Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 209 40.04%
No 263 50.38%
Unsure 50 9.58%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 01:00 PM

4,658 posts, read 3,881,185 times

Advertisements

^
That’s why the only logical thing for the sake of the planet to do is for Russia to just leave Ukraine. But Putin/Russia is dumb, and thinks they can take the Ukrainian land by force or “wait it out” until the US and Europe gets tired. This is why Russia Will go bankrupt and the next on the world stage will be China.

Putin has no other plan except to wait this out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 01:02 PM

51,806 posts, read 26,130,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Putin is hiding in a deep bunker and will not attend the victory parade in person. His speech will be delivered on TV. Either or both of these apply.

1. He is afraid of being killed.

2. The war has been a failure and he has no victory speech to deliver.
Be interesting to see what the victory parades will be like tomorrow. I've read that there weren't enough weapons to haul about so some of the parades have been shortened considerably.

If I were Putin, I wouldn't go out in public either.

Old 05-08-2023, 01:34 PM

26,970 posts, read 22,919,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Be interesting to see what the victory parades will be like tomorrow. I've read that there weren't enough weapons to haul about so some of the parades have been shortened considerably.

If I were Putin, I wouldn't go out in public either.

At least there WILL be victory parade in Moscow.

In Ukraine Zelensky is trying to cancel out the 9th of May all together as much as he can ( this year people are already discouraged to bring flowers to the war monuments ( do they even have such monuments left? I have no idea at this point.)
It's a "cancel culture" in its own right.

They don't want to celebrate the 9th of May any longer (victory day of the Soviet Union,) even though about 5 million Ukrainians lost their lives then. They want to celebrate their Christmas on 25th of December now ( as the "Westerners" do,) they want to pretend that their history has nothing to do with Russia ( including church,) they pretend that their language has little to do with Russian.

With other words, they try to pretend to be what they are not, as much as possible lately.

I don't think that this fiction is going to last though.

Old 05-08-2023, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
^
That’s why the only logical thing for the sake of the planet to do is for Russia to just leave Ukraine. But Putin/Russia is dumb, and thinks they can take the Ukrainian land by force or “wait it out” until the US and Europe gets tired. This is why Russia Will go bankrupt and the next on the world stage will be China.

Putin has no other plan except to wait this out.

"Logical" to who?

Definitely not to Russians, that see things their own way. So not "logical" from where they stand.

And I have to side with them here - the West is in the wrong in this war, Russia is in the right, as much as Putin messed things up, bringing them to this devastating stage for civilians.

( And don't bother to explain to me that "Russia is aggressor" here. Anyone who cared to look into the origin of this war already knows what triggered it. "Cancel culture" won't work here any longer ( i.e. the omitting of certain facts.)

Old 05-08-2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Magic, pure magic.
The very moment EVP made hsi statement that it's all kosher now and they will stay, Wagner instantly stepped up with attacks on what's left in Bakhmut. Magically, supplies appeared out of nowhere. Darn Comedy Central.

Just in case, you will start seeing Ukrainian lamenting that Russian/Wagner military killed civilians, trying to escape bldg # 69 on Yubileynaya Str in Bakhmut, it's planned provocation. Wagners published staement from one of its organizers, who had unfortunate confusion on who's where in Bakhmut and ended in Wagner hands.

Also, cruel as it is, they confirmed - no POWs taken.

It's "Comedy Central" only when you listen to anyone, any media outlet out there, instead of listening to Prigozhin himself.

If you still didn't see his bulleted list, where he goes point by point of what went wrong, here he is reiterating these point all over again, including the additional explanations of the shells shortage, and why he might have some additional supply for the last attack ( it's explained/mentioned in this video by the host, who most likely is siding with Prigozhin, as many pro-Russian Eastern Ukrainians do.)

So listen closely from 2:35 to 3:39 what he has to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWTxz_g_4w

This is VERY political indeed, and Prigozhin is pointing directly at Shoigu and his family yet again.

Shoigy is no doubt Putin's man.
So Wagner might leave Bakhmut on the 10th of May after all.

Old 05-08-2023, 02:01 PM

37,955 posts, read 18,010,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It's "Comedy Central" only when you listen to anyone, any media outlet out there, instead of listening to Prigozhin himself.

If you still didn't see his bulleted list, where he goes point by point of what went wrong, here he is reiterating these point all over again, including the additional explanations of the shells shortage, and why he might have some additional supply for the last attack ( it's explained/mentioned in this video by the host, who most likely is siding with Prigozhin, as many pro-Russian Eastern Ukrainians do.)

So listen closely from 2:35 to 3:39 what he has to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWTxz_g_4w

This is VERY political indeed, and Prigozhin is pointing directly at Shoigu and his family yet again.

Shoigy is no doubt Putin's man.
So Wagner might leave Bakhmut on the 10th of May after all.
Listen closely? lol This is (Team) America, we communicate in English here.

Old 05-08-2023, 02:03 PM

37,955 posts, read 18,010,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
"Logical" to who?

Definitely not to Russians, that see things their own way. So not "logical" from where they stand.

And I have to side with them here - the West is in the wrong in this war, Russia is in the right, as much as Putin messed things up, bringing them to this devastating stage for civilians.

( And don't bother to explain to me that "Russia is aggressor" here. Anyone who cared to look into the origin of this war already knows what triggered it. "Cancel culture" won't work here any longer ( i.e. the omitting of certain facts.)
2014 The puppet installed as president, when America helped in the coup, starting bombing their own citizens in Donbas.

Old 05-08-2023, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Oh I'm sorry - I addressed this post specifically to Ukrkoz, assuming ( or rather knowing) that he speaks Russian.

But you are right, I need to translate what Prigozhin is talking about (including what the host has to say in his comments here.)

So I will, give me some time.

Last edited by erasure; 05-08-2023 at 02:18 PM..

Old 05-08-2023, 02:08 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,809,568 times
Quote:
And other languages as required. There are Americans here who do know other languages. And people from other counties do post here as well. People are free to post anything here within the rules of City-Data.

Old 05-08-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote:
2014 The puppet installed as president, when America helped in the coup, starting bombing their own citizens in Donbas.

Yes to all of it.

So it's too late now - clutching pearls and wringing hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies