Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 07:30 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,127,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If Chris walked out in a week, with his health issues, does that mean the virus is getting weaker ? The meds now are working better? There’s very little information coming out as to why these folks are fairing so well. This would be good new for all, but not a word. Why did they do so well. Others not sharing much info either.
When this thing struck back in March/April we weren't testing like we're now. Many people in NYC were infected, with 0 symptoms, and we never knew about them.

Now, we're testing a lot more.

Sure, the meds could be better, but tbh, I don't believe they're that much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 07:31 PM

52,976 posts, read 34,809,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
I thought masks were intended to protect others. I don't understand how a mask would have protected Chris Christie from those not wearing masks.
first post and the narrative is already ruined.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:42 PM

724 posts, read 406,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Don't tell me about Covid19. I had over 2 dozen people close to me (friends, family) test + for it. And many more who had the classic symptoms but never got tested. I live in Miami afterall.

Most of these people never felt even 1 symptom, but were tested because someone close to them tested +.

1 friend of mine (actually husband of a friend) was hospitalized for over a month but he pulled through. He was late 50s, obese, cigar smoker. No lingering symptoms. He's back to normal.

1 friend of mine, complained she had difficulty breathing for months after she was officially cleared. But she was a bit of a hypochondriac, and when she went to the doctors and did scans of her lungs, nothing showed up.

All in all, it has been a big joke so far.
I will tell you about COVID all I want, and there is nothing you can do to stop me (from educating you)!!!!!

Yeah, being hospitalized for a month and having difficulty breathing sounds really fun and like a big joke

Old 10-16-2020, 07:45 PM

724 posts, read 406,931 times
Quote:
If Chris walked out in a week, with his health issues, does that mean the virus is getting weaker ? The meds now are working better? There’s very little information coming out as to why these folks are fairing so well. This would be good new for all, but not a word. Why did they do so well. Others not sharing much info either.
Spending 1 week in the ICU is "fairing so well?????" I THINK NOT!!!!!

Old 10-16-2020, 07:48 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,775,709 times
Let's all get it.... And let's all end up in the ICU for a week or two. I'm sure the docs and nurses would just LOVE that. Thousands of sick people packing the hospitals needing oxygen. Let's all get the nice bill when we get OUT of the hospital. Whooopty soooooo. It will be might t fine.

Old 10-16-2020, 07:50 PM

6,382 posts, read 2,944,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Masks do provide some protection to the wearer. They just provide more protection to others.

Still Confused About Masks? Here’s the Science Behind How Face Masks Prevent Coronavirus
If masks help so much why is covid surging in France where they have had mask mandates since July?

Old 10-16-2020, 08:24 PM

17,397 posts, read 12,362,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
If masks help so much why is covid surging in France where they have had mask mandates since July?
Covid fatigue leading to people getting lax with measures again. Schools back in session.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:35 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,127,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Covid fatigue leading to people getting lax with measures again. Schools back in session.
It's because young people are seeing each other, partying, socializing, and transmitting the virus that way. Eventually, it goes to their parents and cycles that way.

And good for young people, and shame on adults trying to keep their kids from socializing.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:58 PM

15,927 posts, read 6,631,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
A seasonal surge has been predicted, even with mask wearing.

'Hunker down': The fall Covid-19 surge is here

Additional measures will likely be required.

Old 10-16-2020, 09:01 PM

15,927 posts, read 6,631,608 times
Quote:
A single data point usually doesn't tell you much of anything. That being said, they have implemented measures that help recovery odds a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies