Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 04:12 PM

26,873 posts, read 22,739,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Bakhmut on fire: Russia uses phosphorus bombs en masse

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/05/5/7400917/

Article includes video of fire

Quote:
Quote: "The enemy used phosphorous and incendiary ammunition in Bakhmut, trying to wipe the city off the face of the Earth.
No it did not, since the city is like 90% under Wagner's control.

Do you think they use this ammunition while their own soldiers are in town?

So this must be happening in the last two city districts, that are still under control of Ukrainian army.

( As I've said - you can't trust a single source of information, that has "Ukraine" ( UA) in it.

This article you quoted is from some "Ukrainian Pravda" - so from Ukrainian sites.)

P.S. I watched the video - it all looks familiar with what I saw in Donetsk before, instigated by Ukrainian army.

Only no one was screaming then, that they were "trying to wipe the city off the face of the Earth."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2023, 04:18 PM

4,641 posts, read 3,839,956 times
Russia is getting very nervous! They are trying different tactics and probably making a story in case something doesn't work out during this offensive. Russia has moved a lot of ships from the Black sea to safety. Prigozhyn keeps staying he will pull back troops on May 10, right when talks of an offensive are happening? It's probably a trick to try to catch Ukraine off guard.

It's happening looks like! They are anxious about the counter offensive and trying to confuse with all this Prigozhyn talk and movement of forces.

Old 05-05-2023, 04:21 PM

Now I see the petition is started ( addressed personally to Putin) to look into this situation, described by Prigozhin.

Old 05-05-2023, 04:41 PM

25,730 posts, read 17,496,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
Russia is getting very nervous! They are trying different tactics and probably making a story in case something doesn't work out during this offensive. Russia has moved a lot of ships from the Black sea to safety. Prigozhyn keeps staying he will pull back troops on May 10, right when talks of an offensive are happening? It's probably a trick to try to catch Ukraine off guard.

It's happening looks like! They are anxious about the counter offensive and trying to confuse with all this Prigozhyn talk and movement of forces.
Russia's Black Sea fleet is irreplaceable. Turkey won't let more warships in and once a Russian vessel is sunk, well.....
Without the fleet Crimea would be much more vulnerable. I don't know how Ukraine could possibly pull it off, but the major ships in that fleet should be sunk.

Old 05-05-2023, 05:36 PM

4,967 posts, read 2,747,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No it did not, since the city is like 90% under Wagner's control.

Do you think they use this ammunition while their own soldiers are in town?

So this must be happening in the last two city districts, that are still under control of Ukrainian army.

( As I've said - you can't trust a single source of information, that has "Ukraine" ( UA) in it.

This article you quoted is from some "Ukrainian Pravda" - so from Ukrainian sites.)

P.S. I watched the video - it all looks familiar with what I saw in Donetsk before, instigated by Ukrainian army.

Only no one was screaming then, that they were "trying to wipe the city off the face of the Earth."
twitter is lit up with pics and videos of Bakhmut on fire with exactly such weapons of white phosphorous and incendiary device..so you're wrong again..

Old 05-05-2023, 05:59 PM

19,208 posts, read 27,844,200 times
Bakhmut burning
Last two city blocks, still under the AFU control, hit but _no artillery shells" Wagner artillery:

https://t.me/wagnernew/7547

This is absolutely legit, from Wagner itself.
Personally, I find this inhumane but incendiary munition is used by pretty much any half way military army and is not one of them restricted weapons, like doom-doom bullets.

Don't have munition.. right, my ....

Old 05-05-2023, 06:01 PM

19,208 posts, read 27,844,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Russia's Black Sea fleet is irreplaceable. Turkey won't let more warships in and once a Russian vessel is sunk, well.....
Without the fleet Crimea would be much more vulnerable. I don't know how Ukraine could possibly pull it off, but the major ships in that fleet should be sunk.

You talked to Erdogan? Just don't forget, he changes his alliances faster than media manages to report them.

Old 05-05-2023, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
twitter is lit up with pics and videos of Bakhmut on fire with exactly such weapons of white phosphorous and incendiary device..so you're wrong again..

Well may be you should quit watching the Ukrainian-produced fakes, and look at the real video, that will clearly prove that this "white phosphorous device" go over only last couple of Bakhmut districts, occupied by Ukrainian forces.

https://t.me/wagnernew/7547

Do you think I don't check on things before I post?

I usually do.

Old 05-05-2023, 06:18 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,762,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northrick View Post
They were a mix of prisoners and mercenaries. The prisoners, not being solders, are mostly dead. The mercenaries are not getting paid what they expected so they are going to move on to more lucrative battlefields.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
*Sigh.*
Where are you getting all these "news" from?
Because going to the original source - i.e. what Prigozhin said in his video, "Wagner" is NOT moving on to more lucrative battlefields."
They are moving to their campgrounds, "until the Russian people will need our help again" - that's what he said.

I didn't get my news from anywhere. I just made it up like everybody does on Politics and Other Controversies.

The Wagner group are mercenaries. They fight for one reason and only one reason - money. They ain't there to reunite Ukraine with the Motherland. They ain't there to die for Putin's cause. Be it the money they expect or ammo they need to stay alive, if they aren't getting enough they are going to leave.

Maybe stating they are withdrawing is a con to make Ukraine think they will have an easier time retaking Bakhmut and they aren't really withdrawing. But, I'd have to think the Ukrainians aren't that stupid.

If you want to believe that they are all going on a camping trip, well I can't change that.

Old 05-05-2023, 06:20 PM

4,967 posts, read 2,747,822 times
Denys update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGUVYI0adTQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies