Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 09:00 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,250,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grega94 View Post
No matter your stance on the war, it all comes back to the Budapest Memorandum
Reminds me of what George Washington and Alexander Hamilton told the French. Can you guess why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5wCl3aAMEQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2023, 09:07 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,955,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
The concept has been in existence for decades and you've had notable proponents for it with the Carter administration's national security advisor, Zbigniew Brzezinski,.
::Looks at calendar. Ponders the relevancy of 40+ year old political opinions in modern times. Concludes that Russian culture will ultimately fail since it only seems to be able to look backward and not forward::

Old 05-17-2023, 09:11 PM

8,193 posts, read 3,749,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Paranoid delusions fitting of Vladimir himself.

Das vidanya.
"Das"? Is this German?

Old 05-17-2023, 09:16 PM

26,873 posts, read 22,739,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
The most powerful night attack of the Russian Aerospace Forces

Which hasn't ended yet.

It all started in the evening, when the Russian Aerospace Forces literally hit the south of Ukraine, where one of the most important logistics centers is located near the Odessa region, which receives NATO cargo from Romania.

More than ten arrivals were noted at the alleged places of storage and reloading of BC, as well as accumulations of equipment transferred to the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

Then there was a blow to the Nikolaev region and along the line of contact, where front-line aviation struck at the enemy’s near rear (from Kharkov to Kherson), hitting the identified places of accumulation of his reserves. As a result, numerous arrivals were also noted.

And, finally, in the morning (at about 4.00 Moscow time) strikes with "Caliber" (and possibly "Daggers") went from Poltava to Ternopil. Again there was a blow to the Khmelnytsky region, the center of Ukraine, and right now work is underway on Kyiv (there are already arrivals). Probably, ours today will try to inflict another defeat on the Kyiv air defense region.

It is possible that this is not all. But even if nothing else happens, this is perhaps the most massive (in terms of scale) attack by the Russian Aerospace Forces, except for the first days of the NWO.

https://t.me/yurasumy/8745

Huh, they've hit Khmelnitsky, AGAIN?

I saw the reports today that people are panicking there already as it is, after that recent explosion, including the depleted uranium ammo.

I've read something like this -

"Dosimetric patrols work in the city. Measurements of the radiation background are carried out "in uncharacteristic places." If earlier they were made in the Khmelnytsky NPP location area (Neteshyn and its environs), now they are made in the regional center, in the west of the region and in Ternopil. After arriving at the military warehouse, the wind was blowing in a westerly direction. The authorities are silent about the work of patrols.

"My friends from Ukraine reported that the Western Ukrainians are panicking. They collect belongings and move away from Khmelnitsky, and from Lviv and Ternopil. From everywhere where there are Ukrainian military units, warehouses, repair shops. Locals whisper that the depleted warehouse in Khmelnitsky was filled to the brim with depleted uranium shells. And this is confirmed by my sources,” writes political scientist Yury Kot.

After the explosion, an increase in gamma radiation was recorded in the city. The release continues to grow. Given that depleted uranium emits a relatively small dose of gamma radiation, the current surge indicates the destruction of a very large stockpile of munitions, which sent uranium dust into the air."

But I can't get any confirmation or disproval of this info - no pictures, no images so far - nothing.

Ukrainian propaganda machine now tightly controls what the world out there is allowed to see and what not.

Yesterday they've already arrested six bloggers, that put out the videos from Kiev, showing Patriot(?) being hit. ( Six of them are facing up to eight years in prison now for that.)
So apparently the only pictures/videos that are allowed to circulate on the "world wide web" is the kind DavidT is posting here.

And Deny's videos of course.

Old 05-17-2023, 10:29 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,250,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
::Looks at calendar. Ponders the relevancy of 40+ year old political opinions in modern times. Concludes that Russian culture will ultimately fail since it only seems to be able to look backward and not forward::
The Grand Chessboard was written in 1997. It essentially outlines American strategy to defeat the Russians and execute the Wolfowitz Doctrine. The Grand Chessboard came out a few years after George Soros gave a similar though far more limited analysis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grand_Chessboard

https://www.georgesoros.com/1993/11/...uture-of-nato/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfowitz_Doctrine

Brzezinski sat on the Council on Foreign Relations until 2017. He continued to make lectures and foreign-policy recommendations until his death that year.

I'm sorry you've never heard of Brzezinski. Maybe you should go educate yourself before making snarky comments.

Here's a video from 2015. Will probably look familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKwECyX7Uf8

Old 05-17-2023, 11:38 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,457,081 times
Looks like the patriot defense systems still working in Kyiv. Which isn't a big surprise. Its truly a good air defense system. During the gulf war it had a 70-80% success rate....despite a software bug that caused them to be off by 600 meters at 100 hours in.

really if they want to completely take one out they will need to overwhelm it with more incoming missiles then it can fire at. And it looks like they dont have the launch platforms to do it, or are unwilling to go big. If I recall for a US system that's 8 launching vehicles, for 32 missiles loaded. plus whatever else the local systems take down. Ironically these are cheaper then the supersonic missiles they can take down.

Were still a bit from the counter offensive starting. They've got over 100 Bradleys, and theres literally one video of a blurry vehicle that might be a Bradley showing up in combat footage, no leopards,in combat yet etc etc. Which tells me that all the Russian losses so far are from shaping operations or recon in force.

We ARE seeing unannounced US weapons show up like the advanced EW drone that mimics a aircraft. and some odd things have been going on. For example the training of Ukraine pilots by the us had funds approved last year, but any mention of them being trained has not shown up. Which....is odd. And then yesterday Russia lost 4-5 aircraft inside their border. 2 EW helicopters, and 2 combat aircraft. Video of the incidents show at least one missile thats too long to be a MANPAD. This means either Russia hit it with their own air defense.....IE IFF failed on all 4 aircraft, was made to fail, or was ignored. Or Ukraine hit all 4 with either a surface to air, or air-air missiles.

Russia is currently still taking ground in Bahkmut. While losing ground in the areas around it. If I was a Russian going further into Bahkmut Id feel a little uneasy due to that.

I noticed a lot of countries are suddenly donating a LOT of ammo and surging it. Germany especially. And long range missiles are being given that puts every last Russian ammo depot to be in range.

So here is my guess, 1 in 30 I get it completely accurately-but its all a guess without the info the folks involved have. Russia is going to start to try and target ammo transfer locations, and ammo dumps when they can find them. Which is challenging for them. Meanwhile Ukraine is going to have a couple days where they obliterate the largest ammo dumps that until now they could not reach.

Once we see that, we can expect Ukraine to make their push. Most folks commenting on this seem to think they will separate Crimea and a bit north of it in half cutting the supplies for all of that area to whatever they can bring in via the bridge....which I am sure they will remove. Then hit any shipping that tries. Most people say this because it makes strategic sense, and I 100% agree. Maybe we will get surprised, but it seems like the best choice. Then push on the bisected areas drawing in equipment and ammo until they run out in probably less then a week. AT that point its surrender time in mass. Or a brutal defense that wastes Russian lives for virtually nothing but increased PTSD for Ukrainian soldiers over the number of people they killed.

Last edited by greywar; 05-17-2023 at 11:56 PM..

Old 05-17-2023, 11:50 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,636,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ironically these are cheaper then the supersonic missiles they can take down
Really expensive and really slow to produce, especially for a 2nd rate economy like Russia.

Let Putin continue pissing away his military hardware accomplishing nothing, at least they were tying to hit a military target this time instead of wasting tens of millions of dollars to turn the lights out for 48 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
We ARE seeing unannounced US weapons show up
Indeed. HARM came out of nowhere a few months ago, and now supposedly Ukraine has MALD. I'm curious if they were given MALD-J, which could potentially wreak RF havoc ahead of a big strike against something like, say, a really important bridge?

Old 05-18-2023, 05:52 AM

3,267 posts, read 1,637,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
[…]

After the explosion, an increase in gamma radiation was recorded in the city. The release continues to grow. Given that depleted uranium emits a relatively small dose of gamma radiation, the current surge indicates the destruction of a very large stockpile of munitions, which sent uranium dust into the air."

But I can't get any confirmation or disproval of this info - no pictures, no images so far - nothing.

Ukrainian propaganda machine now tightly controls what the world out there is allowed to see and what not.

[…]
Anybody worried about radiation in Ukraine can check for themselves here:

https://remap.jrc.ec.europa.eu/Advanced.aspx

You would be exposed to at least 10x more radiation from taking a commercial airline flight.

Old 05-18-2023, 07:29 AM
bu2

24,170 posts, read 15,032,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
"Das"? Is this German?
Sue me! I haven’t practiced in years since I moved.

Old 05-18-2023, 07:41 AM

19,208 posts, read 27,844,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Huh, they've hit Khmelnitsky, AGAIN?

And Deny's videos of course.

That was translation from a very reputable military reporter on Telegram. If he says they hit Khmelnitsk - they did it.

Forget Ukrainian propaganda machine. Ukrainian Security Service started country wide manhubnt on anyone, who leaks videos of missile strikes by RAF. That happened after Patrior went down.It's actually illegal in Ukraine to take and post such videos.

"deny" videos? I am denying them just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies