Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 07:04 AM

17,418 posts, read 12,049,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaefer687 View Post
When you come to the party with your gun slung against your chest, it is not a legal, peaceful protest. They are looking for trouble. This isn't Democracy. It's anarchy. They should all be thrown in jail and held without bail. And if they catch the virus, oh well.
Peaceful would be a matter of how you ACT as opposed to what you wear. As for legal, you can carry guns into that building, and we have a 2nd Amendment, so it IS legal.

Your "they are looking for trouble" comment shows why everyone is so angry. Our rights are being trampled for what might happen. There is no proof that folks forced to close their businesses are infected. As usual, the Left is acting as the thought police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 07:08 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,916,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
As opposed to the governor-nut, with no regard for working people.
This "governor-nut" is just trying to keep people from dying from a virus that couldn't give a rat's ass about people. It's sad that people can't see who the enemy really is. What other reason would she be doing what she's doing? Do you thinks she likes this?

Old 05-01-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Bringing guns to a protest isn't a threat?
No, it's not. Pointing it as someone would be. Verbally threatening to shoot someone would be.

But just carrying one? Nope, not even close.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:10 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,916,648 times
Quote:
Peaceful would be a matter of how you ACT as opposed to what you wear. As for legal, you can carry guns into that building, and we have a 2nd Amendment, so it IS legal.

Your "they are looking for trouble" comment shows why everyone is so angry. Our rights are being trampled for what might happen. There is no proof that folks forced to close their businesses are infected. As usual, the Left is acting as the thought police.
Why do people have to show up with guns to protests? It's not like they're gonna use them. Because if they don't like a few months lock down now, they sure as hell wouldn't like the one they'd get if they killed somebody.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
This "governor-nut" is just trying to keep people from dying from a virus that couldn't give a rat's ass about people. It's sad that people can't see who the enemy really is. What other reason would she be doing what she's doing? Do you thinks she likes this?
Since you've asked, yes I do think she likes this. She likes the power, she likes thinking she's smarter than everyone else, and she doesn't care a lick about the working stiff.

She was supposed to enact rules that flattened the curve, and keep hospitals from being overwhelmed. That has happened. The goal was never to keep people from dying. That's a goal that can never be attained. Do you think she should ban vehicles? That would keep people from dying. Should she quarantine everyone for 4 months a year during flu season? That would keep people from dying. And if she truly wanted to keep people from dying, she would put all her efforts into stopping the violence that is rampant in Detroit.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:15 AM

45,408 posts, read 26,681,519 times
Wow, some really get uptight seeing their neighbor exercising freedoms.

Funny they dont seem to mind govt agents walking around with guns on their belts everywhere they go.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:39 AM

57,398 posts, read 26,466,177 times
Quote:

There is absolutely no reason to bring a gun to a protest on the economy, of course its a threat.

Yes there are people being infected, that is why they are closing businesses to prevent the spread of the disease. Why is this so difficult to understand, 40,000 infected and 4,000 dead in MI.

This isn't "the left", the policy she is enforcing is sanctioned by Trump and other republican leaders.

Old 05-01-2020, 07:40 AM

255 posts, read 88,020 times
Yes, being sequestered in your house for a long time is hard. People get frustrated, but remember...

Anne Frank and 7 other people hid in a 450 sq.ft. attic for 761 days, quietly trying to remain undiscovered in order to stay alive.

You'll probably be fine in your house...with your wine, your Grubhub and your Netflix. Feel grateful yet?

Old 05-01-2020, 08:04 AM

13,864 posts, read 5,083,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Wow, some really get uptight seeing their neighbor exercising freedoms.

Funny they dont seem to mind govt agents walking around with guns on their belts everywhere they go.
When I see a guard or law enforcement officer carrying a gun, I presume they are doing so for my protection. I also presume they have been trained in proper use of guns and gun safety. I don't feel threatened.

If I see a hunter in the field carrying a deer rifle or shotgun in season, I know what they are doing and I don't feel threatened.

When I see some goofball in military fatigues with a rifle strapped to his chest, for no apparent reason other than to intimidate others or make himself feel tough, I don't feel so safe.

Old 05-01-2020, 08:05 AM

5,969 posts, read 3,936,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Michigan looks like it's about to start the next Civil War.
Do you really think these overweight freedom fighters are going to successfully take on the government? They didn't do jack when Bush trampled our freedoms; heck, they didn't do a damn thing when Trump infringed on our gun rights with his bump stock ban. They're only "marching up" now because they're getting paid. Follow the money!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies