Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2014, 07:41 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Agreed. Just because a homosexual couple is denied a cake does not mean hate or harm. The baker is not refusing to bake the cake because the homosexuals don't believe in the Bible, but because the baker does believe in the bible, and believes that it forbids him to affirm the validity of a homosexual 'marriage'.

Having the state forcing them to go against their beliefs is very wrong and abuse in power.
But what if a straight person was the one ordering a wedding cake for the gay couple? But the customer didn't disclose what kind of wedding it was for. It was just for a wedding What's the baker to do? Ask every customer what the cake is supposed to be for?

Old 01-29-2014, 07:43 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,747,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Homosexuals are sexual preditors. That is their nature. Don't tell me it isn't, because I have experienced it. The notes slipped under the door of my room at the YMCA when I was in art school, the guy that just happens to need to take a shower when I'm in their, jumping in and starting to play with himslef. Yes, they do that. Don't tell me they don't.

ah, but they can't help it . they were born that way..............SARC

Old 01-29-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud2beAMom View Post
LOL... really? AAAHHHAAAA that's hysterical.

What do you think us women go through and put up with in straight men..LOL..

So.. every man that has ever slipped a note under my door, attempted to get close to me or sneak a peak, grabbed my butt, made sexual inuendos ... I could go on.. is a sexual predator now.. LOL

NO.. it's called being a man with hormones and trying to hit on the opposite, or in this case,the same sex..

ROTFL..

Think of all the times YOU made advances toward a women, then think of it from her perspective.. do you think YOu are a sexual predator? pfft...LOL
apples to oranges

if a straight man was attracted to a woman he would get booted out when he tried to use the same shower room.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
its in the new testament too.
It's also written in the New Testament that fornicators are wrong, but no business turns their business down.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Depends on the country/population. Half of Catholics and probably at least half of mainline protestants in the US support SSM. It's mainly Evangelicals (which Fundamentalists fall under) that oppose it. 70% of Jews also support SSM.

YOU mentioned "Christianity"

Jews are not Christians .

Old 01-29-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Homosexuals are sexual preditors. That is their nature. Don't tell me it isn't, because I have experienced it. The notes slipped under the door of my room at the YMCA when I was in art school, the guy that just happens to need to take a shower when I'm in their, jumping in and starting to play with himslef. Yes, they do that. Don't tell me they don't.
So it takes just one homosexual to know they're all that way.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
This post doesn't surprise me a bit.

There was a gay poster on an internet site who gave his real name late one night.
He stated he has the right to go in men's bathrooms, men's shower rooms, and men's beach places to change clothes.

He also stated..............." the sight of a male package turns me on"

Would you wan t that pervert entering those places while your sons were using the urinals, showering, or changing clothes ?

Old 01-29-2014, 07:59 PM

577 posts, read 436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
apples to oranges

if a straight man was attracted to a woman he would get booted out when he tried to use the same shower room.
well, yeah of course.. but its quite possible that they would try..

THAT does not make them a sexual preditor..

Old 01-29-2014, 08:09 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
That's actually my point. How can you discern which items in the bible are right or wrong? In someones mind either the entire text is right or the entire text is wrong.. you can't say .. well I like this, so this is right , but I don't like this so in this case the bible is wrong. It's not logical. And I can't understand why Christians cherry pick what the WANT to believe out of the bible.
The Bible is a book with many stories with many lessons that leaves it up to its readers to determine what is right and wrong.

Quote:
I don't understand neccesarily how this relates to the topic at hand. We are talking about businesses discriminating against couples based on their own belief system, not neccesarily debating whether marriage between same sex couples is right or wrong.
My point is that Christians don't see family life the same as others do.

Quote:
But it is.. Christianity and believing in the Bible is a belief system. Someone believes that another race is inferior, that's their belief system. Your beliefs dictate how you treat and how you view others. Religious beliefs do that as well; they dictate how you treat and view others. Those that believe that gay marriage is wrong discriminate or don't recognize them and/or believe them inferior, sinners, whatever.. because their belief system dictates that.
What you are describing earlier sounds like prejudice, not a belief system. And what you are describing here are followers with different interpretations, not the religion itself. Christians traditionally do not consider a married same-sex couple as a valid marriage. Their idea of marriage is to raise children and have a family.

Quote:
For clergy, yes it does. For a church, yes it does. If the church doesn't want to allow for gay ceremonies in their church, I'm okay with that... the dont' have to recognize it... as long as the laws of which ALL of us follows , regardless of religion, recognizes it - because we have a seperation of church and state.

AS for business owners, when you open up a public place of business and advertise that business, you can't cherry pick who comes into your facility and who doesn't. You have to serve everyone equally.. its what you sign up for when you open a public place of business.

However, I go back to my original statement; that if I were gay I wouldn't patronize a business who refused to do business with me or held animosity toward me because I'm gay.
These businesses are not holding animosity towards gay people. As I said before, marriage is considered a religious event/ceremony to some based on their beliefs. Most people who marry are heterosexual couples, not very many homosexual couples.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:18 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But what if a straight person was the one ordering a wedding cake for the gay couple? But the customer didn't disclose what kind of wedding it was for. It was just for a wedding What's the baker to do? Ask every customer what the cake is supposed to be for?
Most businesses would assume that weddings cakes for these marriages are hetero couples. There aren't very many gay couples around. Since I'm not in the business, I wouldn't know exactly how this would turn out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.