Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2020, 11:36 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,769,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Obesity is a risk factor for Covid. Asthma may be a risk factor. Yet Christie seems to have had a fairly uncomplicated case. Just like being in a low risk group doesn't mean you're at NO risk. Individuals don't always follow the group projections. IOW, not every obese, asthmatic over 50 (Christie is 58) is going to have a severe case of Covid.

He was high risk and ended up in the ICU. LOL about him ending up in the ICU being a sign of an uncomplicated case. Nice try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2020, 11:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,867,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
He was high risk and ended up in the ICU. LOL about him ending up in the ICU being a sign of an uncomplicated case. Nice try.
He was discharged after a week, in supposedly good health.
"Patients with risk factors for severe illness (see People Who Are at Higher Risk for Severe Illness) should be monitored closely given the possible risk of progression to severe illness, especially in the second week after symptom onset. . . The median length of hospitalization among survivors was 10 to 13 days."
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-patients.html

He was in for a considerably shorter time period. It's also rather unusual to be discharged straight from the ICU, so I think we're missing some details here.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
He was discharged after a week, in supposedly good health.
"Patients with risk factors for severe illness (see People Who Are at Higher Risk for Severe Illness) should be monitored closely given the possible risk of progression to severe illness, especially in the second week after symptom onset. . . The median length of hospitalization among survivors was 10 to 13 days."
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-patients.html

He was in for a considerably shorter time period. It's also rather unusual to be discharged straight from the ICU, so I think we're missing some details here.

Spending a week in the ICU is not a sign of an uncomplicated case.

I know six people who had covid and none of them were hospitalized. One had two high risk factors, obesity and asthma. That would be what Most logical people would consider to be uncomplicated cases. A week long stay in the ICU is not a sign of a mild or uncomplicated case of Covid.

There’s something to be said for people who can admit when they are wrong.

Old 10-17-2020, 01:07 PM

7,158 posts, read 4,750,843 times
He's alive? I thought those with morbid obesity were supposed to all die.

There's a massive lawsuit starting in Germany about the fraud perpetuated in the Covid sham. Looking forward to the revelation of false stats, and info on how a leaked "panic paper" was discovered to orchestrate panic worldwide, which even suggested that kids should be made to feel responsible for their parents' and grandparents' Covid infections if they don't "follow the rules."

Old 10-17-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz713 View Post
If by high risk you mean brushing up against his idol Donald the Covid hot spot Trump, then I guess yes, he was high risk.

I’m sure you’re being facetious but obesity and asthma are two factors that make him high risk.

Old 10-17-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post

There's a massive lawsuit starting in Germany about the fraud perpetuated in the Covid sham. Looking forward to the revelation of false stats, and info on how a leaked "panic paper" was discovered to orchestrate panic worldwide, which even suggested that kids should be made to feel responsible for their parents' and grandparents' Covid infections if they don't "follow the rules."
That’s interesting. Please share if you find anything out. Looking forward to hearing more.

Old 10-17-2020, 04:39 PM

724 posts, read 404,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post

This isn't always the case. They are at high risk to have poor outcomes and death, but it isn't guaranteed. The long-term effects are just as worrisome. And if they were to get re-infected, it could be very bad.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:40 PM

7,242 posts, read 4,560,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m sure you’re being facetious but obesity and asthma are two factors that make him high risk.
No Asthma has been PROVEN not to be a factor for covid.

I suspect strongly obesity alone is not, but that it is diabetes or insulin resistance that is the real danger symptom.

Old 10-17-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
No Asthma has been PROVEN not to be a factor for covid.

I suspect strongly obesity alone is not, but that it is diabetes or insulin resistance that is the real danger symptom.

Really?
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...onditions.html
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...-experts-say#1
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...f-theyre-young

Old 10-17-2020, 06:13 PM

2,774 posts, read 904,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...covid-n1243589

Sad he got that sick, happy he got better and has come to his senses.
Chris Christie is also big as a house. Had he been at a normal weight I suspect he'd have fared better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies