Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 209 40.04%
No 263 50.38%
Unsure 50 9.58%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 10:09 AM

5,125 posts, read 2,809,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Crickets from the usual pro-Russian crowd. They either approve of this or are embarrassed. It's a lot harder to actually face reality instead of typing 'Ukraine Bad, Russia Good' all the time, isn't it?
Wrong "reality". That's why you are not getting responses. Get your facts straight first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2023, 10:14 AM
exm

3,757 posts, read 1,823,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Tough for some to understand that being anti war pro peace is not the same as being pro Russia or pro Putin. Thick heads around gobbling up all the bs on TV.

Do you support Zelensky sending his citizens to their death?

I am anti-war, but it's Russia that started the war - not Ukraine. The only way to stop the war is for Russia to retreat at least to the pre-2022 borders. Or you think the anti-war solution for Ukraine is agree to a cease-fire, lose 20% of their country and wait for Russia to invade again in a few years? What's your long-term solution?

Ukraine/Zelensky is defending itself against an invasion. Citizens are signing up voluntarily to serve in the army, compared to being mobilized and send to death by Russia.

Old 02-15-2023, 10:53 AM

26,970 posts, read 22,919,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
I asked you to post some of your evidence about this in the past and you never did. Care to show how it can be proved in international courts?

I never saw you asking me for anything in this respect, because obviously I posted the material that explains it all ( not to mention the video the DavidT posted here, glorifying those crimes.)
But if you need to, I can repost what I was referring to earlier, when it comes to the evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjQKwhjWLOI

Old 02-15-2023, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
Here is the head of the state propaganda channel telling you what they want.

They will take all they can get…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvhHL5Cn3N8

Jesus, I couldn't go even through the half of it - I was ready to puke from Kremlin's propaganda.

Luckily a lot of Russians can cut through these lies by now ( particularly in the military,) and this is one of the reasons I do not exclude the possibility that there might be change of Russian government as the result of this war.

As they are saying ( those on the ground) - "Army can't fight successfully without clear understanding of the goals of this operation," all while Kremlin's spin doctors are trying to change the goal posts every month, in order to look victorious no matter what.

Old 02-15-2023, 11:09 AM

5,213 posts, read 4,713,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Betting you are from the same country as me. Don't you think it is hypocritical that people are so upset Russia is doing this now while the US has been and continues to do the same bs all over the World. If we can't agree on the fact Ukraine has been killing citizens in the Donbass since 2014 then we got nothin to talk about.

This all needs to stop. Sit down with Russia and see what the hell they want would be a start. That would be Russia and Ukraine not the US.
Iraq and Afghanistan could have also sat down with the US to see what we wanted and ended those wars faster. They didn't. So why should Ukraine?

Old 02-15-2023, 11:15 AM

3,014 posts, read 3,576,033 times
Quote:
I am anti-war, but it's Russia that started the war - not Ukraine. The only way to stop the war is for Russia to retreat at least to the pre-2022 borders. Or you think the anti-war solution for Ukraine is agree to a cease-fire, lose 20% of their country and wait for Russia to invade again in a few years? What's your long-term solution?

Ukraine/Zelensky is defending itself against an invasion. Citizens are signing up voluntarily to serve in the army, compared to being mobilized and send to death by Russia.
I agree, but how much money does the USA need to give Ukraine? I've heard that their troops are retreating and perhaps they are leaving American weapons behind for the Russians to seize and reverse engineer. I want Ukraine to expel the Russians, but how much money to we need to give them?

Old 02-15-2023, 11:24 AM

Quote:

And why is it, I hear crickets every time this video is posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9hOl8TuBUM&t=6s

And why is it I hear crickets every time Colonel Macgregor is talking, one of the most competent people out there?

Old 02-15-2023, 11:30 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,068,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
And why is it, I hear crickets every time this video is posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9hOl8TuBUM&t=6s

And why is it I hear crickets every time Colonel Macgregor is talking, one of the most competent people out there?
Two things, first, that video doesnt prove anything. It is one guy talking. I dont speak the language so maybe what the subtitles are saying is correct, maybe its not. Id have to take the video at its word.

Second thing, if we take it at face value, how does that change the fact that Russia invaded Ukraine?

Old 02-15-2023, 11:43 AM

5,016 posts, read 2,786,794 times
Col. MacGregor and Scott Ritter should both be tried for treason..

Old 02-15-2023, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
Col. MacGregor and Scott Ritter should both be tried for treason..

Treason for what exactly?

For having their own opinions on the matters, that don't correspond to the official propaganda, to official punchlines?

Who else is out there that "need to be tried for treason"?
Tucker Carlson? Nicky Haley?

Be my guest, don't be shy.

You'd make a good Soviet citizen thirty years ago - the kind they like over there in Kremlin. (Still do.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies