Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 08:52 AM

15,897 posts, read 6,363,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I thought masks were intended to protect others. I don't understand how a mask would have protected Chris Christie from those not wearing masks.
Perhaps he is talking about spreading it before he knew he had it. I get a test today because I gave a ride to my brother who tested positive a couple of days later. It took 3 days for me to find out I was likely exposed to it. I'm glad I wore a mask at work and sanitized equipment after I used it in those days. Getting it myself is bad enough, I don't want to infect others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2020, 09:25 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sportsfan View Post
Yeah.....he had a "fairly uncomplicated case" and yet he ended up in the ICU..........
He (and "individuals") with his risk profile are at high risk........
His symptoms were reportedly "mild". He seems to have made a better recovery than Trump. He's alive.

Quote:
If anyone has asthma (regardless of type) or any other breathing-related issue, they will be at high risk for bad outcomes associated with COVID. Best to avoid getting it all together......
Document. I agree with the latter. We'd all do best to avoid getting Covid. That's what Christie is telling everyone now.

Old 10-18-2020, 09:46 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,529,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
This is America and I do wear a mask. I am no spring chicken. Some young ones get very sick from Covid too. Some don't. The problem was when Fauci was an idiot and told everyone not to wear a mask.. just wash your hands.. how does that protect you??? You breathe the virus into your nose and mouth. We don't lick surfaces. It is in the air.

Common sense is needed. Even if you test negative one day, does not mean you are not infected. It takes a few days to show up so that negative test is a failure some of the time. A few days later that infection shows up . Meanwhile one can spread it around without even knowing they are truly positive but the test said negative because it was too early to detect.
You have to do both. Touching surfaces and then touching orifices is not safe either.

Old 10-18-2020, 11:54 PM

3,699 posts, read 5,011,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
The average American does not go to the ICU with little problems, because their insurance won't pay for it.

Chris Christie is not an average American. He has the funds to do that. All indications are that he just checked himself for monitoring, because he was scared. In the ICU, it allows his vitals to be monitored more regularly. But, given he basically left the ICU and same day was healthy as ever, you kind use your brain and figure out he wasn't that sick in that ICU.
Wrong. Hospitals are required to treat patients until they are stabilized. This is the law. Medicaid will pay for a portion of unpaid hospital bills and patients can be charged for what services were provided. What insurance does is lower your hospital bill(if accepted at the hospital) and allow you to get treatments, rehabilitation, and doctor office visits so that small problems don't become big ones. What would happen if he had no insurance that after being stabilized and if there were beds available at an public hospital he would have transferred there. Likewise if he had insurance and it was not accepted at his hospital he would be transferred to one that accepts his insurance.

Last edited by chirack; 10-19-2020 at 12:13 AM..

Old 10-19-2020, 12:06 AM

37,971 posts, read 17,916,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...covid-n1243589

Sad he got that sick, happy he got better and has come to his senses.
Agree except with the last part. I remember when he ran for President, too many of his policies stink

Old 10-19-2020, 06:31 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,124,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Wrong. Hospitals are required to treat patients until they are stabilized. This is the law. Medicaid will pay for a portion of unpaid hospital bills and patients can be charged for what services were provided. What insurance does is lower your hospital bill(if accepted at the hospital) and allow you to get treatments, rehabilitation, and doctor office visits so that small problems don't become big ones. What would happen if he had no insurance that after being stabilized and if there were beds available at an public hospital he would have transferred there. Likewise if he had insurance and it was not accepted at his hospital he would be transferred to one that accepts his insurance.
No, not wrong. I don't think you understand that a person like Chris Christie can check himself in the ICU for observational purposes even if he has none serious symptoms.

Old 10-19-2020, 06:47 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,938,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Agree except with the last part. I remember when he ran for President, too many of his policies stink
So you wish he had died. Not a question.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:23 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,787,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
No, not wrong. I don't think you understand that a person like Chris Christie can check himself in the ICU for observational purposes even if he has none serious symptoms.
I bet someone like Christie could check himself into the hospital for observation but not into the ICU just for observation.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:26 AM

7,245 posts, read 4,570,574 times
Quote:
If anyone has asthma (regardless of type) or any other breathing-related issue, they will be at high risk for bad outcomes associated with COVID. Best to avoid getting it all together......
Those are not the medical facts.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:38 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,124,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I bet someone like Christie could check himself into the hospital for observation but not into the ICU just for observation.
And why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies