Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 03:28 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,965,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Hmmm...Ive got a huge problem in this dressing idea, maybe I should make a thread...I bought a red color shirt and knew when I bought it, the deep red was just a touch off, but I fancied the style. So I bought a bottle of bleach thinking to ajust the color a touch being a little fussy. Problem is I forgot about the soaking and the new shirt is more of a distinct pink hue.

Now, I'm a bachelor and most of the young little babes out there just love it when I squeeze out a possible notice or glance of distraction, now if the shirt is pink the little blooming flowers might think hey, maybe this guy is gay and its not, such a great day....so I refuse to wear that shirt and if I toss it out, it will go out in a colored non-clear bag so that there is no mistake. I think being aware of peoples day and realizing we all have an effect in the waltzing around is import.I'm concerned about these things.
LMFAO what did I just read
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 AM

1 posts, read 763 times
why not? dresses are way more comfortable than pants...i've tried them both..dresses win

Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,183,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And you're one of the few I expected WOULD be able to name one...

But if you did a poll of the whole US, I'd wager more people could identify the volleyball players first. I know that's true for me, and I'm not even a fan (actually hated the sport when I was forced to play in school). Regardless, I wouldn't mind seeing more shooting either - it is kinda cool, although gymnastics is the only summer sport I really care about watching.
Some of the Olympic shooters practice with AR-15's.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:23 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,291,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's unbelievable that we're even considering this as an option for children.

Why can't parents raise their children as they are supposed to be raised. Why are children given so much freedom to dictate to their parents how they will dress?

If my son wanted to dress up like superman and go to school there's no way that would happen, but a dress? Give me a break.

What’s So Bad About a Boy Who Wants to Wear a Dress?

At 4 years old, there's no way I'd allow my son to make those decisions on his own.

There's an image of a boy in a green dress that goes with the article linked. That kid is probably older than 7 years old, I can't believe the world of hurt his parents are setting him up for. Why don't adults just put their foot down and impart discipline and be a parent.
Well, where did Mr. Coulter's parents go wrong, they let their son errrrr, daughter go to school dressed in knickers, now he wears dresses to CNN and Fox news and just about everywhere.
My goodness, what's the world coming to?

Old 02-18-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Huh??

And sheesh, why did somebody resurrect this old thread?
Hey, it beats libruls suck threads.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:52 AM

23,862 posts, read 17,553,979 times
Just let a kid wear a USA shirt to school and see what happens!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:55 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,783,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's unbelievable that we're even considering this as an option for children.

Why can't parents raise their children as they are supposed to be raised. Why are children given so much freedom to dictate to their parents how they will dress?

If my son wanted to dress up like superman and go to school there's no way that would happen, but a dress? Give me a break.

What’s So Bad About a Boy Who Wants to Wear a Dress?

At 4 years old, there's no way I'd allow my son to make those decisions on his own.

There's an image of a boy in a green dress that goes with the article linked. That kid is probably older than 7 years old, I can't believe the world of hurt his parents are setting him up for. Why don't adults just put their foot down and impart discipline and be a parent.
We had this discussion at work. Here's our dress situation at work:

1) If we wanted to wear goth outfits and purple hair, we wouldn't have been hired here, and we'd be kicked out on our _ss_s.

2) If we wanted to wear a piercing through our cheek, or insert little horns under the skin of our foreheads, we wouldn't have been hired here, and we'd be kicked out on our _ss_s.

3) If we wanted to wear see-through outfits, we wouldn't have been hired here, and we'd be kicked out on our _ss_s.

4) If we wanted to wear metal breastplates and horned Viking helmets, we wouldn't have been hired here, and we'd be kicked out on our _ss_s.

5) If we wanted to tattoo our faces, we wouldn't have been hired here, and we'd be kicked out on our _ss_s.

6) If we wanted to wear shorts and flip-flops, we wouldn't have been hired here, and we'd be kicked out on our _ss_s.

7) If we women wanted to wear a man's suit, and a man's shoes, we wouldn't have been hired here, and we'd be kicked out on our _ss_s.

8) If the men here wanted to wear a dress with delicate strapped slippers, they wouldn't have been hired here, and they'd be kicked out on their _ss_s.

9) If we women wanted to wear micro-mini skirts that nearly showed our _ss, we wouldn't have been hired here, and we'd be kicked out on our _ss_s.

10) If we wanted to wear hugely long dredlocks dangling down our backs, we wouldn't have been hired here, and we'd be kicked out on our _ss_s.

11) If the men wanted to wear baggy pants, showing their dirty underwear to the public, they wouldn't have been hired here, and they'd be kicked out on their _ss_s.

We live in society, we live in public, we have certain standards of dress, we present ourselves to the public, and should try to be as presentable as possible. Schools are for learning how to dress. You can't show up dirty, you can't wear any clothes you d_mn_d well feel like, and you have to abide by rules. Is it necessary for someone to be wearing male clothes one day and women's the next? REALLY? I think not. I think people should decide what they are, or decide what their kids are, and stick with that decision, period, otherwise it's just Halloween costuming every day of the year.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Just let a kid wear a USA shirt to school and see what happens!!!!!!
I would have to say that the day after, or soon after 9/11/01, many parents dressed their children in USA shirts, and was probably allowed by many schools.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:07 PM

651 posts, read 709,148 times
Where I come from I believe that would get your ass kicked.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:29 AM

14,916 posts, read 13,180,754 times
A topical article from the father of a son who feels more comfortable wearing dresses:

My Son Wears Dresses and That's OK With Me | xoJane
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies