Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 202 39.61%
No 259 50.78%
Unsure 49 9.61%
Voters: 510. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 12:33 AM

26,938 posts, read 22,860,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIslandSurf View Post
Thank you for bringing this to light. There was a poster or two in this thread, or another, that justified the Zelensky dictatorships handling of this. This is literally what the Soviet’s did, and in fact, this is worse than a lot of 1950s anti religion campaigns by the Soviets.

The Zelensky dictatorship and his American goons are attacking the oldest religion, and rightful Orthodox Church. Thanks to the CIA, the schism needed to happen for nationalistic reasons. Divide and conquer, and now I watch brothers fight brothers because the West can’t keep its bombs from others.

Americans, especially war mongers, are ignorant to the workings of Orthodoxy which is why you see insane neocons in this thread cheer the Nazi regime in Ukraine.

This hits very personally as I have dear Russian and Ukrainian Orthodox friends in my Church. To see how ignorant posters in this thread are, is maddening.

You are correct. Westerners are very dumb, they are ruled by emotion not logic, reason or cultural history. An emotional society driven by slogans and false narratives, which is how we end up with a geopolitical nightmare that the West created. They appeal to authority like it’s a staple of their intelligence, when in reality they parrot what they’re told.

“Shortly, the public will be unable to reason or think for themselves. They’ll only be able to parrot the information they’ve been given on the previous nights news.” - Zbigniew Brzezinski (The Global Chess Board).
And now Z Bigs daughter is a host on MSNBC, you can’t make this comical Western propaganda up; such a farce it’s beyond comical.

I think I am ignorant to the working of the Orthodoxy as well, but I detected this bolded part very well.
I feel terrible for the South-Easterners in particular, and the situation they found themselves in from 2014 on.

Brzezinsky is a criminal in my eyes - plain and simple.

I hope he is turning in his grave non stop, for the amount of death and suffering he masterminded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2023, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
This entire thread is on the Russo Ukrainian war in case you have not noticed. So of course I bring up Russia and Putin. In fact, this entire conflict is the result of the actions taken by one man... Vlad Putin. So yes, his name gets mentioned around here a lot.

One of my friends I've known since elementary school is an orthodox Christian who voted for Bush, but the alternative was Gore, so I'm not sure I could call him a liberal, and I don't think he would identify as such. At any rate, that's how I learned what little I do know about orthodox Christianity, from visiting the church and learning about their basic principles and beliefs.

I'm not a liberal, but I should point out, the founding fathers of the USA were raging liberals of their time. There is nothing inherently wrong with being a liberal minded person. Not all liberals are into promoting bizarre, perverted or weird behaviors. There is such a thing as based liberals believe it or not.

If you want to see modern nazis in action, go to one of those Chinese forced labor camps where they house all those Uyghurs. You won't find many nazis in the west. They are an extreme minority in most countries and very much not tolerated in most western nations. I've never visited Ukraine and have no intention of going, but there is no evidence to suggest they are building concentration camps like the Chicoms appear to have done. Some of them are a little too fascinated with nazism and that time period, and yes, some are neo nazis. But those people also exist in Russia. And everyone knows the USSR killed far more of it's own people than the nazis ever got a chance too.

So do you really believe that if Putin were to be gone tomorrow, the war would immediately stop?

If this is the case, then this is precisely the kind of naivety I was talking about earlier.

Old 04-11-2023, 12:43 AM

30,115 posts, read 25,216,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIslandSurf View Post
I literally was talking about the Zelensky Nazi Regime persecuting Christians, and the oldest Christian religion in Ukraine. Since you are too ignorant you on a mentally insane rant about Russia, Putin and Soviet Union.

Since you want to play stupid games, let me obliterate you.

The United States violated every treaty it signed with Native Americans, before forcing them on reservations... genocide was the other options. Want me to quote Russell Means, Vine Deloria Jr or any Native activist that makes you look stupid?

As Russell Means, Lakota Activist said, America is the biggest reservation.

You want to talk about Vietnam? The carpet bombing, agent orange and a serial killer named Richard Ramirez was influenced by American genocide in Vietnam. Oh, you didn’t know the serial killer ‘Night Stalker,’ was influenced by his cousin Miguel who was a Green Beret combat vet from Vietnam. In fact, this wonderful American democracy spreader boasted about him and his fellow mates were serial killers and rapists during their time in the US Army during your illegal invasion of Vietnam.

Shall I bring up Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Yugoslavia, Vietnam, etc to show what a bold face liar and hypocritical caricature you are?

You are defending a demented pedophile whose crack head son had an illegal Ukrainian board position, but you hate liberals? LMAO!!! You’re a walking contradiction, and don’t ever talk about Orthodoxy or Russia as it looks an ignorant clown is talking, who has war sickness in his head
I never once defended Biden or his degenerate offspring. My ancestors were also, at least in part, Native Americans. But I am not sure why you feel they have anything to do with the war in Ukraine.

I never participated or even made an effort to defend any of the conflicts you referred to. This is a thread about the Russo Ukrainian war. Not any of this other stuff you are rambling about. Your emotional rant signals you have poor control over your emotions, so I will allow you to stew in your rage for the time being.

Old 04-11-2023, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So do you really believe that if Putin were to be gone tomorrow, the war would immediately stop?

If this is the case, then this is precisely the kind of naivety I was talking about earlier.

Do you know what they say in the west about people who assume? You end up making as ass of u and me. That's what.

This was will go on for as long as the people of Russia and/or Ukraine decide it will go on at this point.

Old 04-11-2023, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Do you know what they say in the west about people who assume? You end up making as ass of u and me. That's what.

This was will go on for as long as the people of Russia and/or Ukraine decide it will go on at this point.

So then it's not just "Putin" that's a decisive factor in this war?

Do I understand you correctly?

Old 04-11-2023, 12:54 AM

Quote:
So then it's not just "Putin" that's a decisive factor in this war?

Do I understand you correctly?

I think you need to read again what I actually wrote.

Quote:
In fact, this entire conflict is the result of the actions taken by one man... Vlad Putin. So yes, his name gets mentioned around here a lot.

Obviously, what I stated was true. That Putin is the reason this entire conflict started. But that doesn't mean he is the only one who can end it at this point. The people of Russia could very well decide they've had enough of him and his war and put the old KGB dog out of his misery. He is an outdated relic of the past, and belongs in the past.

Old 04-11-2023, 01:01 AM

Quote:
I think you need to read again what I actually wrote.

In fact, this entire conflict is the result of the actions taken by one man... Vlad Putin. So yes, his name gets mentioned around here a lot.

Obviously, what I stated was true. That Putin is the reason this entire conflict started. But that doesn't mean he is the only one who can end it at this point. The people of Russia could very well decide they've had enough of him and his war and put the old KGB dog out of his misery. He is an outdated relic of the past, and belongs in the past.

But if they'll decide to replace him with someone like Prigozhin, then obviously Putin is NOT the reason why this war has started.

Old 04-11-2023, 01:18 AM

Quote:
But if they'll decide to replace him with someone like Prigozhin, then obviously Putin is NOT the reason why this war has started.

I said this war started because of the actions of one man... Putin. He literally invaded Ukraine, a sovereign nation. How much more obvious can it be? The reason he did it is irrelevant. The fact is, he is the one who decided this war needed to happen by invading. Literally sending an army into Ukraine. It's the very definition of a hostile invasion.

History will judge him the same way past tyrants were judged. Your opinion about it will no doubt be on the wrong side of history when the dust finally settles. I'm not judging you. They had to drag the German people out of the protection of their homes and show them the concentration camps before they would believe any of it.

Old 04-11-2023, 01:27 AM

Quote:
I said this war started because of the actions of one man... Putin. He literally invaded Ukraine, a sovereign nation. How much more obvious can it be? The reason he did it is irrelevant. The fact is, he is the one who decided this war needed to happen by invading. Literally sending an army into Ukraine. It's the very definition of a hostile invasion.

History will judge him the same way past tyrants were judged. Your opinion about it will no doubt be on the wrong side of history when the dust finally settles. I'm not judging you. They had to drag the German people out of the protection of their homes and show them the concentration camps before they would believe any of it.

Yet when/if this man is removed from the picture, the war won't stop.

So obviously the reason he did it is what matters, not him, and if you still don't realize it, your understanding of this war is very naive.

Old 04-11-2023, 04:44 AM

3,292 posts, read 1,655,644 times
https://english.elpais.com/internati...om-russia.html

Europe’s new wall: Finland is building a 124-mile-long border fence to protect itself from Russia

The barrier, which will cover 15% of the border between the two countries, symbolizes the distrust NATO’s most recent member state feels towards Moscow

With the consensus of all the parliamentary groups — and at the proposal of the Finnish Border Guard — the construction of the fence on the eastern border was approved last October. Sanna Marin, the prime minister, who just resigned after losing the 2023 elections, argued that it was necessary in view of “the new security situation” generated by the war in Ukraine.

The Social Democrat stressed that the main purpose of the wall would be prevention against “hybrid threats” from Russia, especially “the exploitation of mass migration.” A few months ago, Finland made a historic turn by abandoning its neutrality and beginning the process of joining the Atlantic Alliance — a process that ended successfully a week ago.

[…]

“[In 2015 and 2016], Russia used migrants as a weapon in that area of Lapland,” says Pekka Virkki, an analyst with the military magazine Suomen Sotilas, who spoke to EL PAÍS by phone. “The risk that Moscow will resort to mass migration again has always been latent,” the expert adds. He considers the fence to be “a symbol” of the new relationship with the Eurasian country.

[…]

The work is in line with the walls that Poland and the Baltic countries have built (or are currently building) on their borders with Russia and Belarus. Since 2020, the Belarusian regime has encouraged and facilitated the arrival of tens of thousands of migrants at the E.U.’s external borders, in response to various sanctions imposed by Brussels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies