Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 08:07 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,459,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I know that Michigan is open-carry, and they are within their rights to bring guns. By why do it? Bringing guns, especially the type that you see people carrying in the photos, is an obvious threat. There was no reason for them to bring weapons except for the purpose of intimidation.

Which is alarming, to say the least. If armed thugs are going to patrol state capitols with military-style weapons for the purpose of intimidating governors, our democracy is definitely at risk.
Democracy is at risk in many ways and on many levels. This whole affair with the lockdown is a threat to our freedoms, they say only essential services should be maintained. Isn't a job essential? Isn't work essential to feeding, housing and caring for yourself and family?

This crap scares me. People just go like sheep an obediently quit their lives out of fear. There's a precedent to this if you know your history. Nazi Germany. The German people were passively dragged into a war that cost them terribly, horribly. They were dragged into that war by their politicians who they had little control over.

I don't like guns but in this situation the politicians need the be reminded who is the boss. They and many of you sitting in your homes still making a living are losing nothing. The rest of us are losing everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 08:10 AM

34,251 posts, read 18,612,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
What rights, exactly, are being infringed upon?
Free assembly. Life, Liberty and Pursuit of happiness. Among others.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:11 AM

256 posts, read 87,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Democracy is at risk in many ways and on many levels. This whole affair with the lockdown is a threat to our freedoms, they say only essential services should be maintained. Isn't a job essential? Isn't work essential to feeding, housing and caring for yourself and family?

This crap scares me. People just go like sheep an obediently quit their lives out of fear. There's a precedent to this if you know your history. Nazi Germany. The German people were passively dragged into a war that cost them terribly, horribly. They were dragged into that war by their politicians who they had little control over.

I don't like guns but in this situation the politicians need the be reminded who is the boss. They and many of you sitting in your homes still making a living are losing nothing. The rest of us are losing everything.
Question: Would you rather your politicians, following scientist's suggestions, instill safety measures to keep you and your neigbors from potentially getting the virus and perhaps dying, or would you rather risk your life going into work? You know you can't spend your money if you die from the virus.

Last edited by Schaefer687; 05-01-2020 at 08:55 AM..

Old 05-01-2020, 08:28 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,552,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaefer687 View Post
Question: Would you rather your politicians instill safety measures to keep you and your neigbors from potentially getting the virus and perhaps dying, or would you rather risk your life going into work? You know you can't spend your money if you die from the virus.

Because, exposure=infection=death.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:33 AM

34,251 posts, read 18,612,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Because, exposure=infection=death.
No it doesn't. The vast majority of times unless you are old and/or already sick, Exposure = Mild Cold and Flu symptoms and recovery. THAT'S IT! Don't believe the Democrat /Media hype!

Old 05-01-2020, 08:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,627,534 times
Quote:
When I see a guard or law enforcement officer carrying a gun, I presume they are doing so for my protection. I also presume they have been trained in proper use of guns and gun safety. I don't feel threatened.

If I see a hunter in the field carrying a deer rifle or shotgun in season, I know what they are doing and I don't feel threatened.

When I see some goofball in military fatigues with a rifle strapped to his chest, for no apparent reason other than to intimidate others or make himself feel tough, I don't feel so safe.
Our govt MUST fear what the public is capable of, to prevent all out tyranny, the founding fathers knew this was the only defense against tyranny, why should it be any different today?

Very suspicious when a citizen sides with Govt instead of their fellow citizens.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:40 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,809,167 times
How many people live in Michigan? Almost ten million people. How many people showed up to protest? Maybe 200?

The Hill: Poll: Michigan residents favor governor's Covid-19 handling over Trump's. "Disapproval of the governor's response stood at 37 percent, compared with 50 percent for the president."
So here we go again with the cry baby lunatic fringe behaving like entitled morons because wah wah wah my freedom has been disrupted by a pandemic and our lame duck president just lied and gas lighted the rubes about it making it ten times worse instead of having a pandemic team in place early on.

There's no shortage of the idiot factor, selfish, entitles people out there. Add to the mix the hate koolaid that keeps the low information emotional thinkers pumped up and you have a tiny glimpse into the haunted house minds of the ignorant. The sad part is that the innocent, like their children, could become infected and die from this. I saw unprotected children at those rallies and my hear broke. Some hard heads have to learn the hard way, and some never do, like the Jim Jones sheeple that killed their own children for a piece of crap like that.

We the people have spoken, and we the people support staying at home until it's safe to go out. The minority lunatic fringe? Sit down and shut up. You look like idiots.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:44 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I answered, you just didn't understand (or are trying real hard to make it about something it isnt as some kind of "gotcha")
I support the cause, which in this case is people wanting the freedom to resume their social and professional lives, or said another way; restoration of their property rights.
Left wing, right wing, no winger, etc, has nothing to do with any of it.

FYI guns are allowed in Michigans state building
It is only gotcha to you because you know the politics matter despite you trying to frame it as not a left or right issue. This rally is largely right wing and is supported by right wing money.

This has little to do with property rights unless you're talking business owners that want to subject their workers and customers to the virus because it is highly infectious and many have died from it (the ultimate removal of property rights mind you) or in a very bad shape.

And just because it is open carry, don't means it was RIGHT to have guns there to scare the lawmakers into negotiating with terrorists.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:46 AM

29,548 posts, read 14,693,013 times
Quote:
I know that Michigan is open-carry, and they are within their rights to bring guns. By why do it? Bringing guns, especially the type that you see people carrying in the photos, is an obvious threat. There was no reason for them to bring weapons except for the purpose of intimidation.

Which is alarming, to say the least. If armed thugs are going to patrol state capitols with military-style weapons for the purpose of intimidating governors, our democracy is definitely at risk.
While I don't think it is a threat, I don't get it. This is a protest against the restrictions our governor has made, not one of them restricting anything 2A related, well gun ranges are closed. So why are we seeing people kitted up, with their too small fitting plate carriers, slinging AR's over their shoulder ? I just don't get it.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Free assembly. Life, Liberty and Pursuit of happiness. Among others.
Death is the ultimate infringement of all those... We are all at risk of the virus. This has been proven over and over and over again. I rather give up some rights to actually have these rights down the road. Like you know, when the crisis is finally over...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies