Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 12:31 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,288,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"these days you need to have a Masters Degree in most schools." Which does what?

They immediately get a raise. Does the average grades of the students they teach go up?

If not, why not. After all the have masters Degree and SHOULD be BETTER at being a teacher.

A Masters in teaching is nothing but a scam to give teachers a higher pay.
This is an off topic post, if you wish to discuss a teacher's salary compared to the degree that Is required, start a new thread about that. I have no interest in going into this off topic idea with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 06:11 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,061,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Why yes, thank you! We certainly do have some of the stupidest people on the planet here in South Carolina.
I don't get it. You bag on South Carolina ALL the time. This is one story that is not indicative of our state as a whole. I honestly do not get why you continue to live in a state your abhor so much. As to the intelligence or lack thereof of our this area, well, I know Dorchester County 2, the district where this school is located is rated very highly. That's probably why so much of it is transplants - so much so that I think they outnumber the natives. Just down the road, they also have a high school that is rated in the top 10 nationwide. So much for that 'we're all stupid' down here nonsense.

South Carolina, like many other Southern states has a vast disparity between the poor performing and high performing schools (and areas). There are several reasons for this, not the least of which is the agrarian society that one pervaded the South to the reliance on industries, such as textile, that are now gone. However, many areas of the South are rebounding with new industry and more opportunities. Of course, we still have obvious need for improvement in many areas and no one is denying that. Of note - this area, Summerville (a suburb of Charleston), is in the high performing area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies