Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 203 39.73%
No 259 50.68%
Unsure 49 9.59%
Voters: 511. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2024, 03:46 PM

5,004 posts, read 2,778,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This evening, Ukrainian forces successfully struck the Russian NIP-16 space tracking and communication center in Vitino, Crimea with multiple MGM-140 ATACMS tactical ballistic missiles.

Multiple areas of the facility are burning.
https://x.com/Osinttechnical/status/1804968315024199767
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2024, 06:04 PM

9,009 posts, read 11,899,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
Looks like Russian terrorists are getting a taste of their own medicine. I hope it spreads like wild fires to all of Russia.

Old 06-23-2024, 06:59 PM

26,937 posts, read 22,870,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Looks like Russian terrorists are getting a taste of their own medicine. I hope it spreads like wild fires to all of Russia.

That's yet another attack of Islamic radicals in Caucasus.

It has been already squashed.

I wouldn't be cheering this kind of things, if I were you.

Old 06-23-2024, 07:54 PM

45,441 posts, read 26,712,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
I repeat. If he wants a cease fire he should cease fire. Simple as that. What’s so complicated to you?
I don’t think you understand how it works.

Old 06-23-2024, 10:04 PM

25,821 posts, read 17,602,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
.............Get real. This war has nothing about stopping Russia so they don't invade others. It's about power and influence in over the world.
That being the case, hasn't Russia already lost?
  • They have gained no markets for oil and natural gas, and lost many markets.
  • Most civilian industries in Russia have ceased operation.
  • The Russia military has been exposed as being much weaker than advertised
  • Russian weapons systems - formally a source of income - are no longer in demand
  • Russia is able to trade with only a few countries
And no one at all sees any of this changing after the war. Whenever that might be.

Old 06-23-2024, 10:07 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,365,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Cant help but notice you avoided the fact that Putin did indeed call for a ceasefire and peace talks, but Ukraine was told not to meet with him.
All of Putin's calls for a ceasefire also made it conditional upon Russia keeping all of their gains and Ukraine withdrawing their troops from the contested areas.
That is not a ceasefire, that's a demand for surrender.

Most recent, June 14, 2024
https://apnews.com/article/putin-rus...4c9d9eb8e9d36e

"Russian President Vladimir Putin promised Friday to “immediately” order a cease-fire in Ukraine and start negotiations if Kyiv began withdrawing troops from the four regions annexed by Moscow in 2022 and renounced plans to join NATO. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy rejected what he called an ultimatum by Putin to surrender more territory."

and

"Broader demands for peace that Putin listed included Ukraine’s recognition of Crimea as part of Russia, keeping the country’s nonnuclear status, restricting its military force and protecting the interests of the Russian-speaking population. All of these should be part of “fundamental international agreements,” and all Western sanctions against Russia should be lifted, Putin said."

Old Yesterday, 02:43 AM

51,767 posts, read 26,100,012 times
Quote:
So how does it work?

Old Yesterday, 03:04 AM

9,319 posts, read 4,943,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
In this case, if we don't stand up to them, they start with one kid, down the block, and continue pushing others down.

We can either supply weapons to Ukraine to fight the Russians in Ukraine, or supply men and weapons to fight Russia somewhere else (Estonia being the most likely, but not certain, next step.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
Same BS they asked you to swallow about Viet Nam right? Never gonna wake up this crowd I swear.
Oddly, that turned out to be the right philosophy, despite Leftist propaganda to the contrary.

Old Yesterday, 03:19 AM

6,807 posts, read 7,219,816 times
Quote:
Of course I do. Russia started it they must be the first to ceasefire.

Old Yesterday, 04:52 AM

9,319 posts, read 4,943,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier1976 View Post
Well if he wants a cease fire all he has to do is stop shooting. You know like stop flinging missiles into his neighbor’s yard. It’s pretty simple.
Truth.
That and he should begin talks of reparations for his aggressions.

Quote:
Cant help but notice you avoided the fact that Putin did indeed call for a ceasefire and peace talks, but Ukraine was told not to meet with him.
Propaganda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
All of Putin's calls for a ceasefire also made it conditional upon Russia keeping all of their gains and Ukraine withdrawing their troops from the contested areas.
That is not a ceasefire, that's a demand for surrender.
Truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies