Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 02:34 PM

22,390 posts, read 29,512,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So is Trump. Maybe Christie just didn't get the good meds.
Umm not like CC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 02:37 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,854,681 times
Christie's obesity is a complicating factor that contributed to his need to be in ICU. Likely he has many underlying issues. Masks are to keep the sick from spreading their germs. They don't protect you from catching germs according to the great and all knowing Dr Fauci.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:15 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,286,403 times
Him wearing a mask probably wouldn't have changed anything, masks protect others from your germs not the other way around. I'm sorry he had a hard time and I'm glad he recovered and I don't even like the guy.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:27 PM

724 posts, read 405,622 times
Yup, KARMA has had a ball playing with all the "tough guys" who like to blow this virus off as the "cold/flu." Glad he is ok, and hope he uses this as a lesson. There is more and more reports about long-term impacts and reinfections. God forbid he is reinfected.

I hope he takes this as a lesson and does not take this as a joke anymore or blow this off to try and placate to the President. Herman Cain did that and wasn't as lucky to get a second chance.........

Old 10-16-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Him wearing a mask probably wouldn't have changed anything, masks protect others from your germs not the other way around. I'm sorry he had a hard time and I'm glad he recovered and I don't even like the guy.

It's not just wearing the mask. It's the overall mindset of taking this virus seriously. For example, if I was in the White House and saw that nobody was wearing masks or taking it seriously, I would exit immediately and tell them I will participate via Zoom (I believe he was there prepping the President for the first debate).

Old 10-16-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
This is just ridiculous - he is pandering.

- Masks do NOT protect you from corona virus.
- There is no information on his diabetic status
- There is no information on his vitamin D status.
- There is no information on what he was in the ICU for. Was he dying or was it a precaution.

Anyone as obese as he is should have taken it seriously. Laughable that he pretends a small bit of cloth would have avoided it.

Besides now he is immune.

ETA, asthma is not a danger condition when it comes to covid.

Yeah...in your dreams!!!! There are several reports of people being reinfected (some in as few as 2 months of the original infection). And even scarier the most recent case reports of the second infection being much more serious than the first (which is surprising, since people already infected should at least produce some antibodies to lessen the severity of a future infection).

It could potentially point to long-term damage/effects from an initial infection.

People are playing with fire thinking, "I want to get my COVID infection over with so that I'm immune".........

Old 10-16-2020, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
He's obviously obese. I wasn't aware of his asthma. He is a great candidate to be on lockdown.

Yup. I wasn't initially aware either, although reports of his asthma came up as soon as he got the infection. In fact, that may have been one of the main reasons he went directly to the hospital when he figured out he tested positive.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:40 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,123,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sportsfan View Post
And even scarier the most recent case reports of the second infection being much more serious than the first
That was 1 incident, all the other incidents of reinfection pointed to much less severe symptoms.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
That was 1 incident, all the other incidents of reinfection pointed to much less severe symptoms.

There were TWO "published" case reports in the US (there have been several documented case reports of a 2nd worse infection in other countries). And in reality (non-published reports), it's likely more than that. Most likely people who are infected once are a little more cautious going forward.

I have a friend I spoke to who got it (early 40's female, relatively healthy). She said she had flu-like symptoms and didn't have the energy to even move around for about 1 month. She told me that she was never really meticulous about cleanliness (frequent handwashing, getting a flu shot, etc.), and she didn't wear her mask consistently. She said this changed her.

Old 10-16-2020, 05:52 PM

17,348 posts, read 12,308,352 times
If Trump showed that kind of humility this would be a very different election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies