Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 11:23 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Dude, its the cover of rolling stone! Ive always wanted to be on the Wheaties cereal boxes when I was his age, he made the cover of rolling stone!
Hitler made the cover of TIME!

And?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 11:30 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightforlove View Post
I didn't know that setting off bombs and killing people could get you on the cover of RS. I always thought you had to become a talented, acclaimed musician. Huh, learn something new every day in America...
That's kind of the way it used to be...musician or somebody related to the culture of it...I quit reading RS many years ago and now will never start again....ALL media has lost its credibility over the past decade or so...its about the bucks,not the truth and the two never intersect.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:41 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Cool so I can go bomb my city and get on the cover of rolling stone?
Let us know when you're forced to buy the magazine. Until then, grow up.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:47 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Again Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Just had to quite you. It was easier than to say so again

It is interesting a PC rag gets dumped on by the PC though LOL maybe PC needs to 'change' to Political Correctness Insanity as PCI, no?

just wait this bomber 'suspect' will one day be a PCI hero, giving the hand wringers of the world something to do.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:50 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I don't know the editorial thought process that went into this decision, or any RS cover decision, but I assume $$ is the driving factor. Is it going to get attention, get people talking and get people to fork over money? If so, it's probably a good business decision. There is nothing wrong with the face of a killer or criminal on the front page of anything, it's been done that way since print media was invented, but there is a certain "catch" about a Rolling Stone cover and they seem to be reaching for something beyond the limits of what they stand for....smells like desperation doesn't it? How in trouble is that magazine financially anyway?

Old 07-17-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Just had to quite you. It was easier than to say so again

So, when you quote BS, is it twice the BS?

Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,725,473 times
It seems to me that this was an attention grab more than anything--an attempt to sell papers.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
That's kind of the way it used to be...musician or somebody related to the culture of it...I quit reading RS many years ago and now will never start again....ALL media has lost its credibility over the past decade or so...its about the bucks,not the truth and the two never intersect.
While I agree about media in general there is still some good writing out there. RS published an essay by Hunter S Thompson soon after 9/11 that was one of the best pieces I've read about 9/11 and its consequences and I can't find a damn link to it attributed to RS.

Scroll down to the essay in:

"Make no mistake about it: We are At War now

If this isn't the essay that appeared in RS it's awfully close.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear30 View Post
It seems to me that this was an attention grab more than anything--an attempt to sell papers.
I'm SHOCKED!

SHOCKED I say!

WHO would ever think a media outlet would engage in attention grabbing in pursuit of $$$?

Just shocking!

Old 07-17-2013, 12:02 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,669,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm SHOCKED!

SHOCKED I say!

WHO would ever think a media outlet would engage in attention grabbing in pursuit of $$$?

Just shocking!
Isn't that the basis for the entire existence of Fox News?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies