers not living up to their responsibilities as fathers. That is just one element of it. There are plenty of women who don't know who the father of their children are (which in some cases can be multiple children with multiple unknown men). How about both women and men keep their legs closed until their married. And with that, how about both men and women exercise some discernment as to who is wife/husband material as well as who would be mother/father material.

Old 06-18-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, we are all dealing with it now since they did such a fantastic job of “dealing with it”
You aren't getting it. By the time anyone thought to take steps to do something about it, it was too late. No one cared as long as it was just in the Black neighborhoods and it stayed there. As long as it was limited to the ghettos, no one cared. When riots started occurring, then people started asking all kinds of questions. The riots were a sign that it was too little too late at that point. Now the crisis has spread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies