Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.57%
No 258 50.79%
Unsure 49 9.65%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2023, 06:12 PM

4,999 posts, read 2,770,972 times

Advertisements

Denys update..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmWDgmHwJMA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2023, 06:32 PM

26,925 posts, read 22,820,771 times
OK, I had to run through Telegram to figure out what Prigozhin said on what day exactly, because it's not outlined in this video below, but since I couldn't find exactly the dates, I will translate what I hear in this video ( it's a dispatch from 10 hours ago, this is from one of the Ukrainian bloggers I follow.)
So I will translate him as well, because it gives an insight into the current situation, with Prigozhin including.

"Hello friends, lately we have a lot of talks regarding Bakhmut, and how the events will unfold there, after Prigozhin's announcement of Wagner's pullout.
So to sum it up before I'll proceed with the rest - he was promised to receive the ammunition, and that his flanks are going to be protected. Surovikin was promised to be appointed as the main liaison between the MoD and Wagner.
As well yesterday, the discussion began around the unexpected announcement of the Ukrainian Minister of Defense Reznikov, regarding the often mentioned earlier Ukrainian offensive.

So according to the Minister of Defense - if people en masse expect something outstanding from upcoming offensive, then these high expectations can bring the "emotional disappointment." Something within these lines. And I have to tell you that such assessment made by the official of the high rank is heard for the first time. But that's not the first Kiev's disappointment.
Behind the closed doors the situation in Bakhmut was discussed with a possibility of a huge gap left by the Wagner's withdrawal after 10th of May. At that, this gap could have been 50 km long.
In president's office (Zelensky's) it's believed that Russians don't have enough of troops to fill this gap ( which would immediately allow the Ukrainian troops to surge forward.)
Particularly after Prigozhin demanded from the Russian Chief of General staff Gerasimov to sign the paper, officially relieving Wagner from their positions, after which they would leave for their camp grounds.
The reason for this withdrawal was nothing new.
Already back in February Prigozhin was talking about the artificial ( as he perceived it) shortage of ammunition. But if now Prigozhin already named the names, in February he didn't do that yet.
The hint was the following; "I don't shove your face in the fact that you wine and dine from the golden plates, that you send your daughters and grand-daughters with their little doggies to Dubai resorts with no shame, while the Russian soldiers are dying on the front lines. *** ( there were quite a few posts on this subject initiated by Ukrainian bloggers including, on the TG channels,)
- "but I simply ask you - DO give me the ammunition. I am sorry if I act like such a simpleton, but I want the ammunition, that is stocked up in the ammo depots. Unfortunately, the emotions are running high, but all the questions I asked regarding the ammo remain unanswered. And this is the serious problem. At that, the ammunition is available - this has been discussed before, it's produced in sufficient numbers. The industry is operating in required mode, covering the needs of the country, and, as it came as a surprise to many, even has the surplus. It is a surprise that they did what no one did in the last 80 years so fast, and produced the required volume. At that I know the depots, I know the production serial numbers, I know the boxes serial numbers, I know very well what is located where, so I know for a fact that these shells do exist."
Host - "Here I have to acknowledge that not everything is so simple here. The problem is that Wagner is a Private military group, the kind that operate for long time already abroad.
But in Russia, nothing is defined from the legal point of view, what laws should govern PMCs. Therefore, although Wagner exists and operates very successfully, nobody knows how to go about it from the legal point of view. Its status is unclear, so no one is sure who legally has to supply it.

So MoD doesn't have instructions on who is responsible for their ammunition, or who is responsible for delay of supplies. It's unclear who Wagner is subordinate to, in the system of the military organization. The problem is, that Wagner, in spite of its unclear judicial status, plays an important role during this military operation, notably so.

Apparently that's why the MoD finally appointed Surovokin to deal with the issue, so that Prigozhin wouldn't have to obtain the ammo via the back channels, that he mentioned before.

Voice of Prigozhin: "I can't solve this problem, in spite of all my friendships and connections. Everything is sinking like in a swamp - no decisions are made. The generals, the officers, in different headquarters, in different ranks help me as they can, even sometimes breaking the laws, in order to supply us with what we need. No one understands where some "limits" came from, where the "procedures" came from, that are required in order to receive these supplies.

No one knows the ways of signing this or that paper. Everyone is pointing me in "up above" direction, saying "You know Mr. Prigozhin, you have complicated relations with those above," and point their fingers up, rolling up their eyes, "so you have to go to apologize and to repent. Then your fighters will receive the ammunition."

In front of whom I should apologize, and in front of whom I have to repent? 140 millions of Russians, all of you - please tell me, in front of whom I should apologize, that my guys would die twice as less, than it's happening today?
Host; Prigozhin made it known on many occasions earlier that operation "Bakhmut meat grinder" was designed not for takeover of the city; but with specific purpose in mind to grind down as many Ukrainian troops as possible while giving a break to Russian troops to reorganize and to restore its combat capability.
Prigozhin announced as well that Wagner fulfilled its goal in Bakhmut completely in this respect.

I should remind you, that 7th of March, Shoigy said that control of Bakhmut will open the way for further advancement into Ukrainian positions.
He called Bakhmut an important defense stronghold of Ukrainian army in Donbass. Half year earlier, on October 8th of 2022 to be exact, the joint decision to come up with "Bakhmut meat grinder" operation was made.
The projected calculation ( according to Prigozhin) was, that Zelensky would throw as many troops as possible into this grinder, in order to retain this city. Which Zelensky is doing until today, throwing Ukrainians into the fire, like the firewood.
Meanwhile Russian army had time to build its defensive lines in the most convenient locations, to conduct the mobilization, to train the mobilized and so on.
The time-frame for this operation was established until approximately 8th of April according to Prigozhin. And, according to him, Bakhmut does not have the strategic importance for further advancement in the western direction.
At that, Zelensky said on numerous occasions as well that Bakhmut doesn't have the strategic importance, yet a lot of people died there from both sides.
Therefore Bakhmut was important for destruction of manpower and military equipment, but from the real strategic point of view - it's Kramatorsk, Slavyansk, Druzkovka and Konstantinovka that are important. Because they comprise the "Donbass ring" from West of which there are plains, where the Ukrainian troops will have hard time building the defense in case of the Russian advancement.
And so today, according to Prigozhin, Wagner fulfilled its task in the operation "Bakhmut meat grinder," so the "operational space" is open already in direction of Slavyansk and Kramatorsk.

The last two kilometers of Bakhmut ( still under Ukrainian control) don't already matter in this scenario.
Prigozhin - "To all these critics that say that Wagner should remain in Bakhmut in order to take over these last two kilometers, to stay there till the bitter end and die, I will repeat; it's better to lose the battle but to keep the army. We took over 95% of Bakhmut territory, the last 5% for the future advancement of the "Russian army to the West" don't make any particular difference. PMC Wagner doesn't have the shells at this point, no one came to communicate with me and to replenish the ammo, and without it we can't talk about any further offensive. Because if I will lead my people, I will lead them to certain death. 10th of May we will start the withdrawal of our units.
During this war of 400 days, when Wagner fights 24/7, ten thousands of Wagnerians couldn't keep on going, because they were killed or wounded, that's why I am going to keep Wagner the way it is today. Two square kilometers of Bakhmut are not going to affect the SMO in any way. The most important thing is that those that are in charge of it, would know where they are going, to which outlined goalposts, and with what purpose.

And so that they wouldn't entertain themselves with our victories, while we are short on ammunition. As far as my personal ambitions go, I don't have any ambitions to come in history as a person who conquered Bakhmut. But I have ambitions to serve the Russian people, to serve our state. That's why I am saying this to my critics, who are telling that I should remain in Bakhmut till the bitter end and to die there - you go ahead. Take the gun in your hands, put on the bulletproof vest and come right here. There is still time. If you stay alive for two days under the fire here - more power to you. My best wishes.
But other than that - the operation "Bakhmut meat grinder" is over, in absence of ammunition for Wagner. We have nothing to hack Ukrainian troops with, other than the axes and machete. But we'll leave it till the next time, while for now - Wagner privates lives will be saved for the next operations,
for Russia's national interests and not for someone's entertainment.

This is the most important thing. And when it comes to the "operational space" - my major question here is, while we were dying in Bakhmut, why no one is using it, this open path? And what's the goal of our military operation? Those of you who know it and who criticize me here - answer these questions please."

So straight from the horse mouth - now you can hear what's going on from Prigozhin himself, and not through the media's interpretations.
Kremlin ( or rather Putin's spokesperson Peskov) said that he is aware of Prigozhin cliams, but he refused to comment on it.
A day ago Prigozhin was promised that all his requests will be fulfilled, so he reversed his decision to leave Bakhmut, and his latest ( today's) message on his TG channel was that he has heard that the promised ammo was on its way, but he still didn't see it "in person."
And if the promises will not be fulfilled, he might still leave Bakhmut - that's my assumption.

As far as the situation with other Russian troops go - here I see controversial information on different TG channels. Starting from the most pessimistic like Girkin's channel that ISW likes to quote, to other reports that claim the numbers ( and overall picture) that's very favorable for the Russian troops.
The truth most likely is somewhere in-between.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfWTxz_g_4w

Last edited by erasure; 05-08-2023 at 07:14 PM..

Old 05-08-2023, 06:37 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,802,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
From my understanding you can post foreign video's, you can't post foreign text.
But there is usually foreign text embedded in those videos. Even one line of text would disqualify the video from this site.

Old 05-08-2023, 06:41 PM

8,996 posts, read 11,885,467 times
There is more bad news for Putin.

Corruption has put Russia's early warning radars at risk

Russian state media are in a melt down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV1KrUnOBvM

Old 05-08-2023, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
That's fine but here's the dilemma. I, actually, was tapped for it.
Sometimes and, more than once, you need to post a valuable information, unavailable for reasons various in English.
Being a good steward, you do your due diligence, and translate that information into English. Post it, along with link to the original source, that being in a non-English language.
You get tapped, as extensive excerpts from a source are not allowed too. Instead, a brief c/p is allowed along with the LINK to the original material.

Well, link leads to the original material in a foreign to most language.
As I am typing this, I was reprimanded for posting such posts. That's why I am not doing it anymore.

That said, I absolutely do not mind translating articles and posting, if allowed. Question is - how do you propose to go about videos? Not post them at all, as they are not in English? Ok, but that leaves audience with ONLY English videos. And they are not always adherent to the truth. It is always good to look at any discussed subject from various points of view, right?

Solutions?

If you post them ( i.e. if you find them valuable, ) you HAVE to translate it - it's that simple, as tedious as it might be to make the translation.

There is no way around it - it's not a text that can be run through translator if necessary by those who are interested.

Otherwise these videos don't make sense, if no one can understand the info provided in them. It's just common sense. ( Unless of course the videos are self-explanatory, and require minimum explanations.)

Old 05-08-2023, 06:46 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,970 times
ISW Update 5/8/23

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...ent-may-8-2023

Quote:
May 8, 2023 - Press ISW

Russian forces conducted another large-scale missile and drone strike against Ukraine on the night of May 7 to 8. The Ukrainian General Staff reported on May 8 that Russian forces launched 16 missiles at Kharkiv, Kherson, Mykolaiv, and Odesa oblasts, and that Ukrainian forces shot down all 35 launched Shahed drones. Kyiv Mayor Vitaly Klitschko stated that Ukrainian forces shot down 36 Russian drones targeting Kyiv out of a 60 total launched against Ukraine, however. Klitschko did not specify how many total drones Ukrainian forces shot down elsewhere in Ukraine. Klitschko’s report is more likely accurate as it was posted nearly four hours after the initial round of Ukrainian reporting on the Shahed strike. The Ukrainian Red Cross stated that one Russian missile destroyed an entire Red Cross warehouse in Odesa Oblast. Russian milbloggers celebrated claims that Russian forces intensified strikes against Kyiv, with one milblogger claiming that Russian forces conducted the largest strike campaign against Kyiv since the start of the war. Russian sources are likely overcompensating for ineffectiveness of the drone strikes by playing up the size and scale of the effort.

Old 05-08-2023, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sim_Mister View Post
From my understanding you can post foreign video's, you can't post foreign text.

Again - yes you can, but then you will have to take responsibility to explain to everyone what's in it.

Otherwise they can't serve as any viable information, used in discussions.

Old 05-08-2023, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post

Quote:
Russian forces conducted another large-scale missile and drone strike against Ukraine on the night of May 7 to 8. The Ukrainian General Staff reported on May 8 that Russian forces launched 16 missiles at Kharkiv, Kherson, Mykolaiv, and Odesa oblasts, and that Ukrainian forces shot down all 35 launched Shahed drones. Kyiv Mayor Vitaly Klitschko stated that Ukrainian forces shot down 36 Russian drones targeting Kyiv out of a 60 total launched against Ukraine, however. Klitschko did not specify how many total drones Ukrainian forces shot down elsewhere in Ukraine. Klitschko’s report is more likely accurate as it was posted nearly four hours after the initial round of Ukrainian reporting on the Shahed strike. The Ukrainian Red Cross stated that one Russian missile destroyed an entire Red Cross warehouse in Odesa Oblast. Russian milbloggers celebrated claims that Russian forces intensified strikes against Kyiv, with one milblogger claiming that Russian forces conducted the largest strike campaign against Kyiv since the start of the war. Russian sources are likely overcompensating for ineffectiveness of the drone strikes by playing up the size and scale of the effort.
Yes I've heard about the major strikes on Ukraine last night, but my understanding is that their purpose was to destroy as many points/locations of concentration of Ukrainian troops/ammo getting ready for the offensive, that Russians are expecting any day now.

Old 05-08-2023, 07:30 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

at 3:26 narrator

Quote:
I''m detecting a theme among Russian public figures and propogandist. They are basically admitting it is over for Russia.
Russian propogandist
Quote:
That's it. That's why no one will be taking pity on us. No one will be crying for us.
No. No they won't.

Old 05-08-2023, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

Mhm, I watched it, thanks.

Good news - yes, Russia is corrupt so whatever they are saying there might be true up to a point. Bad news is that Ukraine is corrupt even more, so nothing to worry about for Russians.

I see no "meltdown" of the Russian state media there either - just pro-Kremlin channel responding to the latest concerns of the "Donbass group" ( I'll identify them this way, ) after the recent Ukrainian terrorist attack on Prilepin. ( As you already know, Ukrainians hate them the most, while Kremlin is preoccupied with the safety only of their "own," those connected to them. This should explain why this Ukrainian propaganda video refers to Donbass in the most hateful terms, while describing even the fire situation in Russia's Tymen.) And overall whatever they are quoting there, comes from some fishy anonymous TG channel with some juicy gossips ( I checked.)

And the last but not least - why on earth Ukrainian propagandists decided to use the video with their soldiers running away from Wagner as some kind of "everything is under control" assurances?

It's literally a video from Wagner's channel.

P.S. That fat a** in Detroit airport needs to be urgently removed from any pets - dogs or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies