Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 10:56 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,131,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I’m glad he’s ok. When I heard he tested positive I assumed he’d have a bad case. He is super high risk.
I bet he'd suffer more if he got the flu.

The weird thing about Covid19 it's for 99% people, milder than the common cold. It's for 1% of people, something goes haywire. And if those people are unhealthy (diabetes, old, fat) they die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 11:02 AM

19,882 posts, read 12,411,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
If he was truly in the ICU, he'd be on a vent and seeing him today, doesn't look like a guy having a rough period for 7 days.

He was in the ICU because he has money and was scared. Not because he needed to be.
Denial is the greatest fear indicator.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Denial is the greatest fear indicator.
Not denial, just observation. Seeing him today, guy looks good. If he was on a vent for 7 days, he wouldn't be doing interviews.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:07 AM

26,659 posts, read 13,854,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Not denial, just observation. Seeing him today, guy looks good. If he was on a vent for 7 days, he wouldn't be doing interviews.
Vents aren’t really to go to protocol anymore. They figured out at some point that they were doing more harm then good. It’s likely he was on oxygen.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Vents aren’t really to go to protocol anymore. They figured out at some point that they were doing more harm then good. It’s likely he was on oxygen.
Oxygen is not sufficient during advanced stages of infection. Obviously if you get to the point of needing a vent or resp you're in trouble. But a lot of bad techniques were fixed, and ofc we're a little more cautious before we place someone on a vent or resp. It still needs to be done in advanced cases of the disease.

If he was on oxygen, it was probably just for comfort. Like Trump. Trump's oxygen levels never fell out of the normal range.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:09 AM

51,736 posts, read 26,043,490 times
Quote:
Indeed.

Serious cases get the ECMO machine which is similar to the heart-lung by-pass machine used in open- heart surgery. It pumps and oxygenates a patient's blood outside the body, thus avoiding the damage to the lungs that ventilators can cause.

Alas, ECMOs are few and far between..

Old 10-16-2020, 01:38 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,660,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Someone's been watching too many super hero movies.

Besides, it's not all about you in case you haven't heard.

Where are you located? If you get COVID and we're close enough, cough in your hand, shake my hand and give me a week. If I die, you win and get money. If I win, I don't even want money I just want the bragging rights and for you to be as tight as a fresh butt cheek in a prison yard.

Old 10-16-2020, 01:39 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,660,865 times
Quote:
I remember when this whole ventilator thing was all the controversy and people were getting SUPER upset with me when I was questioning the ventilators. Now look, they're hardly used if used much at all.

Old 10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

16,013 posts, read 6,712,371 times
Glad he got better. Must have been a tad scary at times just wondering if he'd make it.

Old 10-16-2020, 01:49 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,615,913 times
This is just ridiculous - he is pandering.

- Masks do NOT protect you from corona virus.
- There is no information on his diabetic status
- There is no information on his vitamin D status.
- There is no information on what he was in the ICU for. Was he dying or was it a precaution.

Anyone as obese as he is should have taken it seriously. Laughable that he pretends a small bit of cloth would have avoided it.

Besides now he is immune.

ETA, asthma is not a danger condition when it comes to covid.

Last edited by Arya Stark; 10-16-2020 at 02:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies