Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 09:13 PM

30,485 posts, read 52,190,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Never implied that it was or wasn't. If mom has evaluated the pluses and negatives and deems it fit, more power to the family unit.

But I'm really sorry and apologize for this but I just had to do it.

"What's so bad about a boy who wear's a dress to school"?

Depends on how short it is. (rimshot)
Haha.

For the record, though, I wasn't saying anything about your personal family situation... I was just asking a hypothetical question, and now I have my answer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2012, 09:13 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,881,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well, grew up going to private school, and feel that is how it should be: uniform.

Yup, uniform. School is not a fashion show. Well unless there is a fashion show at the school.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,221,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
When I was a little boy I would have never worn a dress to school ...

Unless my mother would buy me a classic little black dress designed by Coco Chanel, a simple cultured pearl necklace by Mikimoto, a tasteful handbag by Louis Vuitton, and shoes from Manolo Blahnik.

Otherwise it was strictly dungarees and a white T-shirt for me!

If I'm gonna wear drag, it's gotta be classy drag! Who do you think I am, Sarah Palin???

Oh, you cross-dressers are such snobs!!!

Old 08-09-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Gender issues..... I think our whole damn society has issues, as we continue to spiral downward.
Nothing seems wrong or odd or shameful anymore apparently.
And that's a bad thing how? Personally I'm glad our society no longer deems things "shameful, wrong, odd, etc." - at least not when it comes to personal expression and gender identity. Why should anyone be ashamed to be themselves? As long as they're not hurting anyone else, I think it's great to be comfortable in who you are.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,705,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Haha.

For the record, though, I wasn't saying anything about your personal family situation... I was just asking a hypothetical question, and now I have my answer!
Well I used that hypothetical question to inject a punchline of dubious quality. My inuendo was that we wouldn't want his Anthony Weiner hanging out now would we?

Old 08-09-2012, 09:19 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,998,266 times
I don't see why so many have a need to lable people or raise them to fit into a certain box, reinforce stupid narrow minded ideas?

Why is it wrong for boys to play with girl toys and the other way around? All we are doing is teaching to discriminate anyone that doesn't do the "normal" or expected thing.

We should drop this need to lable people and just live and let live.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:20 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,881,593 times
Although I do remember wearing a Kilt for a day in High School during home coming week. Girlfriend liked it.

No didn't go comando though I'm sure some of you boys in here would have liked that. Big hairy Latino bear in a kilt.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:21 PM

3,326 posts, read 3,181,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
About That Boy Who Likes To Wear A Dress

What does any of this have to do with a boy wearing a dress to school?

He's got gender issues. This shouldn't have to be experienced by everyone in that school to accommodate that boy's gender confusion.

He has got to learn that you can't throw on a dress and go out in public and be acceptable. That's not how society works.
Doesn't that depend on the "society?"

Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well I used that hypothetical question to inject a punchline of dubious quality. My inuendo was that we wouldn't want his Anthony Weiner hanging out now would we?
No, definitely not... and this coming from a straight woman, but I still don't need to see anyone's Anthony at school! Of course, a good pair of pantyhose can hide just about anything.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:27 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,705,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
No, definitely not... and this coming from a straight woman, but I still don't need to see anyone's Anthony at school! Of course, a good pair of pantyhose can hide just about anything.
So I guess a nice demure Ann Klein pleat that fell just above the knee would be acceptable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies