Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 06:41 PM

13,697 posts, read 9,028,353 times

Advertisements

I recall, for I am pretty old, when the Black Panthers exercised their Constitutional Right to carry firearms into the Sacramento state Capital back in 1968.

California (then rather conservative, save for Berkeley) went crazy, and outlawed such.

However, blacks holding guns is quite different, is it not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 06:53 PM

6,135 posts, read 4,622,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well - if the Wal-Mart tacticool desert boot fits, they get to wear it.
Thank you for bringing some comic relief to an otherwise heavy topic. And you're not too far off the mark there either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Call in the military, let's get rid of these rednecks once and for all.
I agree, for the reasons corpgypsy states below, that it crosses the line. Besides, these disruptions don't convince anyone (other than people with fringe beliefs, some of which are active in this forum) of their point of view, so they fail grossly at that, along with failing to even acknowledge the importance of human health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
There is a clear distinction between public assembly and protest — protected by the federal Constitution — and threats of insurrection.

These were armed hoodlums in tactical gear occupying a state capitol. This was an appalling, disgraceful and dangerous exhibition of extremism. This wasn't about democracy. It wasn't about the second amendment. It wasn't about gun ownership. It wasn't about free speech.

It was all about intimidation. Armed protest and threats of insurrection, domestic violence & intimidation. This is not what we do in our country.

The simple fact is that an armed citizenry is not the basis for our freedoms. Our freedoms rest on a moral consensus, enshrined in law, that in a democratic republic we work out our differences through reasoned, and sometimes raucous, argument. Free elections and open debate are not rooted in violence or the threat of violence. They are precisely the alternative to violence.

Violence and the threat of violence have always been used by those who wanted to bypass democratic procedures and the rule of law...if we can't draw the line at the threat of violence, democracy begins to disintegrate.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:00 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,729,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I recall, for I am pretty old, when the Black Panthers exercised their Constitutional Right to carry firearms into the Sacramento state Capital back in 1968.

California (then rather conservative, save for Berkeley) went crazy, and outlawed such.

However, blacks holding guns is quite different, is it not?
Just last year, blacks taking a knee seemed to be considered almost a capital offense by many of the same people defending these protestors.

Funny times we’re living in, no?

Old 04-30-2020, 07:01 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,389,587 times
Need more proof these Repubifools hate America? These people are dead set on destroying this country.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:27 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,405,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
That's the rare exception. Most revolutions produce a much worse government than what they succeed. I very much doubt that this army of idiots are going to give us a "Democracy". They will seek to impose their will on everybody else.
Thrush! And who in the world wants to live with the “thrush” that these idiots live by? Not me.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:29 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,026,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
It was successful, the Michigan House heard them, and voted to END the extension tonight at midnight:

https://www.facebook.com/StateRepOMa...1011533930787/

Sorry, I don't know of a link to this video that's not a Facebook link.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:30 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,305,845 times
Must be nice to be white and able to ***** about stuff in public without fear of reprisal or getting shot.

Old 04-30-2020, 07:32 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,634,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Uh, I think the State police have their wires crossed...they are supposed to protect the peoples rights! Why are they on the defensive here?!!!

Old 04-30-2020, 07:32 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,405,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaefer687 View Post
When you come to the party with your gun slung against your chest, it is not a legal, peaceful protest. They are looking for trouble. This isn't Democracy. It's anarchy. They should all be thrown in jail and held without bail. And if they catch the virus, oh well.
Amazing that it’s allowed. How come they get away with it? When shall we the normal people rise up and take a stand against them?

Old 04-30-2020, 07:35 PM

45,251 posts, read 26,498,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Uh, I think the State police have their wires crossed...they are supposed to protect the peoples rights! Why are they on the defensive here?!!!
Jus remember that when someone tells you "the goobermint is us"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies