Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 01:10 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,416,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
No, he was arrested for disorderly conduct, not for writing he killed his neighbor's pet dinosaur, and he bought a gun for taking care of the business.

Summerville police officials say Stone's book bag and locker were searched on Tuesday, and a gun was not found. According to police, when Stone was asked by school officials about the comment written on the assignment, he became "very irate" and said it was a joke.
Can you blame him? If my kid hadn't got upset I sure would have. "Seriously, you call the police in because he wrote about shooting a dinosaur"?

"Are you really this stupid"? I imagine it would go downhill from there. What people need to do is call out stupidity like this.

Quote:
A Summerville Police Department report states that Stone continued to be disruptive and was placed in handcuffs, and was told that he was being detained for disturbing schools.

With people walking into schools with guns and offing kids, I can see how a teacher would be concerned with the kid's language.
Then ask the parents. Calling in the cops is asinine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 01:22 PM

23,718 posts, read 17,387,544 times
This marks an end to murder mystery writers, Steven King and other writers of the macabre.

the world of FANTASY is under attack by the government.

Exceptions are video games and ghetto songs, old cartoons of Elmer Fudd will be erased form all libraries.

Gosh! the news programs on visual media will no longer show or report shootings, murder or stories with bad vibes.

The end of Christmas Story and Laurel and Hardy's March of the wooden soldiers.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:25 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,163,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Can you blame him? If my kid hadn't got upset I sure would have. "Seriously, you call the police in because he wrote about shooting a dinosaur"?

"Are you really this stupid"? I imagine it would go downhill from there. What people need to do is call out stupidity like this.

Then ask the parents. Calling in the cops is asinine.

They didn't arrest him because he wrote about killing a dinosaur. They arrested him for becoming disruptive in a school.

And, to answer your "question": No, I'm not stupid by any means.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:27 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,033,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
This marks an end to murder mystery writers, Steven King and other writers of the macabre.

the world of FANTASY is under attack by the government.

Exceptions are video games and ghetto songs, old cartoons of Elmer Fudd will be erased form all libraries.

Gosh! the news programs on visual media will no longer show or report shootings, murder or stories with bad vibes.

The end of Christmas Story and Laurel and Hardy's March of the wooden soldiers.

They've practically done away with Looney Tunes anyway. If you're lucky you'll catch a half hour of it on Cartoon Network early in the morning, followed by the new version, which is absolutely NOT funny! Cartoon Network used to do what was called "June Bugs" in which they would have a weekend marathon of Bugs Bunny cartoons. Not anymore. I'm 41, and still love those damn cartoons. I try and grab their DVD compilations when I can. Oh, and my son who is 11 like them too. They're better than just about anything that passes for cartoons today.

Old 08-21-2014, 01:29 PM

79,909 posts, read 44,416,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
They didn't arrest him because he wrote about killing a dinosaur.
That has nothing to do with what I said. If you want to address what I said, fine. If not............

Old 08-21-2014, 01:30 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,400,255 times
This is even stupider than the people who got their panties in a twist about Spielberg killing a dinosaur last month. And these people are supposed to be educating kids?

Old 08-21-2014, 01:30 PM

20,392 posts, read 20,038,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy You Met Once View Post
Jesus Christ. Some people just love the police state, don't they?
All the way up to the point to where the state finally gets around to going after them.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:23 PM

59,563 posts, read 27,691,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A 16 year old high school student in South Carolina was suspended and arrested for writing a story about shooting a dinosaur. The teacher saw the word gun, freaked, and police were called to search his locker for a gun. He was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, and has a 1 week suspension from school. Good grief.

High school student says he was arrested for killing dinosaur in - NBC12.com - Richmond, VA News
And some wonder why teacher's a school officials have lost a lot of respect.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:28 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,897,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Unfortunately things like this can happen these days. Had the school done nothing and it turned out to be a cryptic message and the kid later brought a gun to school to "take care of business" then people would be calling out for the school to have done something to prevent this from happening and fault them for missing these signs.

If anything, the kid has learned a lesson about joking and when it is and isn't acceptable.

Only when you have teachers and administrators with IQ's similar to plants.

If I had kids, I would not consider subjecting them to these idiots.

Old 08-21-2014, 02:33 PM

59,563 posts, read 27,691,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Interesting story. I can remember writing stories in school for lit assignments that were...action /adventure oriented. Weapons of all kinds were central to the themes. Its just the kind of writing I liked to do. Somewhere in the story, there was going to be a fight, or several. My teacher never freaked out and called the cops. Always got As on my writing from her.

Firearms, blades, sci fi weapons like plasma rifles, all kinds of weapons were in my stories.. Nothing subliminal about it. Certainly not a reason to call the police. I gather that the 1st amendment does not apply to 16 yo students? Being as they can be arrested for writing a story, that seems to be the case.

Only stories about beautiful, utopian harmony, cultural diversity, and "tolerance" for various darlings of progressive thought, will be accepted. Anything with weapons, self reliance, and "incorrect thinking" is punishable by arrest. This is what we have come to. Sad....
I wonder how these "highly educated " school teachers and other officials teach about, the Revolutionary War?

The Civil War, WWI, WWII and every other war. that has occurred in the world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies