Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 09:10 AM

63,917 posts, read 47,087,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure, if Trump and Christie were both wearing masks, they would have been mutually protected from each other, but since neither wore a mask, both were exposed, and one infected the other. Likewise, if everyone at the Tulsa rally had been wearing a mask, Herman Cain would still be alive
No clue who infected who. WH is not into contact tracing.

The quick tests created a false sense of security within the WH and at the Rose Garden evenT where attendees did the opposite of distancing and few wore masks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2020, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
True primary goal of a mask is to stop the spread if you have it...but it also helps to hamper your inhaling of the droplets.

And the point is --- the lack of protocol resulted in a spread of the virus at The White House.

Lying about testing, mocking the masks and social distancing........

So glad it has turned out. Nobody wants to risk being in the group that suffers long term impact --or death.

That's something we aren't tracking is the folks who don't die but who suffer severe physical trauma and long term damage. We don't know.........
The first Covid diagnosis in the US happened exactly 10 months ago. It did not go away as Trump and Kushner predicted. The virus is surging throughout the country and impacting states not previously impacted and round 2 for others.

Flu season has begun. Speculation on my part the seasonal flu could exacerbate the symptoms of Covid, if dually infected. Only about 50% of the population gets the annual flu shot.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:26 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,488,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
No, not wrong. I don't think you understand that a person like Chris Christie can check himself in the ICU for observational purposes even if he has none serious symptoms.
Chris Christie was hospitalized by his doctor.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...010#blogHeader
" "In consultation with my doctors, I checked myself into Morristown Medical Center this afternoon. While I am feeling good and only have mild symptoms, due to my history of asthma we decided this is an important precautionary measure," Christie said in a statement. "

Old 10-19-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Look, it doesn't matter how many team Trump get sick and or die from Covid while attending a Trump super spreader event. The rubes believe what they want to believe. After all God will protect them and Trump was chosen by God to run our country into the ground with his botched Covid response. Oh yeah, they believe this garbage with all their hearts. You can't educate stupid.
Conversely, COVID will disappear on 11/4. It’s a global initiative to get Trump out of office.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:43 AM

6,828 posts, read 2,148,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Chris Christie was hospitalized by his doctor.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...010#blogHeader
" "In consultation with my doctors, I checked myself into Morristown Medical Center this afternoon. While I am feeling good and only have mild symptoms, due to my history of asthma we decided this is an important precautionary measure," Christie said in a statement. "
Yes, because Chris Christie wanted it. As stated in that sentence, it was a precautionary measure and was only having mild systems.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:44 AM

45,671 posts, read 24,259,975 times
Quote:
Yes, because Chris Christie wanted it. As stated in that sentence, it was a precautionary measure and was only having mild systems.
Let's get serious about this.

There was concern. They would not have admitted him if he was not exhibiting any systems. AND 7 days -- there were systems and issues.....same with Trump.

He was having trouble breathing so they admitted him ...true someone else might have been able to stay home but Christie has asthma and is way overweight.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Christie spent seven days in ICU out of "an abundance of caution?"

By any chance, is he on Trump's wonder drug?
Which wonder drug?

The medical team treating Trump did not use Trump’s much touted Hydroxy. Funny how that worked out, eh.

Instead, “ out of an abundance of caution” Trump received a one of a kind super high dose of an experimental anti- body cocktail which included Remdesivir.

Reportedly, Christie was treated with a cocktail including Remdesivir.

Average Joe would not be admitted to a hospital out of an abundance of caution. Nor would Average Joe be treated with experimental cocktails outside of a trial.

Had Trump or Christie been Average Joe, far more likely to end up on a vent.

Diff between Trump and Christie as it relates to Covid, is Trump does not seem capable of thinking beyond himself. He survived and says Covid is nothing to fear. Christie seems humbled.

Trump is his own worst enemy in this election.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Wearing a mask makes you weaker, and less healthy. It's comparable to eating 5,000 calories a day which also makes you weaker and less healthy (provided you're not some athlete).

Getting Covid19 will mean your body has some immunological memory to it in the future. You will be healthier and stronger once you beat the infection.

I also hardly wear seatbelts. No particular reason. Just don't feel the need to put one on. With these new cars that beep at you, I have a clip that I clip into the seat belt.
Really?

Must be why everyone in the OR masks up.

Must be why everyone in healthcare masks up.

Guess they don’t know better, eh.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
If he was truly in the ICU, he'd be on a vent and seeing him today, doesn't look like a guy having a rough period for 7 days.

He was in the ICU because he has money and was scared. Not because he needed to be.
Have you ever observed an ICU?

ICUs are full of patients not on vents.

Reportedly, Christie received a drug cocktail that included Remdesivir, the same basis for Trump’s cocktail.
Average Joe would not be treated with similar cocktails outside a trial. Even then the dosage Trump recieved was multiples of what’s going on in trials.

Trump’s much touted Hydroxy was not an option. Wonder why in the face of Covid Trump chose to trust the science instead of a doctor who believes space aliens and devils have sex with people while they sleep and in doing so, infect the sleeper with disease.

Only 2 million federal employees. Any one of them could have spent 30 seconds checking out this whack MD before Trump and Jr retweeted her wonders.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:11 AM

90,295 posts, read 121,488,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Kudos for getting it and a rep for you.

I agree that Fauci should not have said not to wear a mask. Those of us in health care knew this was airborne from day one after looking at what happened in Wuhan. I also knew there would be a supply chain interruption and people would panic buy every available mask. Fauci's narrative didn't work. You could not find an N95 at any of the big box supply stores or on line. People aren't stupid. well okay, many are, but enough knew that this was going to be bad and they went out and bought N95 masks. Try to find one on the shelf today. So I understand why Fauci wanted to slow down the panic buying to keep them for health care workers.

You are 100% correct about testing. It should be used as a two part tool. One to determine who is positive, and two as a tool to trace and isolate and quarantine positive cases. What happened in the white house just shows how epic a failure we've had in this country containing this virus. If the buffoons in the white house can't keep Trump safe, what chance does Joe average have?

Our only hope is to stay out of crowds, no social gatherings, and wear a mask. We as a country are not as smart as Taiwan and its people who get it and wore masks from day one.
I agree with the red as well. But were hospitals and other health providers getting their masks at Home Depot and Costco? Don't think so! It would have been far better to say, "we're asking manufacturers to redirect their supplies to health care facilities until manufacturing can catch up with demand; the public can use cloth masks". Which it has. You can get masks everywhere now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Which wonder drug?

The medical team treating Trump did not use Trump’s much touted Hydroxy. Funny how that worked out, eh.

Instead, “ out of an abundance of caution” Trump received a one of a kind super high dose of an experimental anti- body cocktail which included Remdesivir.

Reportedly, Christie was treated with a cocktail including Remdesivir.

Average Joe would not be admitted to a hospital out of an abundance of caution. Nor would Average Joe be treated with experimental cocktails outside of a trial.

Had Trump or Christie been Average Joe, far more likely to end up on a vent.

Diff between Trump and Christie as it relates to Covid, is Trump does not seem capable of thinking beyond himself. He survived and says Covid is nothing to fear. Christie seems humbled.

Trump is his own worst enemy in this election.
Having worked in a doctor's office and having a husband with leukemia, I can say that people sometimes are hospitalized "out of an abundance of caution". Of course, there is a reason for doing so, but these people are not always extremely ill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies