Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 08:54 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,450,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
This is how Democracy ends.
Wrong. This is how tyranny ends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 08:55 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Our govt MUST fear what the public is capable of...
That sounds like the threat of sedition.

That is definitely NOT what the 2nd Amendment was intended for by our founders and is NOT protected in the constitution.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:58 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Wrong. This is how tyranny ends.
The tyranny we are experiencing right now comes from a virus. Let's beat the real enemy by following the public health guidelines from our competent health professionals.

The people complaining about the social distancing measures sound like spoiled children on a long boring car ride. It's just as boring for the adults (who are not complaining). They need to grow up.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:01 AM

256 posts, read 87,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No it doesn't. The vast majority of times unless you are old and/or already sick, Exposure = Mild Cold and Flu symptoms and recovery. THAT'S IT! Don't believe the Democrat /Media hype!
Ok, so you are exposed to the virus. You don't know you've been exposed and are contagious, even though you are exhibiting no symptoms yet. You go to the grocery store. You sneeze while walking down the aisle and infect the person walking past you. Go go the bank and infect the bank teller. You go home and infect your wife. You go into work and infect a bunch of your co-workers. You go and visit your 94 year old grandma and expose her. She get the virus, and because of age and other physical ailments she dies. That is the reason for all of the precautions. It is not some vast left wing conspiracy against you!

Old 05-01-2020, 09:20 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Last I checked, we still had all that.
I guess it depends on the state, but the vast majority DON'T. Think about it. How can you pursue happiness without work, or being able to go out and be with people? Most things are closed by government EDICT!

Old 05-01-2020, 09:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I guess it depends on the state, but the vast majority DON'T. Think about it. How can you pursue happiness without work, or being able to go out and be with people? Most things are closed by government EDICT!
To prevent the ultimate infringement of rights, death.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:27 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,822 times
Why am I not surprised that Trump has condoned the behavior of these protesters, calling them "good Americans". Yeah, pickup truck driving, gun toting, trailer park residing, red ball cap wearing , cousin marrying "Americans".

Yep, that is his base.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaefer687 View Post
I taught history and I understand how our country works, probably better than you. These idiots are being funded by extreme right wing groups. They are Proud Boys and White Supremacists and they went there looking for trouble. If they wanted a peaceful protest, they wouldn't have had automatic weapons slung across their chests. These are the same people who marched in Charlotte chanting Jews will not replace us. They are Nazis, and as far as I am concerned Nazis have no rights.
Hmm, I wonder what England would have said of 'America' during the American Revolution...'traitors and criminals, terrorists, etc'

Old 05-01-2020, 09:35 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Why am I not surprised that Trump has condoned the behavior of these protesters, calling them "good Americans". Yeah, pickup truck driving, gun toting, trailer park residing, red ball cap wearing , cousin marrying "Americans".

Yep, that is his base.
You love your inaccurate stereotypes and generalizations purely to make you feel better about yourself. Sad and pathetic.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:37 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaefer687 View Post
Question: Would you rather your politicians, following scientist's suggestions, instill safety measures to keep you and your neigbors from potentially getting the virus and perhaps dying, or would you rather risk your life going into work? You know you can't spend your money if you die from the virus.
You know that most people don't die from the virus.

And no, I don't "rather" have politicians and politically motivated scientists making suggestions, based on a "potential", that keeps people from earning a living. Safety measures are one thing. Forbidding someone from earning a living, that results in them losing their business, home or savings, is not OK.

You risk your life EVERY day going to work if you drive to work, or go to work during flu season.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies