Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 07:53 PM

20,062 posts, read 20,877,739 times

Advertisements

Its about time these Republicans got off their asses and did something. It's always liberals/democrats protesting and causng a public ruckus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2020, 08:38 PM

1,438 posts, read 780,003 times
I like how the protesters aren't protesting for wider testing, or the federal government seizing equipment bound for the states, or U.S. Senators on both sides of the isle dumping stocks back in January and buying pharmaceutical stocks that happen to make the remdesvir drug, or hospitals cutting the salaries of doctors or nurses. NOPE gotta re-open the state, screw all that other stuff, it's all about THEM. We really do live in the Idiocracy timeline

Old 04-30-2020, 09:00 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Yet if blacks were protesting lack of opportunities and low pay, these neck beards would be screaming "pull yourselves up by the boot straps! Learn a new skill! Move!"

Old 04-30-2020, 09:03 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
I find it unbelievable that folk can go into a public building with arms! Where I work at, weapons must be checked!

I hope the day will come, when all of us learn that rights come with responsibilities. Ask yourself if a bunch of folk going into a state building with arms is responsible......!
Its called 'patriotism' in case you didnt know.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
I like how the protesters aren't protesting for wider testing, or the federal government seizing equipment bound for the states, or U.S. Senators on both sides of the isle dumping stocks back in January and buying pharmaceutical stocks that happen to make the remdesvir drug, or hospitals cutting the salaries of doctors or nurses. NOPE gotta re-open the state, screw all that other stuff, it's all about THEM. We really do live in the Idiocracy timeline
Thats what makes this so pathetic! Its almost hilarious if it werent so sad.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaefer687 View Post
When you come to the party with your gun slung against your chest, it is not a legal, peaceful protest. They are looking for trouble. This isn't Democracy. It's anarchy. They should all be thrown in jail and held without bail. And if they catch the virus, oh well.
Are you aware of how the US became a free and separate nation? It doesnt sound like you understand how this works.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Im not in favor of protesting the government. It has no right to exist and I don't think it's wise to reinforce the paradigm that it grants you rights.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:19 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,289,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You mean true Americans that won't stand for their RIGHTS to be trampled? People that have read the Constitution and realize government does NOT GRANT RIGHTS so they can not take them away. Politicians need to FEAR citizens not the other way around like it has become.
I am not singling your comment out, but just responding to a term you used that has been used by so many during this pandemic.

As much as I dislike guns personally and stand on the be stricter side of the ledger, I understand it is a constitutional right to own a gun. Therefore I just bite my tongue.

When the term Constitutional Rights gets shoved down my throat (so to speak) during this pandemic, I wholeheartedly disagree with it. It's obvious how fast the virus spreads unchecked. TIme and time again I hear about it in the news. Go back too soon, and who knows what. A lot of people have died with these extreme measures in place. I for one have no problem following the best practices being told around the world. I think protesting is garbage frankly in this particular case. I know how difficult this is and how the global economy has suffered. I value life first, so when thee entire world says sty home, social distancing, etc, I will follow.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:46 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I may not agree with their positions but it was a peaceful act of civil disobedience.

The articles I read do not mention any arrests or injuries.

So it seems we have quite a few people around here that only like civil disobedience when it suits them politically.
If they want to protest they should not be gathering in crowds and what is exactly the point of bringing guns to a back to work protest. The middle of a pandemic that killed 60,000 people and they’re protesting in crowds, these people are idiots.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:59 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
BLM was allowed to demonstrate. Nobody harassed them, even when they started blocking freeways and doing other stupid, intolerable crap to PO citizens. I believe their slogan was "pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon".

Muslims make up around 1% of the population. You're going to have to work awfully hard to find something to PO enough of them to make something like this happen. These demonstrations have nothing to do with race or religion, so why do lefties keep trying to inject it into the conversation? Why do you seek to divide everyone up based on your preferred categories?
If BLM took over a state capital in protest carrying guns I’m sure you wouldn’t have an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies