Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 209 40.04%
No 263 50.38%
Unsure 50 9.58%
Voters: 522. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 12:28 PM

47,138 posts, read 26,296,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
The utter incompetence of the Russian war effort has certainly stunned many senior British military officers who earned their spurs during the Soviet era, and came to regard the Russians as a formidable adversary. As one former Army chief observed to me recently, “They have failed miserably at every conceivable level.”
Having done my soldiering during the cold war era, I have certainly been thinking along the same lines - although I was never anything but a lowly-non-com who'd occasionally take a platoon in hand, not more.

On the small-unit level, they seem to be - not great, not terrible. OK, so there was some idiotic maneuvering around minefields. I've long held the opinion that the best way for an infantryman to kill a tank is to put down a mine and have the tank run over it - preferable at some miles' distance. I was surprised to see that Russian tank crews embraced that way of thinking, though.

On the larger scale, they seem to do really poorly. All war has logistics issues, but the Russians seem to be unable to supply much beyond 50 miles from a railhead. We were steeling ourselves for a trust several hundred miles deep through the Fulda Gap, but... Of course, at the time, they had a good part of Eastern Europe on their side. I guess it's becoming clear who were the brains in that alliance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2023, 12:29 PM

19,276 posts, read 27,986,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken_N View Post
I wonder what happened to the supposed giant ammo stockpile Wagner found deep inside the salt mines?
It's still there. You want to trade?

Old 05-05-2023, 12:40 PM

47,138 posts, read 26,296,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Then, ex Warsaw Pact states, that still remember well USSR welfare, will line up to side with Russia...
I'm sure the East Germans fondly recall the Trabants they got to drive while their West German counterparts had to make do with Volkswagens and Audis. Ah, for those glorious days under Moscow's enlightened leadership.

"USSR welfare..." - Moscow was a parasite feeding on East Europe, and they have it in living memory.

Old 05-05-2023, 12:49 PM

26,970 posts, read 22,919,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
So believe the MSM when it agrees with what you are saying.

Yes that too.

Only when it starts presenting BOTH sides of the story.

Old 05-05-2023, 12:53 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,068,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes that too.

Only when it starts presenting BOTH sides of the story.
So you admit that you only believe news stories from sources that you agree with. Interesting.

Which ones are not showing both sides? Take Wagner for isntance. Plenty of sources, and a video that is suppose to be from Wagner shows that they are pulling out. Is that showing both sides?

Old 05-05-2023, 12:57 PM

Quote:
So you admit that you only believe news stories from sources that you agree with. Interesting.

Which ones are not showing both sides? Take Wagner for isntance. Plenty of sources, and a video that is suppose to be from Wagner shows that they are pulling out. Is that showing both sides?

This video shows Wagner's side of the story.
Not more and not less.

Old 05-05-2023, 12:58 PM

Quote:
This video shows Wagner's side of the story.
Not more and not less.
Yes, and that is the side of the story. Its just a video about Wagner. That is it. There arent always two sides.

Old 05-05-2023, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Yes, and that is the side of the story. Its just a video about Wagner. That is it. There arent always two sides.

I am not sure what video you are talking about, but if it's the one I saw today - no, it's not "just a video about Wagner," it can be an event of a turning point in history.

But you wouldn't know that, unless, as I said, the Western media would be doing its job properly, instead of being engaged into propaganda.

Old 05-05-2023, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I am not sure what video you are talking about, but if it's the one I saw today - no, it's not "just a video about Wagner," it can be an event of a turning point in history.

But you wouldn't know that, unless, as I said, the Western media would be doing its job properly, instead of being engaged into propaganda.
It is a video about Wagner from Wagner. And yes, it is a turning point in the war. I agree. What else would that single video show?

Old 05-05-2023, 01:18 PM

Quote:
It is a video about Wagner from Wagner. And yes, it is a turning point in the war. I agree. What else would that single video show?

Can you give me a link pls?

I want to make sure that we are on the same page, because there were couple of them out there lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies