Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 12:14 PM

13,299 posts, read 7,917,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Puh-lease, I've gone to school with two giant dragons coming out of my back complete with cloak and armor. I've worn many cosplays to school.

A dress? What's the big deal?
Oh, so I suppose it has to be a garter belt to mark a distinction!

Sagging socks suck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 08:33 PM

30,328 posts, read 18,890,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's unbelievable that we're even considering this as an option for children.

Why can't parents raise their children as they are supposed to be raised. Why are children given so much freedom to dictate to their parents how they will dress?

If my son wanted to dress up like superman and go to school there's no way that would happen, but a dress? Give me a break.

What’s So Bad About a Boy Who Wants to Wear a Dress?

At 4 years old, there's no way I'd allow my son to make those decisions on his own.

There's an image of a boy in a green dress that goes with the article linked. That kid is probably older than 7 years old, I can't believe the world of hurt his parents are setting him up for. Why don't adults just put their foot down and impart discipline and be a parent.
It sounds like the Cheech and Chong song "Earache My Eye"-

Daddy he disowned me 'Cause
I wear my sisters clothes.
He, caught me in the bathroom With
a pair of pantyhose.

The basketball coach Done
kicked me off the team.
For wearing hi-heel sneakers And
acting like a queen.......................

Hey- if the kid has confidence and is tough enough to beat up a few guys who object to his fashion views, then let him do it. Ever heard of "A Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash? I think it is hilarious.

A college room mate and I (both decent highschool wrestlers) dressed in women's clothes and went to a biker bar, expecting a good fight (we were both not only wrestlers, but were lower income and used to unconventional fighting). The bikers were cool as hell and laughed their asses off- they bought us beer and played pool with us all night. We felt embarrassed later, not because we were walking home in women's clothes, but more so as we had prejudged and misjudged a group of guys who turned out to be pretty decent and did not even consider giving a couple of a*s holes a beating we probably deserved.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:39 PM

63,917 posts, read 47,001,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalana View Post
why not? dresses are way more comfortable than pants...i've tried them both..dresses win
Me too.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:58 PM

63,917 posts, read 47,001,442 times
I have no recollection of any depiction of a man known as Jesus wearing pants.

The Romans considered pants to be barbarian.

After the French Revolution, men ceased wearing high heels, silk stocking and wigs.

Up till the early 70's it was illegal for women to wear pants in public in some municipalities.

There used to be a kid in the neighborhood who wore dresses. He was ignored and eventually lost interest in making a statement.

Many people seem to make a big deal about cloth.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

After the French Revolution, men ceased wearing high heels, silk stocking and wigs.
Before the Revolution, how did the women relate to these men?

Was it, like, lesbianic or transgenderic, or something?

Old 07-14-2014, 01:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,767,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have no recollection of any depiction of a man known as Jesus wearing pants.

The Romans considered pants to be barbarian.

Up till the early 70's it was illegal for women to wear pants in public in some municipalities.
Yup. Fashion is specific to the times and places. For ex., we don't go to work nude in the U.S. (and might be arrested if we tried), yet the Kamayura in the Amazon do their work totally nude most of the time, and God hasn't struck them dead yet.

But we live among people and have to fit in, in order to have a peaceful coexistence. If someone in a suit tried to incorporate himself into the Kamayura, he wouldn't be seen as one of "them."

Old 07-14-2014, 01:48 PM

4,138 posts, read 4,559,338 times
What's so bad about a boy who wears a dress to school?

I don't know, did it clash with his purse or shoes?

Old 07-14-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Before the Revolution, how did the women relate to these men?

Was it, like, lesbianic or transgenderic, or something?
Probably launched from Leda and the Swan.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:18 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,047,565 times
If he were older, as in his late teenage years in high school I wouldn't care. That's his decision, you can dress however you want to even if I disagree with it. But at 4 years old? The kid has no idea what he's doing, the parents should be investigated for child abuse, he is a boy NOT a girl! I thought I was spiderman as a kid, my parents didn't allow me to go to school dressed in a spiderman costume. They didn't entertain such lunacy.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:44 AM

Sounds like bully bait training.

Is there a lot of money in bully lawsuits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies