Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2012, 12:52 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
And that's why you would be at fault and dead as well - you have no right to initiate an ass wooping because you're a paranoid hood rat and because someone approaches you to ask a question. And just because something could have been avoided does not make that approach and questioning a crimnal offense.
^^^Exactly. . .The exaggerated rhetoric claiming that the encounter could have been avoided is merely an opinion hence, of no legal consequence and irrelevant thereof, period.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:54 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51;24373169QUOTE
Actually, even the police believe that Trayvon Martin would be alive if George Zimmerman hadn't left his truck and pursued him...many posters have included links to that fact.
Yes, that is true. It's also true if Martin kept his hands to himself he would also be alive. There is a reason police officers aren't lawyers and the original prosecutor felt the evidence was not there to prosecute Zimmerman according to the law. Legal and moral responsibility are mutually exclusive.
Quote:
And unless you were there with a tape measure to check for yourself, I'll be taking the word of the ME who wrote in the official autopsy report that Trayvon Martin was 5' 11", not 6' or 6' 3". Keep up with what's current on the thread if you're going to make assumptions.
I agree I think moving forward his height should be cited as 5'11" not 6'3 or 5'9".

Quote:
Martin had every right to defend himself against a total stranger who demanded to know why he was in the complex, and who may have tried to detain him.
If Zimmerman simply asked what he is doing here as Martin's female friend is saying. Trayvon does not have the right to punch him. He can either answer or not answer. This is a big assumption you are making about Zimmerman trying to detain him. Where are you getting this from?

Quote:
ALL the evidence points to the fact that a kid walking home from the convenience store is dead because George Zimmerman made yet another poor decision. My goodness; surely you aren't accusing Jeb Bush, Angela Corey and the co-sponsors of the SYG law in FL of being liars and race-baiters because they've denounced Zimmerman's behavior??
Outside of Angela I'm not sure what the other people have to do with this case. The law is on the books their opinions are irrelevant unless the law itself is being questioned.

Jeb Bush Says 'Stand Your Ground' Invalid in Trayvon Martin Case - Jeb Bush - Fox Nation

This witness sounds like a loon that watches too many movies, shoot him in the leg? Also she offers an opinion not a fact, I hope the prosecution has better witnesses than her.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:56 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The Black Panthers put out a bounty on Zimmerman, his defense team was getting death threats, people are randomly attacking others out of "revenge" for Martin... if I was a key witness for Zimmerman I might change my story too.

Right...they're such a HUGE group and all...

[quote] As of 2009, the NBPP claimed a few thousand members organized in 45 chapters, while independent estimates by the Anti-Defamation League suggest that the group is "much smaller" but is nevertheless able to attract a large turnout of non-members (some of whom "may not even realize what this group actually stands for") to its events by focusing on specific issues of local interest.[14] [end quote]

New Black Panther Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-19-2012, 12:57 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
And that's why you would be at fault and dead as well - you have no right to initiate an ass wooping because you're a paranoid hood rat and because someone approaches you to ask a question. And just because something could have been avoided does not make that approach and questioning a crimnal offense.

HAHA You are seriously saying you would let someone come up to you IN THE DARK after following you around with defending yourself?

Zimmerman is the one that could have avoided all this by following the directions of the dispatcher on the phone.

Zimmerman WILL be going to jail for manslaughter, and rightfully so.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:58 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,584,341 times
[quote=Evenstar51;24373454]Right...they're such a HUGE group and all...

Quote:
As of 2009, the NBPP claimed a few thousand members organized in 45 chapters, while independent estimates by the Anti-Defamation League suggest that the group is "much smaller" but is nevertheless able to attract a large turnout of non-members (some of whom "may not even realize what this group actually stands for") to its events by focusing on specific issues of local interest.[14] [end quote]

New Black Panther Party - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And it only takes one of them to kill you.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:01 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,073,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
^^^Exactly. . .The exaggerated rhetoric claiming that the encounter could have been avoided is merely an opinion hence, of no legal consequence and irrelevant thereof, period.
NOT avoided ?? SURE it could have, Zimmerman went to the mailboxes as he was TOLD to.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:14 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
HAHA You are seriously saying you would let someone come up to you IN THE DARK after following you around with defending yourself?

Zimmerman is the one that could have avoided all this by following the directions of the dispatcher on the phone.
Irrelevant! TM could have avoided getting shot if he did not attack GZ. And what I would do is not pertinent to your stupidity.

Quote:
Zimmerman WILL be going to jail for manslaughter, and rightfully so.
Are you Sylvia Brown too? So now it has gone from he is a racist 1st degree murderer who stakled and was looking to kill someone to a 2nd degree murderer zealous for justice and now manslaughter because he could have just sat by his truck. I can't keep up with your guy's view of GZ and the rambling justifications for your hatred of him.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:29 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,577 times
[quote=MJJersey;24373481]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Right...they're such a HUGE group and all...

And it only takes one of them to kill you.

Yes, and it takes only one over-jealous self-appointed neighborhood watchperson to violate guidelines and laws to kill you. Not to worry; some folks have donated enough money that Zimmerman's first set of lawyers couldn't find him. Even if every NBPP member was in FL (which they aren't), Zimmerman is safe and sound in a secret location. You can bet your PayPal account on that.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:30 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If someone is trying to kill you, there is no need to apologize for preserving your own life.
I read this statement and could only think - "Wow".

Do you honestly think that someone who kills another human being even with justification has no remorse over what they have done? Unless you are a sociopath and have no conscience, the knowledge that you took a life is going to tear you up. Using Zimmerman's apology against him as some rationale that he wasn't acting in self-defense is the sign of either a very cold heart or manipulative mind. Please tell me that I am wrong - and that you were only joking(very weakly) when you wrote these words.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:42 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,547,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
If Zimmerman said something to Trayvon which he thought was threatening, and was provoked, then started the fight to protect himself, then Zimmerman can't assert SYG.....you can't provoke a fight and then shoot someone and claim SYG.

As I said, since everyone is speculating about what happened when Trayvon and Zimmerman came in contact, it certainly seems to me a viable possibility that Zimmerman said something which Trayvon considered threatening and that started the fight. I don't believe for one minute that Zimmerman is going to confess to verbally challenging Trayvon in a threatening way.
So your saying it's okay to beat someone for verbally provoking you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies