Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 02:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,231,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
He kind of looks like a Rock Star in that photo too. With the long, curly, hair.

I'm pretty sure he's going to get a lot of American female fans from that cover photo. It's a good photo of him and he was a good looking young man.
He already has dumb young girls sending him fan mail. Not for anything, but IMO...he looks just like his mother and I find them pretty plain looking at best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 02:56 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,489,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
And they call him a monster. Take things in context and relax, people. We have waaay more serious things to deal with than this.
They did what the media typically does of young white males to go rogue. They refer to him as normal or good etc, and then ask the question, "What went wrong?"

Ironically, the media actually made Trayvon look nice and innocent (he was legally innocent and should not have been followed by Zimmy, but he was not a very morally innocent young man) by putting up photos of him as a much younger kid.

You can use photography or Photoshopping to make someone look more menacing too.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:57 PM

79,911 posts, read 44,516,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I agree, people who get more worked up over a silly magazine cover than easily avoidable wars of choice are effed up!
I have to agree with you here. We still have others his age in countries they have no place being getting killed but yet the uproar is over a mostly irrelevant magazine's cover.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:12 PM

121 posts, read 200,333 times
I stopped reading that worthless rag a long time ago.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:48 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,187,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Mugshots aren't the same as a photo that could have been taken by Annie Liebowitz.
No mugshot of him has been released so use what ya got. What they got is a FB picture that is a damn good picture so yeah, use that one.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:51 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,525,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They are putting the surviving Boston Marathon bomber on the cover.....

Boston bombing suspect on cover of Rolling Stone - CNN.com

I won't read the magazine again, not even if the choice is that or Knitting World at my dentists office.
This is President Obama's magazine of choice for deciding American foreign policy.

Remember when Rolling Stone ran an article about the Commanding General in Afghanistan criticizing Obama? Obama fired him even though the article was largely false.

Hell of a way to run a war. Reading magazines aimed at drug addicted teens, lols.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:53 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,187,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
This is President Obama's magazine of choice for deciding American foreign policy.

Remember when Rolling Stone ran an article about the Commanding General in Afghanistan criticizing Obama? Obama fired him even though the article was largely false.

Hell of a way to run a war. Reading magazines aimed at drug addicted teens, lols.
Really?

Old 07-17-2013, 04:00 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,024,900 times
I knew RS would pull a stunt like this. Enemies of America are friends of the radical Left. Only a liberal rag like Rolling Stone would show sympathy for the Devil.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...cal-islam.html

Old 07-17-2013, 04:11 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,696,734 times
how many see this and are like eff it i'll just bomb ish up. i might even end up on rolling stones!

it's irresponsible too...

Old 07-17-2013, 04:22 PM

45 posts, read 46,715 times
I'm rather approving of this Rolling Stone issue as the magazine editors were ballsy enough to finally puts on its cover the ultimate role model for Occupy Wall Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies