Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 02:35 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,984,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yep. I look at it as peaceful protests are fine. These rallies aren't exactly peaceful.
Why don't you think they're peaceful? Because they're carrying big, scary guns?

Please tell what happened at these rallies that wasn't peaceful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Kind of fits the definition, doesn't it? Hopefully there's a peaceful resolution to this, but I certainly wouldn't support a "deal" with them. No negotiations with terrorists.
terrorism (n): the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

This protest was lawful. It's allowed under our Constitutional Rights.

There was no violence.

There was no intimidation.

It was not against civilians. It was against our government. Something that is allowed in our Constitution.

It was not for political purposes. It was to protest overreach by our government.

Old 05-01-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
The government is barring you from doing none of these things.

So again, I'm not seeing your point about government infringing on rights.
They have basically taken over individual businesses, by closing them without the permission of the business owner.

Old 05-01-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
When you bring guns. That's terrorism.
Nope. That's a right. Try again.

Old 05-01-2020, 02:45 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You mean true Americans that won't stand for their RIGHTS to be trampled? People that have read the Constitution and realize government does NOT GRANT RIGHTS so they can not take them away. Politicians need to FEAR citizens not the other way around like it has become.

Looking at that picture in the OP, I'd mean the allegedly "true Americans" who are too damn stupid to know how the flag they so allegedly love should be displayed. I fear the idiocy of some citizens and those who attempt to glorify them.

Old 05-01-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
No, it is NOT patriotism! That's safety and security of the building! There are buildings that check firearms. Federal buildings are one! That's not taking away your rights. It gets checked when you walk into a federal building. Once you leave, you can have your firearm back!
Firearms are allowed in that building. We have a right to bear arms.

Please tell me what was unsafe about this protest?

Old 05-01-2020, 02:49 PM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Free assembly. Life, Liberty and Pursuit of happiness. Among others.
I heard a few of the spokesmen and I have no idea what they are specifically protesting for, does anyone. They really don't sound like the brightest bunch, do they want restaurants and movie theaters to reopen or is if just the garden center at the box stores or boat ramps. I still have no idea what the legislators suing the governor want, what exactly is their proposal.

Instead of jamming up traffic they should go help out at a food bank, mop up an ICU ward or donate platelets. Its really crazy how some states have these right wing groups ignoring health science because they know better. Thank god it is just a few hundred selfish entitled people.

Old 05-01-2020, 02:53 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Some of them armed

Notice how the State Police did not push them around and make unreasonable and unlawful demands....

Old 05-01-2020, 02:55 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,676,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Firearms are allowed in that building. We have a right to bear arms.

Please tell me what was unsafe about this protest?
Try that in a federal building! You won't

Old 05-01-2020, 03:08 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
It's my risk to take. I can wear PPE in public not that it does any good. You stop worrying about me and stop imposing your fears and obviously ineffective rules and standards on those of us with the means and will to go about our lives.
I'm not worrying about you. I'm worrying about me or others who have health issues. It would all be well and good if you getting ill was just about you. But it may not be. You could spread the virus to others. Sorry, no man is an island. So no, it's not just about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies