Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2023, 12:27 PM

26,880 posts, read 22,748,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
Competing warlords is the future for Russia. How many PMC’s are there now? Shoigu is playing both sides with his own PMC (also could mean double kickbacks for him).

Of course not.

Sorry if you still didn't understand it, but this conflict is all about politics in Russia, not military.

When Shoigy organized his own PMC ( trying to follow Prigozhin's "formula," and recruiting the prisoners himself, while cutting the access to Prigozhin,) the people from this newly-organized unit were treated like dirt ( I knew right away who they were, when their pleas were used in yet another Ukrainian propaganda video, posted here by DavidT. They were passed there for the regular Russian soldiers.)

It's all about the political threat to Putin's men in Kremlin, coming from Prigozhin, who is supported by the most active part of the Russian population in this war.

And like Dugins, this writer targeted during this latest terrorist attack belonged to these circles, as Fomin before him.

So no, it's not about the "warlords," it's all about the internal Russian politics.

Last edited by erasure; 05-06-2023 at 12:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2023, 01:00 PM

3,268 posts, read 1,638,545 times
To answer my own question, here is a report documenting 37 PMCs in Russia, with 11 created since Feb 2022.

https://www.molfar.global/en-blog/ca...f-russian-pmcs

Looks like Shoigu’s PMC called Patriot has been around since at least 2018.

Old 05-06-2023, 01:19 PM

19,211 posts, read 27,849,425 times
Quote:
Competing warlords is the future for Russia. How many PMC’s are there now? Shoigu is playing both sides with his own PMC (also could mean double kickbacks for him).

You know nothing about Russia.

Russia does well ONLY with a tsar. They like that type of power and crave it. There could be a brief moment of skirmishes between some fellas but, ultimately, Russia needs a MAN in the High Castle. Russia is very religious and believes in one god and tsar is his avatar. That's why they loved Stalin so much. Man in the High Castle.

More likely, Wagner and Kadyrov worriors will be new oprichniki. I strongly, very strongly recommend to read up on them. Symbolically, they road horses with dog head and sweep attached to saddle, to show, that they sweep the country off "nechist'", evil, and haunt them down, like dogs. A fella by the name Maliuta Skuratov starts looking like channeling through Prigozhyn.

Anyway. What actually happened to all Chechen warriors that went there a year ago? Not a word on them on both sides.

Old 05-06-2023, 01:24 PM

19,211 posts, read 27,849,425 times
Act in Nizhniy Novgorrod. Zakhar Prilepin, famous Russian writer, by a hair breadth escaped certain death, when his SUV was blown up. Contradictory data on his condition, hospitalized. His daughter stepped out of the vehicle a moment before explosion and saved her life.
Suspect is already apprehended Hired hand from Donetsk with specific task to kill Prilepin.
That's third Russian public figure.

Old 05-06-2023, 02:04 PM

Quote:
To answer my own question, here is a report documenting 37 PMCs in Russia, with 11 created since Feb 2022.

https://www.molfar.global/en-blog/ca...f-russian-pmcs

Looks like Shoigu’s PMC called Patriot has been around since at least 2018.
Do you see UA ( Ukraine) on that site you gave link to?

That's who/what "Molfar" is.

With that being said, what I can see right away is that "Rusich" for example (the one you see on the bottom) is actually a part of "Wagner".
"Tavrida" - ( in the same section on the bottom) - that's one of the cossack's battalions.

I can learn about their background here in this Youtube video for example. ( It looks like this is a volunteer brigade specifically from Crimea.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mz1Mg1WxFQ

But I've heard about these ones before.

Now I randomly checked on "Tzar's wolves" for example - and it turned out to be a group of some "military counselors" created by D Rogozin ( so someone closely tied to Kremlin.) Therefore - it's not what would be considered a real "PMC" by the Western standards.

I t looks like all these "PMCs" on Ukrainian list are either the volunteer brigades with fancy names from different regions, or relatively small organizations providing the security service for business.

All of them operate under the umbrella of the MoD - that's what it looks like, and therefore have one and the same master/owner.

So yet again you are buying the Ukrainian propaganda, that passes things for what they are not.

Wagner is the only more or less independent and competitive entity VS MoD.

However while I looked into it further, I have to agree with this wikipedia article in Russian ( which Ukrainians edited and reedited to their liking - Russians apparently don't care.)
So what it says here -

"The use of irregular Russian forces by Russia during the invasion of Ukraine has actually become a form of covert mobilization."

So what you have then here, is a bunch of volunteer units sort of like different men's clubs ( that's where all these fancy names/ideas come from,) under the broader umbrella of the MoD, and there are quite a few of them.

Therefore what it looks to me more and more now, is that the regular Russian troops are actually represented in a much smaller numbers in this war, than I originally thought.

Last edited by erasure; 05-06-2023 at 02:32 PM..

Old 05-06-2023, 02:27 PM

5,120 posts, read 2,788,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh wait...

More news are coming...
Now it looks like Kadyrov ( who agreed to move his troops to Bakhmut) is acting like Kremlin's stooge, he is trying to put down Prigozhin and offers his men to join Chechen "Akhmat" unit, promising them "better conditions and better deal."
If all is true, it will be the ultimate test to figure out what's REALLY going on there.
This will be the ultimate test.
Should be interesting to see what happens.

Old 05-06-2023, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post

Yes I am watching closely what's developing in this situation.

Old 05-06-2023, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Just to give you an idea of what I see on Russian military channels now;

Prigozhin; "Shoigu, %^&%$, where is the ammunition?"

( Inscription below; "Our people are so mean. They come up with such atrocities. Obviously, we condemn them. ( Tongue in a cheek.) "
https://t.me/russkiegramoty/21013

"Everyone is talking how dangerous it is to be in Russian opposition. Have you tried to be a patriot in Russia?"

https://t.me/russkiegramoty/21010

"I understand that Kadyrov and Prigozhin were friends. They were. Until today that is. Because this interview with Kadyrov can hardly be called "giving a hand to a friend in a difficult moment."
On my behalf I will say that the one who seems to be weak now, will not be always weak. And the decision that seems obvious today is not always a right decision."

https://t.me/olegtsarov/6257

So yes I keep on watching, particularly in the light of this latest terrorist attack, where Ukrainians are targeting very specific people that are not so close to MoD, ( and thus are less protected,) but belong to the same group that support "Wagner."

It's all interconnected I think.

Old 05-06-2023, 04:24 PM

25,741 posts, read 17,500,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
............Anyway. What actually happened to all Chechen warriors that went there a year ago? Not a word on them on both sides.
They originally assumed Russia would prevail, putting Chechnya in Putin's good graces and Chechens on the winning side.
Then they realized Russia may not win.
Then they realized that a Russian loss could actually mean a federation fall-apart which could mean an independent Chechnya - something they have wanted since Peter The Great ended the independence Chechens in that era were born with. And it may happen!
So they wait.

Old 05-06-2023, 04:25 PM

4,976 posts, read 2,749,024 times
Quote:
"Partisans" are already caught and they are already talking.

( That's before someone else will say again that it's the "false flag operation" as in case of Dugina's assassination, Fomin's and that latest drone flying into Kremlin.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
CRDEDIBLE link, or it's just another Russian lie...
Quote:
You mean from the MSNBC or what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
no, not necessarily..Reuters or Al Jazeera will do, or maybe Forbes or Business Insider..
I stand corrected..this is from Reuters..

Quote:
The committee later issued a statement saying investigators were questioning a suspect identified as Alexander Permyakov.

"The suspect was detained and, in the course of questioning, he provided testimony that he acted on the instructions of the Ukrainian special services," said the statement, read by a woman in uniform.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe...ss-2023-05-06/

but of course who knows what's true what isn't?..none of us I suppose..now back to your regularly scheduled programming..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies